Only Children

I can see how an only child would want siblings, but at the end of the day, they don't have to raise them so their opinion is just like everyone elses. I've never had this talk with my kids because its so many of them. Our talks are the opposite, where they are telling me they don't want anymore sibs.

Although I will say growing up, them only child kids were annoying af. Ol' spoiled asses. Ol' Ima take my ball and go home asses.

Child number 2 is 3 months away

We wanted a girl but got a boy.

My 5 year is already “popular” and his friends already wanna come over and add another boy to the mix?

I have already apologized to my refrigerator in advance.

As an only child (with half siblings I didn't grow up with), i think having only 1 child is hella selfish. I don't think you're a bad person or a bad parent...but if you can have at least 2 you should. If you can't, don't, obviously....

Because when it's time for the kids to start taking care of their parent(s) in their older age that's all the financial, medical, personal, legal etc burden all on that 1 kid. If it's more than 1 it can be split up between more people and kept private.
thats the parents problem...how they not prepare for old age and retirement homes and stuff.

estate planning is underrated

Reactions: The Mad Titan
some of yall are the only child of your dads....and dont even know it

As an only child (with half siblings I didn't grow up with), i think having only 1 child is hella selfish. I don't think you're a bad person or a bad parent...but if you can have at least 2 you should. If you can't, don't, obviously....

Because when it's time for the kids to start taking care of their parent(s) in their older age that's all the financial, medical, personal, legal etc burden all on that 1 kid. If it's more than 1 it can be split up between more people and kept private.
Yea my younger brother and I are ten years apart. We aren’t close. Love his ass to death but we aren’t close at all. My son is damn near ten. That’s a huge gap.

I think most kids/people want what they dont have....its just the curiosity of whats on the other end of the spectrum

I love my siblings to death but I thought about it all the time....knowing how much better it could have been for me, say I didnt have 2 little brothers

had friends that were only children and I couldnt help but see what that level of attentiveness did

I spent the night at a patnas house here and there and I was just blown away by how mama was offering this and that every five minutes, came and got his laundry out his room, we woke up to pancakes and joints and shit

i guess it has a lot to do with money too, cuz even small shit like the way he ordered pizza was crazy to me....there were no inhibitions lmao....when we ordered we had to make it stretch as long as possible for the lowest price.....mostly med two toppings from dominos....like 6 of em.....but here goes cuz ordering stuffed crust, extra cheese, extra sauce, cinnamon sticks and shit

shit was crazy to me.....that absolutely creates a different type of person imo

but again, if people got enough money to where a big family dont hurt nothing, I guess they could have things the same and it wouldnt matter

as far as mine, they have that......4 kids in the house and money really isnt an issue like that

the only thing we havent done for them is private school, which we're looking forward to being able to do

I tell em I gotta take em to the neighborhood all the time to see how good they got it

but yeah my girls love each other to pieces and I couldnt see it any other way now

thats the parents problem...how they not prepare for old age and retirement homes and stuff.

estate planning is underrated
Even if they do...you still gotta talk to doctors, be up in what's going on with their health, do wellness checks, follow up with this and that, handle affairs....and then when they pass you doing all the funeral arrangements and shit on your own...contacting family, setting dates...and then you just alone after they die. You fan have other fam and friends to lean on but it ain't the same. You gotta figure out what to do with their belongings with people that potentially won't know your parents as well as you and don't know what items they thought was important......death is crazy bruh.

glad to hear somebody seems like they enjoyed it lol

i always imagined it was the shit

I love being an only child. Can't nobody entertain me like I can entertain me lol. I think I have the GOAT setup tho. Cuz I have half siblings I didn't grow up with so I'm an only child but I also have a brother and sisters to bother when I'm in a family mood...

glad to hear somebody seems like they enjoyed it lol

i always imagined it was the shit

Bruh whenever I went to some friend's house with siblings it always looked wack. If youre older you get stuck babysitting and if you're younger you end up being their punching bag / slave. They steal your shit, eat your food, embarrass you in front of the people you crush on, and narc on you to your folks (or blackmail you in exchange for not narcing). Plus, mad friends of mine had to share rooms and their meager Christmas presents seldom gave me any reason to be envious.

Not to mention, that myth about only children being socially inept was found to not be generalizable.

Kandy, tell that boy to appreciate what he's got. If anything the threat of siblings should be used to keep kids in line. Boy gonna appreciate what he's got and act right or be forced to split what he has with a brother/sister. Fr

I think he doesn’t understand how his life would change if I was to pop out another one. I already know he would be pissed because when he goes to his dads house or grandparents house and be with other kids, he texts me telling me they gettin on his nerves and he ready to go. Hell, it be times when he don’t even want me bothering him.

Good shit. I could have guessed who was raised as an only child

Good pros and cons from both sides

I think the only considerations is your own as a parent. Are you personally ready to start over from scratch?

I think he doesn’t understand how his life would change if I was to pop out another one. I already know he would be pissed because when he goes to his dads house or grandparents house and be with other kids, he texts me telling me they gettin on his nerves and he ready to go. Hell, it be times when he don’t even want me bothering him.
My youngest sister was like that last time we were all together. She was like 8 at the time and we were at a family reunion and all our cousins' kids came to play in our hotel room. My other sister is around my age and has a son who was 5 then...they all playing having a fuckin ball...I'm throwing random kids around on bouncing em off the bed and shit. Lil sister in the corner like "can yall get outa my room" lololololol

My youngest sister was like that last time we were all together. She was like 8 at the time and we were at a family reunion and all our cousins' kids came to play in our hotel room. My other sister is around my age and has a son who was 5 then...they all playing having a fuckin ball...I'm throwing random kids around on bouncing em off the bed and shit. Lil sister in the corner like "can yall get outa my room" lololololol
That’s my son! He gotta be in the mood for people.

Reactions: shutupGabi
Bruh whenever I went to some friend's house with siblings it always looked wack. If youre older you get stuck babysitting and if you're younger you end up being their punching bag / slave. They steal your shit, eat your food, embarrass you in front of the people you crush on, and narc on you to your folks (or blackmail you in exchange for not narcing). Plus, mad friends of mine had to share rooms and their meager Christmas presents seldom gave me any reason to be envious.

Not to mention, that myth about only children being socially inept was found to not be generalizable.

Kandy, tell that boy to appreciate what he's got. If anything the threat of siblings should be used to keep kids in line. Boy gonna appreciate what he's got and act right or be forced to split what he has with a brother/sister. Fr
Yea but when you gotta fight at school ain't nothing like running to a brother or sister to help you fuck em up. Especially if they older??? You put the fear of God in them kids.

*bullied my younger cousins' bullies growing up post*

My son knows, i will fight a kid.
Oh I already told my sister when my nephew get old enough I will catch a flight to stomp a mudhole in anybody that try him. I only been around that boy like 4x but I will knock anybody tf out for him

Yea but when you gotta fight at school ain't nothing like running to a brother or sister to help you fuck em up. Especially if they older??? You put the fear of God in them kids.

*bullied my younger cousins' bullies growing up post*

That's backwards hustling. The cost is too steep. It's like the mafia charging busineses for protection. Sure, you get their help if someone fucks with you, but you're indebted to them and they have no qualms fucking with you if you don't submit