Welcome To aBlackWeb

Pause.

What is and off limits to say around here.

It shouldn’t be on a case by case basis.

I stated in this very thread that mods love the drama but hate it at the same time so written out rules needs to be drafted and posted
Well, there is a rules section that is stickied that no one reads so because of that, it becomes case by case. Could it be updated? Absolutely because things are constantly evolving. But there's not going to be a rule for every single situation and I do believe there are things that shouldn't be a one size fits all approach as well.

I personally am in favor of reviving the ABW court system but no one wants to sit down and come up with ways to ensure it's effectiveness.

Well, there is a rules section that is stickied that no one reads so because of that, it becomes case by case. Could it be updated? Absolutely because things are constantly evolving. But there's not going to be a rule for every single situation and I do believe there are things that shouldn't be a one size fits all approach as well.

I personally am in favor of reviving the ABW court system but no one wants to sit down and come up with ways to ensure it's effectiveness.

Even if folks don’t read the rules they still need to be enforced.

The court system can be a hit or miss. I’m on the fence with that method but y’all the mods and go in a direction regardless of what folks think.

ABW is turning into the IC low key with the foolish and extreme disrespect that be going on.

Court system don't work, no need to bring it back.

Before a ban have 3 mods send a pm to the parties involved in the situation and try and hash it out behind the scenes.

I'll recluse myself from anything y'all come up with cause if it was up to me alone, this site might have 50 or less members.

My golden rule of thumb is don't say no shit to someone online that you not willing to say to them in person.

I'm gonna also kill this "mods like drama" shit as well. You see drama, I see childish shit. I don't like childish shit. The attempts to squash shit behind the scenes is only as effective as the participants in the PM. Niggas will not use the ignore feature to not upset their ego which is the dumbest shit to me but whatever.

There is a way to force someone to ignore a poster but Goldie is the only one who can activate that feature. So then it becomes, why can't you just ignore someone you claim you don't like to begin with? Why go pages and pages and pages with someone you claim adds nothing positive to your posting experience?

Because we live in the era of "I'ma get the last word".

Could just ban both members and be done with it all but then there are some that will interject and say "_____ ain't even do nothing". Not that I personally give a shit but it's the faux outrage for me

Even if folks don’t read the rules they still need to be enforced.

The court system can be a hit or miss. I’m on the fence with that method but y’all the mods and go in a direction regardless of what folks think.

ABW is turning into the IC low key with the foolish and extreme disrespect that be going on.
1. True! "ignorance of the law is no excuse"

2. IMO, the ABW court system is ridiculous (like real life)...just more fodder/entertainment for the forum

Suggestion: Update the rules. Make them realistic, let it be known that in situations where there is no rule stated or it's ambiguous, there will be a meeting of the minds among the mods and the site admin will be the deciding voice on bans. That "let me ban you for 2 days or 2 weeks to let you think about what you've done" should be abolished. Ceratain offenses get a warning...depending on the offense(s), the accumulation of 3-5 warnings=ban...period, and some offenses are an automatic ban...period.

Bottm line, this message board is growing daily and the larger a forum gets, especially one of this nature, with its brand of content, there really isn't a place for leniency. Ijs

I'll *recluse myself from anything y'all come up with cause if it was up to me alone, this site might have 50 or less members.

My golden rule of thumb is don't say no shit to someone online that you not willing to say to them in person.

I'm gonna also kill this "mods like drama" shit as well. You see drama, I see childish shit. I don't like childish shit. The attempts to squash shit behind the scenes is only as effective as the participants in the PM. Niggas will not use the ignore feature to not upset their ego which is the dumbest shit to me but whatever.

There is a way to force someone to ignore a poster but Goldie is the only one who can activate that feature. So then it becomes, why can't you just ignore someone you claim you don't like to begin with? Why go pages and pages and pages with someone you claim adds nothing positive to your posting experience?

Because we live in the era of "I'ma get the last word".

Could just ban both members and be done with it all but then there are some that will interject and say "_____ ain't even do nothing". Not that I personally give a shit but it's the faux outrage for me
*Recuse

If you don't give a shit then just do what you think needs to be done and phuck whoever doesn't agree with your decision. They can go too if they talkin shit. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Back