Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official College Basketball Thread/Prospect Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't like Jarren Jackson?

Yea but I think he's a top 4 lock. Jackson has everything you want from a big in todays league ,can switch on wings/guards,shot 40% from 3's & blocked 3 shots a game youngest player in the draft too.

Porter can somewhat control his situation cuz of his medicals which is why I think there's a chance he may fall to the bulls

porzingis wouldn't talk to philly in 2015 they passed & dsj wouldnt give the knicks his medicals & they passed. I think bagley could drop and bamba will rise

Last edited:
Yea but I think he's a top 4 lock. Jackson has everything you want from a big in todays league ,can switch on wings/guards,shot 40% from 3's and & blocked 3 shots a game youngest player in the draft too.

Porter can somewhat control his situation cuz of his medicals which is why I think there's a chance he may fall to the bulls

porzingis wouldn't talk to philly in 2015 they passed & dsj wouldnt give the knicks his medicals & they passed. I think bagley could drop and bamba will rise

I don't think he's a lock at all for the top 4. He's a great prospect with a crazy ceiling but after Doncic and Ayton the top 6 is pretty up in the air imo. I wouldn't be too surprised to see JJJ go 5-7. Btw Isaac refused to give us his medicals last year and we took him any way. Didn't even give us a private work out. We only had a short sit down with him. I get that agents try and play chess with their guys but at the end of the day if a team loves a player they will take him.

I don't think he's a lock at all for the top 4. He's a great prospect with a crazy ceiling but after Doncic and Ayton the top 6 is pretty up in the air imo. I wouldn't be too surprised to see JJJ go 5-7. Btw Isaac refused to give us his medicals last year and we took him any way. Didn't even give us a private work out. We only had a short sit down with him. I get that agents try and play chess with their guys but at the end of the day if a team loves a player they will take him.

Isaac didn't workout for any teams outside the top 4 and he wasn't a question mark cuz of an injury like porter I agree the top 6 is in the air(don't know why doncic top 2 in every mock I wouldn't draft duke top 3). Situations aren't the same

Don't know the official draft order so it's hard to project what teams will pick who but I'd be surprised if jjj dropped that far. This article breaks down why he low key has the highest upside of all the bigs

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/2/6/16976438/jaren-jackson-jr-best-big-man-draft

at the same time the nba has some dumb ass gm's so who knows

I like mikal bridges too but I wouldn't draft him 6th he's otto porter/trevor ariza 2.0

mock drafts just go by the order of best prospects not team needs. With issac,simmons and gordon magic have no need for mpj unless they think he'll be a superstar

Isaac didn't workout for any teams outside the top 4 and he wasn't a question mark cuz of an injury like porter I agree the top 6 is in the air(don't know why doncic top 2 in every mock I wouldn't draft duke top 3). Situations aren't the same

Don't know the official draft order so it's hard to project what teams will pick who but I'd be surprised if jjj dropped that far. This article breaks down why he low key has the highest upside of all the bigs

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/2/6/16976438/jaren-jackson-jr-best-big-man-draft

at the same time the nba has some dumb ass gm's so who knows

I like mikal bridges too but I wouldn't draft him 6th he's otto porter/trevor ariza 2.0

mock drafts just go by the order of best prospects not team needs. With issac,simmons and gordon magic have no need for mpj unless they think he'll be a superstar

Whaaat? That was your guy 3 months ago! Why the 180?

As for Isaac you right he only worked out for the top 4 teams but he was projrcted in the 4-8 range and there were rumblings that he wanted go go to the Knicks if he fell out of the top 4 and that skipping his work out with Orlando and Minnesota was a slight chess move. Don't know if NY ever got a work out or medicals tho. He even mentioned in a post draft interview how he wanted to go to the Knicks(maybe not in those words but something to that effect) I was tight

Bridges is nice but his ceiling is limited. Could be one of the best 3 and D wings in the league one day. I'm really high on that kid but like you said 6 would be a reach. Hope he ends up in Philly at 10. Seems like the perfect fit.

Whaaat? That was your guy 3 months ago! Why the 180?

As for Isaac you right he only worked out for the top 4 teams but there were rumblings that he wanted go go to the Knicks if he fell out of the top 4 and that skipping his work out with Orlando and Minnesota was a slight chess move. Don't know if NY ever got a work out or medicals tho. He even mentioned in a post draft interview how he wanted to go to the Knicks(maybe not in those words but something to that effect) I was tight

Bridges is nice but his ceiling is limited. Could be one of the best 3 and D wings in the league one day. I'm really high on that kid but like you said 6 would be a reach. Hope he ends up in Philly at 10. Seems like the perfect fit.

I think doncic will be a solid player in the nba but superstar(like the dickriding media been tryin to crown him)? Hell nah, I've seen multiple mocks with him #1 that's crazy to me

he can't stay in front of semi athletic cats in the euro league and his shooting aint been that impressive with a shorter 3 point line(damn near 2 feet shorter). Trae young shot 36% from nba range and 17% of his 3's were assisted that's actually impressive and he made way more from nba range than other prospect on the list that's why orlando needs to come through and draft him

I also been saying since last summer this who I want rockin a bulls jersey it was written

2lksidc.png

I agree about bridges especially to philly

I think doncic will be a solid player in the nba but superstar(like the dickriding media been tryin to crown him)? Hell nah, I've seen multiple mocks with him #1 that's crazy to me

he can't stay in front of semi athletic cats in the euro league and his shooting aint been that impressive with a shorter 3 point line(damn near 2 feet shorter). Trae young shot 36% from nba range and 17% of his 3's were assisted that's actually impressive and he made way more from nba range than other prospect on the list that's why orlando needs to come through and draft him

I also been saying since last summer this who I want rockin a bulls jersey it was written

2lksidc.png

I agree about bridges especially to philly

Yea His shooting really fell off late in the year. Shot around 20 percent from 3 the last 2 months. Crazy stat I saw on Trae a while ago he was double teamed on 47 percent of the time he was on the floor compared. Steph was at like 15 percent. Really hope we draft that kid but I'm not getting my hopes up. At the end ofnthr day we should be ok na good spot to walk away with a great prospect.

Rome really should have went to Vandy tho. He's about to be the new Trae Young putting up big numbers on a mediocre team. All because he wanted to play at home. I commend them both but if it were me I'd want to be guaranteed a spot in the big dance. Kansas would have been a good look too

Disregard this. Just read up on Indiana's recruiting class and they look solid. Would have loved to see him play with Garland and that Canadian kid in Vandy tho.

If these idiots played their cards right we would have our PG of the future already. It was no secret that last year was the year to take a PG if your picking early. This year is the year of the Bigs and next Wings. Love Trae as a prospect but I'm taking DSJ and Bagley/Bamba/Porter Jr over Young and Isaac all day.

If these idiots played their cards right we would have our PG of the future already. It was no secret that last year was the year to take a PG if your picking early. This year is the year of the Bigs and next Wings. Love Trae as a prospect but I'm taking DSJ and Bagley/Bamba/Porter Jr over Young and Isaac all day.

Dsj wack. Another athletic shoot 1st pg with no range, low iq and trash defense.Idk what issac is yet cuz he was injured pretty much all season

I'd be shocked if hammond passed up on jjj and/or bamba if orl stay at 5(if they're on the board) despite the fact they need a pg

Dsj wack. Another athletic shoot 1st pg with no range, low iq and trash defense.Idk what issac is yet cuz he was injured pretty much all season

I'd be shocked if hammond passed up on jjj and/or bamba if orl stay at 5(if they're on the board) despite the fact they need a pg

DSJ was pretty inefficient but he's still far from a finished product. I don't think he will ever be a great defender but then again there aren't too many guys who are at PG in the league. I do however think he will become a more consistent shooter over time. Still got faith in my guy becoming an all star down the line . He's a dog and willing to put in the work to become great. Plus he's got skills and athleticism that you can't teach. Runs the PnR really well has good court vision and can get to the rim really well. I'm still high on him.

As for Isaac. From what I've seen in the handful of games he's played is that he's exactly who I thought he was. Defensive ace but his offense has a long long way to go and the injurys are starting to concern me. Got hurt in summer league and we had to sit him out. Hurt both his ankles twice this year where he missed 3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back