Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official College Basketball Thread/Prospect Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good to see big Pat doing some things at G-Town. The city just feels right when Georgetown is winning

Georgetown lands four-star point guard James Akinjo, N.C. State transfer Omer Yurtseven

Georgetown Coach Patrick Ewing is doing well on the recruiting trail heading into his second year with the Hoyas.

His 2018 recruiting class got a boost Monday morning when the school announced that four-star point guard James Akinjo of California had signed with Georgetown. The team also said Monday that former N.C. State big man Omer Yurtseven, a 7-foot center who started 22 games for the Wolfpack last season, will transfer to Georgetown and be eligible to play in the 2019-20 season.

Akinjo, a 6-foot, 170-pound guard who was released in March from his commitment to Connecticut, is ranked 97th in ESPN’s Top 100 and 22nd at the point guard position. He first made waves last summer when he was named Nike Peach Jam MVP after averaging 18.7 points and 6.7 assists over four days and leading his Oakland Soldiers team to the title.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ansfer-omer-yurtseven/?utm_term=.8697ffeed5a5

@A.F.R.I.C.A who you want/think orlando will draft? I'm assuming young based off your avi but hammond likes the lanky athletic players so bamba could be possible. If they stay at 5

@A.F.R.I.C.A who you want/think orlando will draft? I'm assuming young based off your avi but hammond likes the lanky athletic players so bamba could be possible. If they stay at 5

My wish list

1.Trae
2.Ayton
3.Doncic
4.Bamba

Trae all day for me with Bamba a close 2nd. Your right about Hammond. History suggests that we will be leaning toward Bamba/JJJ but he also took a swing on Brandon Jennings back in 09 so I wouldn't completely rule out Trae. we desperately need a player who can create offense for not only them selves but others. Trae and Luka make the most sense. Weltman and Hammond were in Europe last week scouting Luka among others(Bonga/Okobo). I think he's at the top of their big board but we have to get a little lucky on lottery night.

Last edited:
@A.F.R.I.C.A I am watching a bunch of Jontay Porter videos, this dude is Channing Fyre right? Dude is a really good passer too, especially from the post. Wont mind getting either him or Shamet at 25.

Shaka can recruit his ass off but hopefully it translates on to the court this year....definitely need shooters on deck

http://awfulannouncing.com/fox/skip...to-play-hoops-at-indiana-over-vanderbilt.html

Skip Bayless calls out 5-star recruit Romeo Langford for choosing to play hoops at Indiana over Vanderbilt

Five-star prospect Romeo Langford announced on Monday that he’ll play college basketball for the Indiana Hoosiers. The 6’5″ shooting guard — ranked the No. 5 overall basketball prospect by ESPN and No. 6 by 247 Sports — chose Indiana over Kansas and Vanderbilt.

Indiana is Langford’s home state (he starred at New Albany High School), so his decision certainly made sense for location alone. He’s also joining an impressive recruiting class put together by Hoosiers head coach Archie Miller that 247 Sports now ranks ninth in the country.

However, Langford’s decision left one Vanderbilt alum very unhappy.

FS1’s Skip Bayless called out Langford on Twitter for choosing Indiana over Vanderbilt, saying that Langford “should’ve signed with the best school in the country.”

“Hey, Romeo Langford: I respect & understand your decision to stay in state and play for Indiana. But you should’ve signed with the best school in the country, Vanderbilt, and joined a recruiting class that could’ve contended for a national championship.”

Always mature of a 66-year-old adult to tell an 18-year-old how they should make the biggest decision of their life. That tweet is what the eyeroll emoji was made for.

The Commodores’ recruiting class is also very good, coming it at No. 12 on 247 Sports’ team rankings. But saying they “could’ve contended for a national championship” is probably a bit much, especially after they just went 12-20 in the 2017-18 college basketball season. And this is of course all putting aside how weird it is to tell a kid where they should go to college (unless you’re one of the people actually recruiting the athlete).

Skip went to Vanderbilt, of course he would want him to go there.... He ain’t talking down on the kid

@A.F.R.I.C.A I am watching a bunch of Jontay Porter videos, this dude is Channing Fyre right? Dude is a really good passer too, especially from the post. Wont mind getting either him or Shamet at 25.

He's skilled for sure and a decent rim protector for some one who's athletically limited as he is. I see a poor man's Marc Gasol a little Jokic too. Probably ends up going late lottery or just outside it.

Rome really should have went to Vandy tho. He's about to be the new Trae Young putting up big numbers on a mediocre team. All because he wanted to play at home. I commend them both but if it were me I'd want to be guaranteed a spot in the big dance. Kansas would have been a good look too

Last edited:
MPJ
Bagley
Bamba
Young(doubt they pick him cuz they like dunn a lot but it depends what happens draft day)

If the bulls get any of these 4 I'm good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back