Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

I could see it but i dont think it'll happen either

my money kinda still on Heyman fucking Reigns over in favor of Solo at some point..

either that or once its all over and done with Heyman doubles back and picks up Solo as his client

AEW Collision debuted on a night that is largely uncharted territory for a weekly, prime time Saturday show in this television landscape.

AEW Dynamite has generally been between 830-950k viewers on Wednesdays in prime time, while AEW Rampage has been all over the map because of the sporadic viewing times. Fightful has inquired within both AEW and sources at WBD prior to the launch of the show as to what they would consider a success for a Saturday night.

AEW didn’t respond to our inquiries, but sources within WBD told Fightful they were much more interested in the rankings than they were a particular number. AEW Dynamite has steadily ranked highly for the night, and WBD sources say they expect the same out of AEW Collision. They also noted they’re well aware that the fall months will face stiff competition with college football. Those sources said that they largely considered a top 5 ranking as a success.

Collision’s performance looks to be integral towards AEW landing a new media rights deal, which we’re told would be a huge addition financially for the company. Talks have been ongoing between each side.

The Friday 7/21 edition of WWE Friday Night Smackdown will be shifted to FS1 due to that evening's coverage of The FIFA Women's World Cup game between The United States and Vietnam.

*checks to see if a wrestling youtuber shares this opinion*

So you mean to tell me that network execs and advertisers are more concerned with the ranking than the viewership numbers of an antiquated data system?
giphy.gif

Sen. Charles Schumer called on the FDA to investigate PRIME Energy drink, the drink that Logan Paul backs and has been pushed on WWE broadcasts as part of its deal with Paul and a sponsorship deal. The story said PRIME has been a big hit over the past year due to the promotion of Paul and KSI. The issue is that PRIME has 200 mg of caffeine in a 12 ounce can, or equivalent to six Coke cans or two Red Bulls. Some doctors have warned of health impact especially with young children. PRIME has said that they clearly label the drink as not recommended for children under 18 and that for kids they recommend PRIME Hydration, which has no caffeine at all. Schumer said that both drinks are marketed similarly so many parents believe they were getting some juice but in reality that are buying kids heavy caffeine.

Back