Welcome To aBlackWeb

One nation, under Zion - Official 2021-2022 New Orleans Pelicans Thread

Bledsoe and Adams had their pressers today

again, like the SVG presser...checks all the boxes for me

really excited to see how these two impact the roster this year
Its so weird, Bledsoe had a bad playoffs and all of a sudden the masses think he is a bad player. Dude is still solid and pairs perfectly with Lonzo imo. As for Adams, i have seen your argument in favor of his acquisition, but i am not a fan, don't like the spacing. But it not a big deal, dude is a pro and will give his best.

I really think u guys will be a playoff team this season as long as Zion stays healthy.

Its so weird, Bledsoe had a bad playoffs and all of a sudden the masses think he is a bad player. Dude is still solid and pairs perfectly with Lonzo imo. As for Adams, i have seen your argument in favor of his acquisition, but i am not a fan, don't like the spacing. But it not a big deal, dude is a pro and will give his best.

I really think u guys will be a playoff team this season as long as Zion stays healthy.
yea i get what you saying to an extent

but i think that the "pace and space" has just become a buzzword to say these days. Not saying that's how you view it, but i've been reading some interesting things about how the new look pelicans will address the supposed "lack of space"

if everyone agrees that basically the pelicans acquisitions of Bledsoe and Adams are just repackaged-ish versions of Jrue/Favors. The Pelicans ranked i think 3rd in 3pta and 7th in efficiency or something...dont quote me, but why do people assume that all of a sudden that's going to stop happening?

I agree with some of the analysis that i've been reading that b/c you have someone like Adams, who isnt as cement shoed as Favors, you can still create spacing along the perimeter to create more driving lanes to the holes, collapse the defense and make the defense have to decide if they are going to defend the roller, the ball handler coming off the screen or the shooter standing waiting for the kick out.

It's not going to be the have a stretch big that can step out to shoot 3s to draw defenders from the basket spacing, but that should be ok...idk man. I'm just not as negative on Adams like most people are just because he doesnt shoot 3s. Hell Favors didnt shoot 3s yet i didnt see a single critique of the team that the pelicans had spacing issues. Why are these becoming critiques now?

but you touched on something that was also interesing Toh...

Bledsoe's playoff struggles imo can somewhat be attributed to Giannis struggling as well b/c now you are forcing him to stop doing what made him a good player during the regular season. You've stopped all your movement just for them to stand around and wait for Giannis to take a bad shot late in the clock or pass it also causing a bad shot late in the clock.

yea i get what you saying to an extent

but i think that the "pace and space" has just become a buzzword to say these days. Not saying that's how you view it, but i've been reading some interesting things about how the new look pelicans will address the supposed "lack of space"

if everyone agrees that basically the pelicans acquisitions of Bledsoe and Adams are just repackaged-ish versions of Jrue/Favors. The Pelicans ranked i think 3rd in 3pta and 7th in efficiency or something...dont quote me, but why do people assume that all of a sudden that's going to stop happening?

I agree with some of the analysis that i've been reading that b/c you have someone like Adams, who isnt as cement shoed as Favors, you can still create spacing along the perimeter to create more driving lanes to the holes, collapse the defense and make the defense have to decide if they are going to defend the roller, the ball handler coming off the screen or the shooter standing waiting for the kick out.

It's not going to be the have a stretch big that can step out to shoot 3s to draw defenders from the basket spacing, but that should be ok...idk man. I'm just not as negative on Adams like most people are just because he doesnt shoot 3s. Hell Favors didnt shoot 3s yet i didnt see a single critique of the team that the pelicans had spacing issues. Why are these becoming critiques now?
I think most people’s legit problem (not the trolls) is the fact that u guys should be building a situation the compliments Zion’s game and to a little extent SVG’s system. I just don’t feel getting Adams and extending him does that.

But I am not going to sit here and claim I have watched a ton of Adams footage. Maybe there is more to his game and this works out perfectly. I really do hope I am wrong.

Also, how often did Zion and Favors even play together? I don’t remember it been that much.

I think most people’s legit problem (not the trolls) is the fact that u guys should be building a situation the compliments Zion’s game and to a little extent SVG’s system. I just don’t feel getting Adams and extending him does that.

But I am not going to sit here and claim I have watched a ton of Adams footage. Maybe there is more to his game and this works out perfectly. I really do hope I am wrong.

Also, how often did Zion and Favors even play together? I don’t remember it been that much.
they played a lot of minutes together when they were both healthy...but most of my analysis is eye test shit. I think it helps to have more organic back and forth exchanges b/c if you try hard enough, you can make numbers say anything to support your position

I say that to say, the minutes they played together was enough of a sample size to say what the effects on the team were during those stretches

one of the biggest things SVG said is that Zion wont be on the block as often he was last season. This i think helps him b/c you want to utilize his ball handling and passing ability that he was highly praised for coming out of Duke. Kinda hard to do that backing down in the post every possession down court, but opening up his vision lanes so he can anticipate where teammates will be is a plus imo.

I've been trying to watch a lot of Adams clips and while B__a was trying to clown about him being a hard screener, his ability to do that will do wonder for whoever is the benefactor of them. Idk why people all of a sudden thinks he just gonna be some goof clogging up the paint. His presence will also help on both ends of the floor when it comes to rebounding. Too many people focusing on his limitations on offense and not the shit he actually is good at.

Been really excited about the media days

SVG first practice was all about defense.

I haven't seen BI smile this much since draft day.

Been really excited about the media days

SVG first practice was all about defense.

I haven't seen BI smile this much since draft day.
BI has so much defensive potential, he just chose not to use it the last 2 years. Zion was awesome defensively in college, but has been lazy in the league.

Btw Lonzo, Bledsoe, BI, Zion and even Adams, that 5 have the potential to be one of the best defensive units in the League, which in turn opens your transition game that is already Lethal.

BI has so much defensive potential, he just chose not to use it the last 2 years. Zion was awesome defensively in college, but has been lazy in the league.

Btw Lonzo, Bledsoe, BI, Zion and even Adams, that 5 have the potential to be one of the best defensive units in the League, which in turn opens your transition game that is already Lethal.
i also think the spacing had something to do with Zion's struggles in the league on defense. You dont just forget how to play but then again, he was literally a man among boys so maybe the physicality of it played a role as well.

I missed the game last night. What stood out the most boys?
Defense

Specifically BI. He was in passing lanes with deflections, he was harassing the throw in... He was super engaged.

I liked Adams. I saw a stat this morning. Zion missed 5fg. Adams OF rebounded one, Zion two. They ran a couple of pnr with Zion and Adams as well that looked pretty good too.

I liked Zion at the elbow and the wing. A few times he drove, the defense collapsed and he passed to the open man. He got a couple of assists off this.

They were talking on defense, gang rebounding, boxing out. I was very pleased with the effort overall. I really hope NAW can be a legit option off the bench. Now that he's not behind Jackson, he should be one of the first guards off the bench for minutes.

7th seed is attainable for this team.

BI take the next step and we def getting to the playoffs.

Our perimeter defense should be elite this year. Adams rebounding will be huge for Zion. Because he good at getting the ball out to our guards so our transition offense should be elite as well.

Zo needs to improve that 3 ball a lil bit more because we gon need that shooting because right now Riddick is really our only consistent shooter right now

Back