Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

ROH is selling their library from 2012 to now. If ROH does come back it will be a true indie style promotion with nobody in a deal.

I heard they asking for a huge amount of money, I think double then what it's worth. Would be interesting to see if Tony has any interest since half his roster is now former ROH guys.

I can see them adding ROH matches on the network for guys like KO (if he resigns), AJ Styles, Roderick Strong, Sami Zayn, etc

I can see them adding ROH matches on the network for guys like KO (if he resigns), AJ Styles, Roderick Strong, Sami Zayn, etc
Yeah I def think it make sense for them but more so in 2014. I don't see AJ, Roddy, and KO with the company in a few years so idk if it's worth grabbing if they are at the end of the road here. With the WWE Network for sure but peacock they probably not looking at adding indie content the same anymore but who knows.

Actually now that I think about it none of those guys you named were in ROH in 2014 or later so there isn't any footage for sale of those guys you named maybe beside a few Roddy matches. The footage they are selling is only 2014-2021. Apparently the years before 2014 are tied to a few people that's why it's not for sale. This the Dalton Castle, vet Jay Lethal and Marty Scurll years.

Greatest wrestling company as a whole outside WWE and NJPW. I remember a point where I couldn't enjoy the WWE product as much because ROH just had premium wrestling matches in the abundance with the best guys on the indies. ROH will always go down in the books as one of the best wrestling products ever even if the last 4 years were ehh.

A few Ring of Honor notes to clarify some confusion:

CONTRACTS:
*No talents have been released from their contracts yet. Those who have deals running through the end of the year are under contract until that point and will be paid their full salary through 12/31.

*Those with deals running into 2022 will remain under contract until March or April, receiving their full salary until the point they will receive a release.

*All talents who wish to do so have been given permission to go work independent dates immediately if they don't conflict with November's TV tapings and the 12/11 Final Battle PPV. Obviously, every wrestler wants to wrestle, so they are all going to do that to make as much cash as they can. To a person, they all realize they are hitting a crowded open market and are doing what they can to be ahead of the game in the race for bookings.

TAPE LIBRARY:
*I am not sure where this started but Sinclair Broadcast Group purchased the rights to whatever the 2002-2011 ROH tape library contained when they bought the company from Cary Silkin. We have gotten some emails about whether they actually owned the content prior to 2011, but considering they have utilized it many times for compilation DVDs and YouTube, they obviously have the rights. If they didn't, Cary Silkin could have made himself a mint selling it off to WWE or even AEW and that hasn't happened.

*In regard to potential sale of the library, Joe Koff stated in our interview this past Wednesday that there are no conversations and no interest in selling the library. We have heard stories of different discussions in the past, but that doesn't mean it's currently talking place. Of course, things can always change tomorrow, but if we are going to take Koff at his word, there's no current sale discussions right now..

THE FUTURE:
We are told by numerous Ring of Honor talents that on the Zoom call this week, numerous talents called upon Joe Koff to tell them that the promotion was over if it was actually closing. During the call, Koff repeatedly told them that the company would continue on and resume live events in April.
The complete roster is booked for the November TV tapings per usual.
*There had been plans to bring in several GCW talents to wrestle The Briscoes at the TV tapings in Baltimore as a way to extend the storyline where the Briscoes won the GCW Tag Team titles but there is no word whether that is still happening.

*Tickets for the Final Battle PPV, which will be the last event for this incarnation of Ring of Honor, will go on sale for the public on Friday 11/5 at 10 AM EST on Ticketmaster.com. Tickets are already on sale for Honor Club subscribers.

Back