Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official College Basketball Thread/Prospect Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are just going to act like Texas did not get Molly Whoopped yesterday???

Shoutout to my Houston Cougars for the big win against a ranked opponent.

Duke will be talented as hell, but top heavy w/ no depth. Allen graduates, Bagley III & Carter Jr are as good as gone, and Duval and Trent Jr likely bounce as well. That's the whole starting 5. The only significant players returning would be Bolden and Delaurier (non starters) and 1 of them still won't be a starter (might transfer). I can't name another player on Duke's bench this year.

Bro they got the three top recruits in HSBB all coming in next year as well as one to the best point guards. Fuck depth. Forgot about Bolden he's going to finally get some shine next year. This recruiting class is legendary. Wouldn't be surprised if Duval and Trent came back either.

I doubt they do. Everybody knows that Coach K usually shortens his rotation about mid season so Trent Jr. can forget about it. He ain't getting major minutes over Reddish or Barrett in the wing. Duval maybe, but idk enough about Jones to know if He'll supplant him as a starter.

As far as the depth comment...you & I both know you've gotta get smthn off the bench and they don't got it. Injuries & foul trouble are all to common to not worry about who's the next man up.

Then there's how they fit into the system together but that's a whole other post.

I doubt they do. Everybody knows that Coach K usually shortens his rotation about mid season so Trent Jr. can forget about it. He ain't getting major minutes over Reddish or Barrett in the wing. Duval maybe, but idk enough about Jones to know if He'll supplant him as a starter.

As far as the depth comment...you & I both know you've gotta get smthn off the bench and they don't got it. Injuries & foul trouble are all to common to not worry about who's the next man up.

Then there's how they fit into the system together but that's a whole other post.

Yea I might have got a little ahead of my self but I do see a few of these guys coming back next year to improve their stock. Trent role will probably be decreased but he can cone off the bench and lead the 2nd unit. Tre Jones looks to be a solid floor General and a good shooter he's kinda of a more athletic version of his brother. The guy im most interested to see make their draft decision is WCJ. He's getting slept on heavy and could come back and play his way into the top 5 next year in a weaker class. Could be the best big man in the draft next year. We'll see.

Trae probably played his best game last night against KU. Seemed more under control and player a far more efficient game. He was giving Devonte fits. Could be the end of that Big12 title steak for the Jayhawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back