Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Neither company needed em but hopefully they use him. He's only 30 so he's still got time to go to WWE if he wants to and can stay healthy. I thought he would of signed for like 5 years w/ AEW.

Also yall can chill out saying niggas not gone be used right if they go to WWE because the big bad Wolf is gone! If Trips bringing em in then he gone use em. The only people off tv right now are Vince projects

He will be equally wasted in AEW because they don't build anything. He will essentially continue doing exhibition matches except in America instead of Japan. I wanted him in WWE to see if he could do more; could he carry an angle, carry a brand, expand or alter his personality. WWE, while theater, brings a level of depth to pro wrestling that can be lacking in most other promotions. Ospreay has done a million matches, but can he create a legend beyond what his body can endure?

AEW doesn't even try to have that depth so we won't find out anytime soon. This is Kenny Omega all over again. No personality, no one to point it out.

Oh boy…

This is what I mean when I say that people be regurgitating things..

AEW does build. They’ve been working storylines for months. But that’s one of the first things people say as a knock on aew. It’s not true. I can give multiple examples from the last year of build and storyline shit.

I dunno what got yall believing that wwe is anything beyond some kid friendly zoom in zoom out nonsense. The bloodline musta really connected with yalls brains lol. WWE been corny.

Oh boy…

AEW does build. They’ve been working storylines for months. But that’s one of the first things people say as a knock on aew. It’s not true. I can give multiple examples from the last year of build and storyline shit.

I dunno what got yall believing that wwe is anything beyond some kid friendly zoom in zoom out nonsense. The bloodline musta really connected with yalls brains lol. WWE been corny.

I say all this to say…why would anyone with an edge go to WWE?

To be softened up?

To be watered down?

Don’t matter if triple H is in charge or not, some talent don’t fit what that product is doing. Ospreay woulda been wasted.

I’m tryna see Ospreay vs Swerve for the title in 2024.

Oh boy…

to-you.gif

they batting at 1000 right now though, so they gotta be doing something right...

whereas the other show

chris-brown-hmm.gif

I dont know.. just seem like they been having a tough time recovering since they lost Phil..

I've only seen Ospreay vs Omega so it's not like I was checking for him like that. From the way y'all talk about him he's a big fish who's just leaving a small pond for another small pond

Oh boy…

i don't think niggas even remember they did the 'four young pillars of AEW' fatal four way match this year to try to and sell the guys people have seen as up and comers these last few years lol

Also yall can chill out saying niggas not gone be used right if they go to WWE because the big bad Wolf is gone! If Trips bringing em in then he gone use em. The only people off tv right now are Vince projects
Its just the WWE product overall. My girl said it one time that stuck with me, when watching WWE compared to other promotions it can feel like a clean family/kid show which ofcourse is their target. Whe she sees NJPW or AEW shows it feels more like its meant for an adult audience so it resonates more.

Hopefully Hunter can change that up a bit like he handled NXT Blk and Gold. WWE is doing good right now financially i just want a little more edge to it and not the typical matches they do.

Last edited:
Its just the WWE product overall. My girl said it one time that stuck with me, when watching WWE compared to other promotions it can feel like a clean family/kid show which ofcourse is their target. Whe she sees NJPW or AEW shows it feels more like its meant for an adult audience so it resonates more.

Hopefully Hunter can change that up a bit like he handled NXT Blk and Gold. WWE is doing good right now financially i just want a little more edge to it and not the typical matches they do.

This is understandable. Hopefully they spice things up a lil bit with the merger being done but idk. RAW was rumored to be getting edgier earlier this year due to a USA request but nothing ever happened with it and now they leaving USA so who knows

I dont think they going back to doing a lot of blood and shit tho because of those sponsors but who knows.. that merger could change some things.

This is understandable. Hopefully they spice things up a lil bit with the merger being done but idk. RAW was rumored to be getting edgier earlier this year due to a USA request but nothing ever happened with it and now they leaving USA so who knows

I dont think they going back to doing a lot of blood and shit tho because of those sponsors but who knows.. that merger could change some things.
I do have hope with Endeavor taking over they may change that a bit for the good. I also have hope Hunter will improve on that as well.

Truthfully HHH has been slowly working a more “adult” style to the main roster audience and it’s been working. He will give you the typical WWE stuff while sprinkling in work rate / Black & Gold style stuff that’s been getting over with the audience. Having guys like Gunther, Chad, Ivar, Dragon Lee to name a few has been helping change the product.

I think ppl just saw what happened to a lot of guys under the previous regime and are holding WWE to that which is fair I guess. But wit Vince gone for good it’s becoming clear we’re seeing a shift in the product. It’s not gonna be full blown black & gold or AEW-like but it’ll be mix that gives a bit of everything to everyone. That being said HHH & Regal were hawking Ospreay forever I think they would have done right by him. His in-ring style being a bit watered down would only prolong his wrestling life span. But I understand signing with AEW. And at the moment AEW needs him more

I couldn’t have said it any better.

Watching WWE feels like going to the circus; good wholesome fun that the entire family can enjoy. That has its place but it’s not for me any more.

I couldn’t have said it any better.

Watching WWE feels like going to the circus; good wholesome fun that the entire family can enjoy. That has its place but it’s not for me any more.

I like both companies. But you can clearly see the difference in who they're mostly catering to. Which is why i don't really compare the two companies.

But WWE is slowly but surely gettin better now that HHH is in charge.

Yea, it's cool if niggas not a fan of what WWE is doing but you shouldn't be surprised or offended if niggas don't fuck w/ AEW the way that some of yall do. Its just a matter of preference... I like an edgier product too but it's about more than that for me.. I really ain't a fan of yalls boy TK and his booking.

Swerve had a hell of a match last night, MOTY candidate for sure but this is usually where the snowman fucks up and kills all momentum... but let's see what happens next.

Yea, it's cool if niggas not a fan of what WWE is doing but you shouldn't be surprised or offended if niggas don't fuck w/ AEW the way that some of yall do. Its just a matter of preference... I like an edgier product too but it's about more than that for me.. I really ain't a fan of yalls boy TK and his booking.

Swerve had a hell of a match last night, MOTY candidate for sure but this is usually where the snowman fucks up and kills all momentum... but let's see what happens next.

And lemme be clear, i do watch wwe from time to time, mainly weekly highlights and ppv’s. I’m not 100% against the product or on some tribal shit. I like wrestling.

I don’t agree with every booking decision TK makes. He’s got a lot to learn and hopefully as time goes on, he’ll consider the legit criticisms and make improvements

And lemme be clear, i do watch wwe from time to time, mainly weekly highlights and ppv’s. I’m not 100% against the product or on some tribal shit. I like wrestling.

I don’t agree with every booking decision TK makes. He’s got a lot to learn and hopefully as time goes on, he’ll consider the legit criticisms and make improvements

Yea, its the same w/ me. I'll peep highlights but then I will watch to see what they got going on too if i see something with a lot of buzz or somebody i fw getting a push. thats why I really hope they dont fumble w/ Swerve. Right now everybody is saying the same thing, that 2024 should be his year so hopefully it is

Back