Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple talents who were on today's Ring of Honor Zoom call that they were informed that if their contracts were expiring at the end of the year, they will not be renewed. At that point, they will be free to go work elsewhere.

Talents who have deals beyond 1/1/22 will remain under contract for at least a certain period of time.

Ring of Honor is still slated to tape episodes of their weekly TV series this weekend in Baltimore and the 12/11 Final Battle PPV is still on. That PPV will very much an end-point chapter in Ring of Honor as whatever form the promotion takes going forward will be a very different animal.

We are also told that the promotion does have a venue currently locked in for Wrestlemania weekend 2022 in Dallas, Texas, which would be the announced Supercard of Honor.

Ring of Honor's weekly TV series will continue on during this announced "hiatus", using a mix of archival footage and more.

If my contact up at years end just send me home for the rest of the year, I'm not risking getting hurt for tv tapings of a company I'm leaving

they should all go over to IMPACT! and try to keep that shit from sinking any further if we being real

im surprised ROH got outlasted by IMPACT! tbh

From what I heard on Busted Open...the mofos runnin ROH wasn't even tryin to make any attempts to get more exposure. Which is fucc'd up but now is the perfect time to get exposure on pro wrestling.

PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple talents who were on today's Ring of Honor Zoom call that they were informed that if their contracts were expiring at the end of the year, they will not be renewed. At that point, they will be free to go work elsewhere.

Talents who have deals beyond 1/1/22 will remain under contract for at least a certain period of time.

Ring of Honor is still slated to tape episodes of their weekly TV series this weekend in Baltimore and the 12/11 Final Battle PPV is still on. That PPV will very much an end-point chapter in Ring of Honor as whatever form the promotion takes going forward will be a very different animal.

We are also told that the promotion does have a venue currently locked in for Wrestlemania weekend 2022 in Dallas, Texas, which would be the announced Supercard of Honor.

Ring of Honor's weekly TV series will continue on during this announced "hiatus", using a mix of archival footage and more.
SMH. This is a dark day for the wrestling industry. Many established names across AEW and WWE have previously acknowledged that if it wasn't for ROH there more than likely wouldn't have been an NXT or an AEW. It's arguably been the most important professional wrestling promotion of the last 20 years.

One less place for people to make money benefits anybody but the fact that it's a company with the history of ROH makes me concerned about how many others may be close to that wire.

From what I heard on Busted Open...the mofos runnin ROH wasn't even tryin to make any attempts to get more exposure. Which is fucc'd up but now is the perfect time to get exposure on pro wrestling.
Sinclair who owns ROH just wants cheap programming…

Last edited:
they should all go over to IMPACT! and try to keep that shit from sinking any further if we being real

Well this is a roundabout effect from WWE hoarding talent for all of those years just so they wouldn't go anywhere. NXT's whole purpose was to kill the indies. ROH didn't help either. They lost their identity and depended on NJPW too much thus not building their own stars. ROH has been the most stagnant promotion in wrestling for a while now.

HOW Impact is owned by guy who’s a multi millionaire who actually likes wrestling.. ROH since they be sold to Sinclair has never be truly invested in wrestling…

IMPACT will fall too. Nothing about that company is growing to gaining a buzz from a business standpoint. These guys will just be there to get a free world title run there and be gone in a year like everybody has done in IMPACT in the past decade. Shit don't even be meaning anything. It might as well just be a YouTube show..

If we was talking 10 years ago sure why not but IMPACT is a declining soon to be dead company. AEW and them just ended their open door relationship with Bound 4 Glory so it's only going to be worse for them from here.

Best scenario is to help Corgan get NWA back rolling, grind it out in New Japan, or hope WWE or AEW ready to throw offers.

Gat damn.. how long he had the infection b4 he went to see his doc??

B/c I had an mrsa infection on my stomach and got treated fine wit no problems. Well...the shyt is terrible to experience. I will say that. A lot of discomfort and some pain.

Shyt had my stomach swoll the fucu'd up. Wit my infection...it Felt like I had hard plates in my stomach. You can literally feel them. I had to go to the doc for 3wks to have him dress my wound, and actually push all that shyt out thru the incision he made. Inject the antibiotic in the wound. Then pack it.

Not...fun...at...all.

Last edited:
What talent from ROH would y’all wanna see in WWE/AEW/Impact?

Jay Briscoe
Jay Lethal
Dalton Castle (so much crossover and media this dude can do), Briscoes, Lethal, Jonathan Gresham ( I see Bryan Danielson appeal here), PCO, Shane Taylor ( if Keith Lee cant get over as a singles id love a PBK run), Sylas Young

Back