Only Children

Loquacious

Oh yea sure. I can do that. What day again ?
Site President
Jan 19, 2017
Lala Land
My son and I were talking and he brought up siblings by accident. We ended up talking about him being the only child and how I know how it feels to have siblings. He got kinda sad and said he wants that experience and wants a sister and brother. Shit kinda made me sad. I mean his dads gf has a son that’s his age and they tight but he said it ain’t the same. He also has cousins his age that he sees ALL the time. He says it’s not the same. I ain’t tryna have no more kids AT ALL.

Do you think a parent should take into consideration how their child feels about being the only child?

Reactions: AZTG
well im my mothers only child......but dad had others kids.

taking it into consideration.....yes.
but kids dont understand what all goes into the raising of them. not that they should.
but i understand how he feels, let him know that he has mom all to himself.

I must say. I have a new respect for you @Kandy. at least you and your son have these types of talks.
this is something thats missing from our community. innocent conversation about how the child feels.
and the fact thats hes just being a child with child thoughts.

shit just made me smile.

well im my mothers only child......but dad had others kids.

taking it into consideration.....yes.
but kids dont understand what all goes into the raising of them. not that they should.
but i understand how he feels, let him know that he has mom all to himself.

I must say. I have a new respect for you @Kandy. at least you and your son have these types of talks.
this is something thats missing from our community. innocent conversation about how the child feels.
and the fact thats hes just being a child with child thoughts.

shit just made me smile.
Oh yea, all the time. We got a no technology thing we do almost everyday, sometimes multiple times a day, where it’s full blown attention given to each other. I don’t ever want him to think he ain’t got someone to talk to. I take his feelings into consideration all the time. My choices affect him also.

Oh yea, all the time. We got a no technology thing we do almost everyday, sometimes multiple times a day, where it’s full blown attention given to each other. I don’t ever want him to think he ain’t got someone to talk to. I take his feelings into consideration all the time. My choices affect him also.
shit ...you might need to teach a parenting class.
this is one of the main reason kids turn to other people to learn shit from.
Parents having kids but not wanting to take their time with them.
real shit.

its alot of people who dont talk to their kids.
like talk to them talk to them..
they know their kids look nice or they ate and thats it.
not teaching them to have a mind, make decisions, be able to communicate, critically think. alot of our kids have lost or are losing their innocence.

shit just you talking to him, teaches him how to communicate with a woman and not allow any ole skank to talk at him.

i love reading shit like this. keep up the good work.

My son and I were talking and he brought up siblings by accident. We ended up talking about him being the only child and how I know how it feels to have siblings. He got kinda sad and said he wants that experience and wants a sister and brother. Shit kinda made me sad. I mean his dads gf has a son that’s his age and they tight but he said it ain’t the same. He also has cousins his age that he sees ALL the time. He says it’s not the same. I ain’t tryna have no more kids AT ALL.

Do you think a parent should take into consideration how their child feels about being the only child?

Awwww

I had a second child so my son wouldn't be an only child now he bitches at me because it wasn't a boy and he wants a brother lol there is no winning as a parent...Yeah I also make time to talk to my son...the world will brainwash our kids if we don't get there first.

I had a second child so my son wouldn't be an only child now he bitches at me because it wasn't a boy and he wants a brother lol there is no winning as a parent...Yeah I also make time to talk to my son...the world will brainwash our kids if we don't get there first.
sad thing about this post.....

the world will brainwash the adults too

sad thing about this post.....

the world will brainwash the adults too

Very true...they had me brainwashed but I have been reprogramming myself for some time now and I know I'm not the only one...people are waking up these days and that shit is beautiful to see.

Great thread pear

My daughter isn't quite old enough to have those conversations with. She does however call her friend her sister

I'm still unsure if I want another child

My daughter gotban older brother and lil sister. She want me to have more kids tho and in a few years when she like 10 maybe

My wife and I flip flop on a daily basis about having another kid. On one hand we both admit we wanna try for a girl. Then the next day we're like hell naw 1 is enough. I think eventually we will end up having another one in a few years.

Far as my son goes he's not old enough to really voice that he wants another sibling. He does love playing with his cousins and other kids to the point I think he probably will though.

After child #2 thats it!

My wife and I flip flop on a daily basis about having another kid. On one hand we both admit we wanna try for a girl. Then the next day we're like hell naw 1 is enough. I think eventually we will end up having another one in a few years.

Far as my son goes he's not old enough to really voice that he wants another sibling. He does love playing with his cousins and other kids to the point I think he probably will though.

After child #2 thats it!

What if you had another boy?

Happened to my Maa. The fifth was the girl