Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Former WWE creative team member Kevin Eck was recently a guest on The Wade Keller Pro Wrestling Podcast, and during the podcast, Eck spoke about Vince McMahon’s memory lapses during creative meetings. Here is is a quote (via Wrestlezone):

“As Vince has gotten older I think he has become more forgetful with things and there were a lot of instances where he had to be reminded. He would just flat-out ask, ‘What did we do on RAW last week with this guy? What did we do?’ He would need to be caught up to speed. Granted, he was in his late 60s/early 70s at that point and responsible for a lot of programming and seen a lot of angles over the years and seen a lot of TV shows.

One of the funniest things I recall is Vince one time in a booking meeting…it was Brock Lesnar against somebody and Vince was trying to think of what the finish could be and he literally says this in a booking meeting. He said, ‘What’s Brock’s finish again?’ It wasn’t a joke. There was kind of a pause and somebody spoke up and said, ‘The F-5.’ Then it suddenly dawned on Vince that he had taken that move not too long before that and hurt his hip and made a joke about it, ‘Oh that’s right, my hip didn’t like that movie very much.’ He could not remember the F-5.”

Former WWE creative team member Kevin Eck was recently a guest on The Wade Keller Pro Wrestling Podcast, and during the podcast, Eck spoke about Vince McMahon’s memory lapses during creative meetings. Here is is a quote (via Wrestlezone):

“As Vince has gotten older I think he has become more forgetful with things and there were a lot of instances where he had to be reminded. He would just flat-out ask, ‘What did we do on RAW last week with this guy? What did we do?’ He would need to be caught up to speed. Granted, he was in his late 60s/early 70s at that point and responsible for a lot of programming and seen a lot of angles over the years and seen a lot of TV shows.

One of the funniest things I recall is Vince one time in a booking meeting…it was Brock Lesnar against somebody and Vince was trying to think of what the finish could be and he literally says this in a booking meeting. He said, ‘What’s Brock’s finish again?’ It wasn’t a joke. There was kind of a pause and somebody spoke up and said, ‘The F-5.’ Then it suddenly dawned on Vince that he had taken that move not too long before that and hurt his hip and made a joke about it, ‘Oh that’s right, my hip didn’t like that movie very much.’ He could not remember the F-5.”

to be fair to vince, nothing memorable happens on raw anyway

More details have surfaced regarding the injury that Shinsuke Nakamura sustained.

As we noted earlier on the site, Nakamura was set to challenge Jeff Hardy for the United States Title in Ontario, CA at the Citizens Business Bank Arena for this week’s episode of SmackDown Live. However, Nakamura was pulled after WWE had announced that he suffered an injury on Monday.

In an update, both Pwinsider.com and Dave Meltzer have been able to confirm that Nakamura was pulled from the show after an incident where he was bitten by a dog. Thus, WWE would not clear him to perform in the ring.

So here’s the situation. Before Monday’s live event Bakersfield, CA, local police brought in a dog to sniff around the building as part of a security check. As the dog passed by Nakamura, the dog sniffed Nakamura and then proceeded to bite Nakamura on the leg.

The sports entertainment company has yet to clear him for in-ring action but Nakamura was backstage at Tuesday’s SmackDown TV event. It was noted that his leg is still very sore from the incident.

More details have surfaced regarding the injury that Shinsuke Nakamura sustained.

As we noted earlier on the site, Nakamura was set to challenge Jeff Hardy for the United States Title in Ontario, CA at the Citizens Business Bank Arena for this week’s episode of SmackDown Live. However, Nakamura was pulled after WWE had announced that he suffered an injury on Monday.

In an update, both Pwinsider.com and Dave Meltzer have been able to confirm that Nakamura was pulled from the show after an incident where he was bitten by a dog. Thus, WWE would not clear him to perform in the ring.

So here’s the situation. Before Monday’s live event Bakersfield, CA, local police brought in a dog to sniff around the building as part of a security check. As the dog passed by Nakamura, the dog sniffed Nakamura and then proceeded to bite Nakamura on the leg.

The sports entertainment company has yet to clear him for in-ring action but Nakamura was backstage at Tuesday’s SmackDown TV event. It was noted that his leg is still very sore from the incident.
Even Tha dog don't believe in nakamura

dog could sense danger.......

78bde94e-3380-11e6-b997-a8e2995ff455_1280x720.jpg

WWE universal champion Brock Lesnar reportedly won't take part in SummerSlam 2018 on Aug. 19 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

"I'm hearing that Brock isn't working SummerSlam," Mike Johnson of PWInsider Elite reported (via Wrestle Zone's Michael McClead). "We may not see him again until later in the year, which is madness if you think about the belt."

There have been conflicting reports regarding Brock Lesnar's status with WWE including ones that claim Lesnar isn't going to be working the Summerslam PPV. Brad Shepard of BodySlam.net cleared up Lesnar's status with the following post:

Vince McMahon did NOT decide to keep Brock Lesnar off of SummerSlam. That is not only speculatory, but false.

— (@TheBradShepard) June 29, 2018

Bryan Alvarez of F4WOnline.com recently commented on why WWE would consider keeping Lesnar off the Summerslam PPV. Here is what Alvarez said courtesy of RingsideNews.com:

“So the situation is this. Vince — this is the last that I heard things can change like they changed with the multi-person match. Vince wants Roman Reigns to get cheered. It’s not happening. They tried the deal at WrestleMania where they did the storyline where Brock is never there and Roman Reigns is very very upset about it and he’s always there and Brock is never there. As I said at the time what this is going to do is get Brock Lesnar booed, it doesn’t mean Roman Reigns will get cheered. They turned on the match, I was in the building. They were throwing beach balls they were chanting ‘Nicholas’ they’re chanting for CM Punk and everyone under the sun and they’re not paying attention.”

“Now they’ve got SummerSlam in Brooklyn. I’m saying there’s no chance. I’m not even saying there’s a 1% chance. There is 0% chance Roman Reigns is going to get cheered there. So it is possible that Vince McMahon decided there’s no chance Roman Reigns will get cheered here so let’s not do Lesnar at SummerSlam.”

There have been conflicting reports regarding Brock Lesnar's status with WWE including ones that claim Lesnar isn't going to be working the Summerslam PPV. Brad Shepard of BodySlam.net cleared up Lesnar's status with the following post:

Vince McMahon did NOT decide to keep Brock Lesnar off of SummerSlam. That is not only speculatory, but false.

Bryan Alvarez of F4WOnline.com recently commented on why WWE would consider keeping Lesnar off the Summerslam PPV. Here is what Alvarez said courtesy of RingsideNews.com:

“So the situation is this. Vince — this is the last that I heard things can change like they changed with the multi-person match. Vince wants Roman Reigns to get cheered. It’s not happening. They tried the deal at WrestleMania where they did the storyline where Brock is never there and Roman Reigns is very very upset about it and he’s always there and Brock is never there. As I said at the time what this is going to do is get Brock Lesnar booed, it doesn’t mean Roman Reigns will get cheered. They turned on the match, I was in the building. They were throwing beach balls they were chanting ‘Nicholas’ they’re chanting for CM Punk and everyone under the sun and they’re not paying attention.”

“Now they’ve got SummerSlam in Brooklyn. I’m saying there’s no chance. I’m not even saying there’s a 1% chance. There is 0% chance Roman Reigns is going to get cheered there. So it is possible that Vince McMahon decided there’s no chance Roman Reigns will get cheered here so let’s not do Lesnar at SummerSlam.”

i remember when the universal title was revealed and fans HATED how it looked.
well now they don’t get to see it anymore

Or here's an idea, let someone other than Roman get the SummerSlam match. Roman will never get cheers so stop wasting everyone's time on that dude

Back