Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Fury vs Usyk: Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

test
What's tank next step? He supposed 2 fight leo next right? I know leo can throw 100 per round. I wont say he got exposed on the ring, but his lifestyle most definitely did. How u move up 1st fight and miss and arguably your biggest fight to date.

Idk man I'm starting 2 get frustrated few years back the fighters and promoters was talking that 2020 shit so I'm expecting this 2 be a good year with big fights. Tired of these soft ass touches and the politics bullshit. Gotta find a way 2 hurt these muthafuckas pockets cause that's the only way to see the fights we wanna see.

Arum Fully Supports Tyson Fury's Decision To Replace Davison

Back on December 15, BoxingScene.com first reported that former unified heavyweight champion Tyson Fury was in the process of replacing his head trainer, Ben Davison.

A few hours later, Fury confirmed the report and announced that he hired trainer Sugarhill Steward, who is based in Detroit, Michigan. Steward is the nephew of Hall of Fame coach Emanuel Steward. Former middleweight champion Andy Lee is also new addition to Fury's corner.

Fury is now preparing for a scheduled pay-per-view rematch with WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder, set for February 22 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. They fought to a controversial twelve round split draw in December 2018.

The boxer's U.S promoter, Bob Arum of Top Rank, said he supported Fury’s decision to switch his trainer from Davison to Steward, adding that he believed there had been problems in the corner for the Otto Wallin fight in September, criticising the cutman [Jorge Capetillo], even though he had praised him straight after the fight.

However, he said that he had not told Fury to sack Davison, but had told him to get help.

“That corner almost lost that fight,” said Arum. “They had no clue. They gave all the credit to the guy who had never been a cutman before, and did everything wrong. Everything. He was pressing down so that the blood was coming out. ‘The man who saved Tyson Fury’. He almost killed him.

“I told Tyson that he needed help in the corner, because it wasn’t being run properly, and he needed a cutman. Emanuel Steward’s nephew is pretty good. I think what will get Tyson through is Andy Lee, because Andy Lee is a real boxing guy who can work with Tyson’s head.”

Tank conditioning an focus needs to improve.... But I think he's still in an upward spiral...

He may crash hard one day, but it's not right now....

I feel like he is more explosive next fight.

He definitely got gassed, but going 12 and pushing for the KO in 12 against a strong vet who was still dangerous is a great test...

And I just personally feel he got a better fight in him....

100% homer talk. I get it though gotta stand with the hometown guy.

This nigga Tank needs to get his shit together. How the fuck you move up in weight and miss weight?!

Man let tank rock off....

I don't think he over the top like Broner...

The shit he talking actually hold weight....

Tank Resume is so busted.. he should chill till he gets a few real fights under his belt

Most of these dudes be talking that shit like they be in with killas and ain't had one top caliber fighter yet. Cause they be getting gassed as super stars way 2 early. Promotion be going 2 they head... tank 23-0 but besides pedraza and gamboa I can name one other person.

But it ain't just him tho

Most of these dudes be talking that shit like they be in with killas and ain't had one top caliber fighter yet. Cause they be getting gassed as super stars way 2 early. Promotion be going 2 they head... tank 23-0 but besides pedraza and gamboa I can name one other person.

But it ain't just him tho
No doubt.. they get a nice car get attention and a few rinky dink belts and they think they are on top of the world

Pedraza decent but decent is not note worthy.. Gamboa is washed washed... he was prime at 126 years ago

No doubt.. they get a nice car get attention and a few rinky dink belts and they think they are on top of the world

Pedraza decent but decent is not note worthy.. Gamboa is washed washed... he was prime at 126 years ago

Exactly..them ya 2 biggest names and he talking he the cash cow.

Joshua Confident That He Would Blast Out Wilder in Six Rounds

IBF, WBO, IBO, WBA heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua is very confident that he would take down WBC champion Deontay Wilder in six rounds of action.

A potential unification between the two is viewed as the biggest fight in boxing.

Wilder will make a world defense on February 22, in a rematch with Tyson Fury, at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

In his November defense, Wilder was down on the scorecards after six rounds - but landed a single punch in the seventh to knock Ortiz out.

Joshua explains that he would become a similar victim, because he take Wilder out before the seventh.

"He wouldn't be there to do that in the seventh round. I would go in to knock him out. It's heavyweight against heavyweight, champion against champion," Joshua told Sky Sports.

"This is a serious fight, so I ain't going to go in there to try and outbox him for 12 rounds, because of his punching power as well. I've got to go in there and take him out. Don't let him get too comfortable in the ring with me."

Joshua is not afraid of Wilder's power - despite the unbeaten puncher knocking out opponents with a single shot on a regular basis.

"Nah, not scary, but I know it's there," said Joshua.

"There are certain punches. Some are like concussive, some are stinging and some are like punches where they knock you out with one punch and you're out for the count. Wilder possesses that kind of power. It's about eliminating that power and just studying how to deal with it really."

Joshua is slated to make a defense in the coming months, potentially against IBF mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev. Last month in Saudi Arabia, Joshua reclaimed his world titles with a twelve round unanimous decision in his rematch with Andy Ruiz.

Back