Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

The 8/16 edition of AEW Dynamite brought in overnight viewers, 874,000, up from last week's 846,000 overnight viewers according to Wrestlenomics.com. They had the number one show on cable last night.

In the 18-49 demo, AEW scored a 0.32, up from last week's 0.29.

The number could have been even better if not for the massive viewer loss in hour two.

The show started out with 946,000 viewers in the first quarter and didn't go below 900,000 until the 9:00 quarter, which did 898,000 viewers. From there, the tune out was substantial as they dropped to 822,000 (down 13% from the open) for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre at 9:15. By the time we got to the main event, where The Gunns took on The Young Bucks, the audience had dropped to 738,000 viewers, which was down 208,000 (22%) from the opening quarter hour. If the second hour could have held up even slightly, they would have easily been over 900,000 viewers.

The 8/16 edition of AEW Dynamite brought in overnight viewers, 874,000, up from last week's 846,000 overnight viewers according to Wrestlenomics.com. They had the number one show on cable last night.

In the 18-49 demo, AEW scored a 0.32, up from last week's 0.29.

The number could have been even better if not for the massive viewer loss in hour two.

The show started out with 946,000 viewers in the first quarter and didn't go below 900,000 until the 9:00 quarter, which did 898,000 viewers. From there, the tune out was substantial as they dropped to 822,000 (down 13% from the open) for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre at 9:15. By the time we got to the main event, where The Gunns took on The Young Bucks, the audience had dropped to 738,000 viewers, which was down 208,000 (22%) from the opening quarter hour. If the second hour could have held up even slightly, they would have easily been over 900,000 viewers.
What trash did hour 2 have that had the viewers change the channel?

This is my first time seeing Stevie's channel. I'm impressed. If his content is like this on the regular I'm going to have to tune in

He should either have a weekly segment on Busted Open w/ Bully or Dreamer explaining these types of movements

Or either some weekly 30 minute segment on a tv show going over these mechanics

Hopefully he doesn't burn bridges with other wrestling talent by giving too much information to the casual fan

Welp.

UPDATE: PWInsider reports that an arrest warrant was issued for Cash Wheeler on July 28. That means this incident happened weeks ago and not overnight.
Wheeler filed a plea of not guilty, via his attorney, with the Orange County, Florida circuit court on August 3. His charge, aggravated assault with a firearm, is a third degree felony in the State of Florida. He will have a hearing at 1 PM this afternoon.

Meltzer is also reporting there has been talk backstage regarding Jade Cargill potentially returning soon. She has been gone since Double or Nothing and dropping the TBS Championship to Kris Statlander. Fightful Select recently reported that Cargill was backstage at the August 9 Dynamite in Columbus as well.

Thunder Rosa has mentioned on her vlog recently that she is nearing a return to the ring. It's still not clear when Rosa will be cleared but Meltzer writes that she is planned to challenge for the AEW Women's World title once she does.

"Thunder Rosa was planned to challenge for the women’s title very quickly after she was cleared given she never lost it in the ring," Meltzer wrote. "When she is cleared is still not confirmed. Her back issues ended up being far worse than originally expected."

AEW head physician Doc Sampson told Rosa on a recent vlog that being cleared in three weeks is a realistic goal for her.

This is my first time seeing Stevie's channel. I'm impressed. If his content is like this on the regular I'm going to have to tune in

He should either have a weekly segment on Busted Open w/ Bully or Dreamer explaining these types of movements

Or either some weekly 30 minute segment on a tv show going over these mechanics

Hopefully he doesn't burn bridges with other wrestling talent by giving too much information to the casual fan

I've seen one of his videos. The bolded I feel is the only issue. Other than that...its a interesting point of view. It would make a good weekly segment on Busted Open imo

Back