Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

The word making the rounds internally is that WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart will be appearing in a segment related to GUNTHER on Raw. We'll see whether that changes.

You can add former WWE Champion Sheamus to the list of talents working out a new long-term contract with WWE, PWInsiderElite.com can confirm. We are told that it is very close to being done or was just completed, but internally, it's being looked at as Sheamus is set to be with the company for at least another 3-5 years.

We are told the vast majority of the interviews for the Vince McMahon Netflix documentary were done before he resigned initially from the company. The scandals that led to his exit will be touched upon, specifically in the later episodes. All six one hour episodes will be released the same day, Wednesday 9/25. In asking around, we are told that neither WWE or McMahon had the power of final cut, meaning they could not control the final version that will be released.

The Barry Horowitz memoir has been pushed back to its original November release date.

Shortly after news broke that Kelly and the Tates had filed suit against AEW, in part to challenge the classification of wrestlers as independent contractors, Jim Ross noted on his podcast that he finds such lawsuits to be “frivolous.”

New responded to JR’s comments on House of Kayfabe, saying:

JR, Jim Ross, called this a frivolous lawsuit. Well, let me tell you something, this is not a frivolous lawsuit. You’re part of the problem. You, Jim Ross, are part of the problem because you fed the guys in WWE – as Talent Relations – these crap contracts for a quarter of a century. You told these guys that it was a take it or leave it deal and they needed to sign these crap contracts, that were contracts of adhesion that they should have never signed.”

“I’m not shocked in the least that you go on Conrad Thompson’s podcast and say this is a frivolous lawsuit. I might lose but by god, it’s not frivolous.”

“Tony Khan has paid Jim Ross a lot of money to do nothing for about five years now,” New continued. “So, if I were Jim Ross and I were living at Jacksonville Beach and making a bunch of money to not do much at all, I’d probably come out and call Stephen P. New’s lawsuit frivolous also. Everybody’s got a price.”

Back