Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yo the Taylor/Serrano fight was incredible... FOTY candidate... Bigger both fighters...

What a moment for female boxing and whatsmore everything lived up to the hype too, the skills, the trading, the heart and the atmosphere... The crowd was electric, the ref couldnt even hear the bell lol shoutout to both ladies, proper warriors and levelled up the game...

I didnt score the fight but I thought Serrano did enough to win, fair play to Katie for surviving the (the 5th???) round, I thought she was finished, the ref did well not to panic and step in tbf... I probably need to rewatch the fight without the commentary, as it was terrible as usual... Still, both fighters and their camps were great after the fight too, realising that what they both took part in was historic...

I wanna see Katie retire now, she actually peaked before she turned pro, she was 'Loma like' in her amateur days and I always thought she was fading when she turned pro, she stopped moving like Loma to try and be more entertaining which doesn really suit her... If she fights Serrano again I actually think Serrano would stop her...

Katie fight was the reason female boxing was even 'allowed' in the Olympics, bowing out after last night would be kinda poetic...

Yo the Taylor/Serrano fight was incredible... FOTY candidate... Bigger both fighters...

What a moment for female boxing and whatsmore everything lived up to the hype too, the skills, the trading, the heart and the atmosphere... The crowd was electric, the ref couldnt even hear the bell lol shoutout to both ladies, proper warriors and levelled up the game...

I didnt score the fight but I thought Serrano did enough to win, fair play to Katie for surviving the (the 5th???) round, I thought she was finished, the ref did well not to panic and step in tbf... I probably need to rewatch the fight without the commentary, as it was terrible as usual... Still, both fighters and their camps were great after the fight too, realising that what they both took part in was historic...

I wanna see Katie retire now, she actually peaked before she turned pro, she was 'Loma like' in her amateur days and I always thought she was fading when she turned pro, she stopped moving like Loma to try and be more entertaining which doesn really suit her... If she fights Serrano again I actually think Serrano would stop her...

Katie fight was the reason female boxing was even 'allowed' in the Olympics, bowing out after last night would be kinda poetic...
I though she was more game than competitive but its in my top 5 women fights

I though she was more game than competitive but its in my top 5 women fights

Who you mean, Taylor or Serrano???

I cant think of a better female fight tbh, both were trading like mad but it wasnt wild... Its rare you get a KO in the female game, if you do its usually because of mismatch but Taylor was nearly out of there in the 5th...

Few more Olympic and continental cycles/tournaments and will (or should) be a regular standard in all top female bouts and title fights... The standard has improved dramatically over the last 5-6 years and its down to elite coaching and international tournaments and also being able to train as full time amateurs and pros...

This why it’s hard sometimes to fuck with Shawn Porter.. Nigga be saying some goofy shit!

Back