Welcome To aBlackWeb

One nation, under Zion - Official 2021-2022 New Orleans Pelicans Thread

So boys, let’s have a conversation.

Is this a case of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”or is this a cause for concern?

28DCC70B-897F-4331-8699-D6CC539B41FD.png

Is this a case of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”or is this a cause for concern?

View attachment 443165
I'm not concerned about anything outside of the paint.

Shaq dominated the paint. Why weren't people trying to make him a midrange threat?

The nigga gets to the cup and gets fouls. He is a fantastic offensive rebounder as well. He's super crafty at getting to the rim.

What I want to see him work on is his handling of the ball in the paint when the double comes and passing out of the paint when the double comes. Both which are very fixable and coachable.

The paint is the most efficient shot he can take and he's pretty damn good at converting them. If he, within the natural development develops a mid-range, that's icing on the cake.

I remember when niggas was wondering why AD was trying to shoot 3s and questioning it like it was stupid. It was the next natural development of his game that's why, especially within the offense they were trying to run at that time.

Saw a stat this morning, this season, he's like 8/9 in corner 3's. Sometimes, people just need to relax and stop trying to project on players who they think/want them to be.

This what needs to be the focus

Bro I truly don't care about his current offensive numbers because stats doesn't show the full scope of someone game nor can future project it. If we being honest last year in limited minutes and games he was a better scorer which is why I never made that my point.

View attachment 443165
It won't be fixed this off season and it's not a realistic expectation for him to have dramatic improvement. Z will continue to put up his 20/10 games attacking to the left and will hopefully expand his game with proper professionals which is a danger of not happening if trust between Zions Camp and the Pelicans front office never establish Zions best interest. @AP21 and others like myself can only hope Zion becomes a man allow trained professionals to work with him but if not then he won't improve much and may possibly peak too soon.

It won't be fixed this off season and it's not a realistic expectation for him to have dramatic improvement. Z will continue to put up his 20/10 games attacking to the left and will hopefully expand his game with proper professionals which is a danger of not happening if trust between Zions Camp and the Pelicans front office never establish Zions best interest. @AP21 and others like myself can only hope Zion becomes a man allow trained professionals to work with him but if not then he won't improve much and may possibly peak too soon.
I can't speak to who has been training him but I still get the feeling they are kinda treating him with the kids gloves on and not really attacking his conditioning like they want to. To me, if he is the future or part of it, I think it's in their best interest to take some precautions. My hope is that he gets a full clean bill of health then they can really be aggressive with the transformation of his body.

I can't speak to who has been training him but I still get the feeling they are kinda treating him with the kids gloves on and not really attacking his conditioning like they want to. To me, if he is the future or part of it, I think it's in their best interest to take some precautions. My hope is that he gets a full clean bill of health then they can really be aggressive with the transformation of his body.
Fair point bro.

Lol

Not from you, but trying to see if Dwayne gonna finally see what I and many others have been saying.

Who said he’s perfect. He’s still a young player.

Bledsoe needs to go. Him and ball ain’t working and I rather have ball and see what can happen with him them a bum ass Bledsoe.

We have no coaching no direction and it’s showing with our young players

Who said he’s perfect. He’s still a young player.

Bledsoe needs to go. Him and ball ain’t working and I rather have ball and see what can happen with him them a bum ass Bledsoe.

We have no coaching no direction and it’s showing with our young players
No one says he's perfect so let's stop right there.

But you keep excusing his shortcomings hoping he'll get better instead of acknowledging that they are holding him and the team back.

They definitely have a direction but it's ok to say you don't know what that direction is or you think they should be doing something else.

You said the team didn't have a direction with Gentry, which I also disagreed with but here you are again citing lack of direction for the teams unfortunate bad start.

Lonzos inability to be a driving threat is part of the teams struggle in the half court sets. This isn't an opinion.

Back