Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

tenor.gif

We noted before how WWE United States Champion Samoa Joe would likely be moving to the RAW roster now that WWE Intercontinental Champion Finn Balor went to SmackDown in the Superstar Shakeup. Joe was backstage at Monday’s RAW but he was reportedly very sick, so bad that his segment was removed from the show.

In an update, Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that Joe will be going to the red brand as that was the plan on Monday. The roster change was going to be announced on RAW, but should be announced later this week.

Joe is currently scheduled to feud with Braun Strowman for the title. Their feud began on SmackDown last week to build to the Superstar Shakeup. That feud would have continued this week if it weren’t for Joe getting sick.

According to The Wrap reporter Tony Maglio, All Elite Wrestling’s upcoming television deal will be a time buy. That means Time Warner isn’t paying the company to air their programming and instead AEW is paying to be on the station. This is due to AEW needing the spotlight more than Turner needing wrestling programming.

“My understanding based on the people I’ve spoken to is that it would be more AEW paying for its time on TNT than Turner paying AEW for its show,” said Maglio to 411Mania via their 411 Wrestling Interview Podcast. Another very good wrestling reporter and I had been talking about whether that would be the case or whether it would be a revenue share, and we’d both heard rumblings and talked to people. Maybe a couple of months ago it might have been a little bit of a different story. But the truth is, when you’re talking to Turner, [they’re] a very well-established, very well-off company inside of gigantic parent company … it’s not the UFC. It’s not WWE, it’s not MLB. They have MLB, they have NBA. They know what they have to pay for. And I think currently, AEW has way more to prove than Turner has in terms of trying to get them to come to their networks. I think AEW needs this deal more than Turner does.”

Read more at https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezo...gs-tnt-deal-is-a-time-buy#EEfm2DxVEfSYSKT1.99

Was listening to Busted Open on the way to work, and they had former WWE ref Earl Hebner...the ref of the Montreal Screw Job.

The spoke to him after the doc about the MSJ aired on Vice last nite. Man. Vince did bruh dirty. Pretty much put him b/t a rock & a hard place. Shyt still effects him til this day. It was great interview b/c he provided a LOT of insight about how that all went down. Plus the consequences he suffered b/c of that. Yall should go check it out.

Back