Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

All-time great wrestler "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton of The Midnight Express has been hospitalized since last Friday with cardiac issues. Eaton woke up that morning with his legs and other parts of his body swollen, so he went to the emergency room and has been hospitalized since then.

Eaton's long-time friend Jim Cornette took to Twitter to correct reports Eaton had suffered a heart attack, noting instead that congestive heart failure led to fluid buildup in Eaton's chest, legs and other parts of the body, forcing Eaton's heart to have to pump harder to make up the difference.

Eaton is being treated with new medications and diuretics. Cornette noted that Eaton's heart rate is down and that his Pacemaker is working fine and that the situation is improving.

Eaton, 60 years old, is considered one of the best tag team wrestlers of all time, having appearing in all incarnations of The Midnight Express as well as The Dangerous Alliance over the course of his career in Memphis, World Class, Mid-South, Jim Crockett Promotions and World Championship Wrestling, among other promotions.

I had been waiting on a dirtsheet to announce that the Bellas would be returning to go for the tag titles, It makes sense but damn

As PWInsider.com noted earlier, WWE filmed a 24/7 title change at Drake Maverick's wedding, with R-Truth sneaking into the wedding and rolling up Maverick just seconds after he married former Mae Young Classic competitor Renee Michelle. We are told this was an idea Maverick pitched to the company that WWE loved.

The actual title change was filmed after the official nuptials had taken place, with WWE NXT writer Joseph Belcastro stepping in to play the pastor for the WWE material.

Braun Strowman, EC3, Jeremy Borash and former Impact Wrestling star Cheerleader Melissa (aka Alyssa Flash) were legitimately part of the Maverick/Michelle wedding party.

Other wrestling personalities in attendance at the ceremony including TJ Wilson, Natalya Neidhart, former LAX member Diamante and Impact star Kiera Hogan.

We are told there was some additional material filmed after the title change, but there's no word whether it will be utilized yet.

Our congratulations, obviously, to Drake Maverick and Renee Michelle!

I would actually pay for that scene lol
tenor.gif

i watched that shit earlier it was funny as hell

ima find the vid and drop it.

Drake Maverick wife bad as hell too

That’s cool that he pitched the idea and they loved it. You don’t normally hear of guys w such a low status get ideas accepted. I think that he will do well in creative when he’s done in the ring.

That’s cool that he pitched the idea and they loved it. You don’t normally hear of guys w such a low status get ideas accepted. I think that he will do well in creative when he’s done in the ring.

Everything that hes doing is stuff that hes pitched himself. I was looking forward to him finally getting the strap. Since he a lil dude maybe he'll remake some of those old crash holly moments + some new ones

And speaking of people pitching their ideas

word is they now encouraging talent to pitch ideas to em, so theres a chance we might see some people finally getting to use ideas that they had proposed before

And speaking of people pitching their ideas

word is they now encouraging talent to pitch ideas to em, so theres a chance we might see some people finally getting to use ideas that they had proposed before
I literally just read an article that vince shuts down everything the wrestlers try and give to him lol which makes sense and not suprising at all, the drake shit maybe an exception cause that 24/7 supposed to wild like that anyway so its prob whatever with storyline, but if youve heard john moxleys interview wit jericho he was saying the same shit, they didnt fuck wit none of his ideas and a big reason why he was out

I literally just read an article that vince shuts down everything the wrestlers try and give to him lol which makes sense and not suprising at all, the drake shit maybe an exception cause that 24/7 supposed to wild like that anyway so its prob whatever with storyline, but if youve heard john moxleys interview wit jericho he was saying the same shit, they didnt fuck wit none of his ideas and a big reason why he was out

yea, i think thats why they trying to let people pitch their own shit now cause of that podcast w/ Moxley.

I read an interview where Dolph said hes been coming up w/ his most recent shit on his own too, so you can only hope we'll get more dope angles & gimmicks

I was listening to a YouTube podcast earlier this week and they said they wouldn't put it past him to come up w this idea...that he actually comes up w great ideas all the time..

Yea, he was good on Impact! back whenever they had him too. I think he was the one behind a lot of their better angles whenever he was there. Especially the EC3 shit. Thats why they so tight

Back