Welcome To aBlackWeb

Only Children

I was my mom's own kid.

But I was a G.

I had imaginary friends, and I was the leader/founder of every social group we had in the neighborhood.

Even when I was punished all my friends would wander aimlessly around my house till my sentence was up...

I ain't really get close to my older siblings till adulthood. I always knew about them, but we ain't have the chance to really bond till like 2000 when I was 18.

The funny thing was as soon as I got to be around my sister's, all my anger for my father dissipated

My son is a selfish kid though. When I had my niece heavy, he would fight with her and sometimes be jealous. He was also younger too. He’s been alone so long that even when he with his cousins, he branches off for his alone time. They know now to give him his space and stuff too. I told him, little siblings gonna be all up in his mix and his facial expression was funny.

My wife and I flip flop on a daily basis about having another kid. On one hand we both admit we wanna try for a girl. Then the next day we're like hell naw 1 is enough. I think eventually we will end up having another one in a few years.

Far as my son goes he's not old enough to really voice that he wants another sibling. He does love playing with his cousins and other kids to the point I think he probably will though.

After child #2 thats it!
Nigga you married?!

I’m sure I will have to have this talk with my daughter so I look forward to it because I am DONE.

My son an only child...I thought about having another seed but I couldn’t handle another baby moms soooooo yeah...he’s gonna stay an only child

My only concern is making sure he doesn’t grow up with a spoiled, entitled attitude...besides that he’ll be aite

Middle of 11, here.

Only children are weird.
tenor.gif

As an only child (with half siblings I didn't grow up with), i think having only 1 child is hella selfish. I don't think you're a bad person or a bad parent...but if you can have at least 2 you should. If you can't, don't, obviously....

Because when it's time for the kids to start taking care of their parent(s) in their older age that's all the financial, medical, personal, legal etc burden all on that 1 kid. If it's more than 1 it can be split up between more people and kept private.

My son is an only child. And i have a nephew thats a year younger than him thats more like a brother to him than a cousin.

My sons already nine and if we have more kids they are gonna be so far apart in age im not sure how close they will be. Probably wouldnt be close until they are all grown. My wife and i talk about having more just off the strength of him not being alone in the event of our death. I want to at least have one more.

For the majority of my adult life I wanted to have 1 child and thats it. Then a few years ago I had this thought of how selfish that was of me.

Here is my reasoning, though its not perfect and there are cases of it being fucked up, end of the day theres nothing like family. I thought about how if I had 1 kid, one day when his parents die, hes/shes gonna be alone in this world (not counting the family they start)

Once I started thinking like that, I decided that I would have 2 kids so they could be there for eachother after me and their mom pass.

Back