Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thurman is a decent fighter to watch most times but I can't watch or listen to his interviews. Shit be terrible cause he always talking so much delusional shit.

Thurman's delusion is up there with Amir Khan's.

I fuck with thurman i dont really listen to him outside of the ring but his temperment can hold him back and has where he has won but won in lackluster fashion but the man is a problem dont let his goofy hippie shit get it twisted

Last edited:
I fuck with thurman i dont really listen to him outside of the ring but his temperment can hold him back and has where he has won but won in lackluster fashion but the man is a problem dont let his goofy hippie shit get it twisted

Fucked up cause of injuries and attitude but I feel like those days are long gone for Thurman unless he can prove other wise. Barrios could be a good start for that though. Not that Barrios is on the level but if Thurman ain't on bullshit this should kind of be like a showcase fight for him. If Thurman struggles he's done cause he brings nothing to the table for the established money fighters(Spence & Crawford). Thurman ain't going to fight Ennis or Ortiz type of up and coming fighters for low money with a really good chance to lose.

Any of yall see Blue Blood last night? I watched it for a minute. The part I want to talk about is Thurman vs Barrios is supposed to now be a title eliminator. So who ever wins that fight now becomes a mandatory to whoever win Spence vs Ugas. That's some bullshit IMO. That gets in the way of undisputed at 147. Also IMO Haymon had to make that call to the WBC for that to happen. If that is the case how is that helpful to Spence? That's some fucked up shit IMO

Any of yall see Blue Blood last night? I watched it for a minute. The part I want to talk about is Thurman vs Barrios is supposed to now be a title eliminator. So who ever wins that fight now becomes a mandatory to whoever win Spence vs Ugas. That's some bullshit IMO. That gets in the way of undisputed at 147. Also IMO Haymon had to make that call to the WBC for that to happen. If that is the case how is that helpful to Spence? That's some fucked up shit IMO

I didn't see it but based on your summary, I agree... It's some bulllshit. How are either of these guys in a title eliminator at 147? Also, I seen they charging $74.99 for that Thurman Barrios card SMH

I didn't see it but based on your summary, I agree... It's some bulllshit. How are either of these guys in a title eliminator at 147? Also, I seen they charging $74.99 for that Thurman Barrios card SMH

I saw that $75 for the Thurman ppv as well. That ppv already wasn't going to sell shit. Now at $75 nobody is really going to buy it. Shit I was surprised to hear the rumor that Martin vs Ortiz sold like 20-25K ppv. I had 2 thoughts about it. Either Haymon and PBC money is fucked up for real and they have to basically put damn near all the fights on ppv cause Fox and Showtime don't want the fights they putting together. Or after over paying these fighters for years and it no longer being sustainable Haymon is putting these fighters on ppv to really show them what they're really worth so their purse demands can come way down so possibly better fights can be made.

Either way things are starting bubble to the surface for all these promoters and managers.

Update

Last edited:

Good to see it's not the final eliminator, still wouldn't put it past the WBC to do so...

I saw that $75 for the Thurman ppv as well. That ppv already wasn't going to sell shit. Now at $75 nobody is really going to buy it. Shit I was surprised to hear the rumor that Martin vs Ortiz sold like 20-25K ppv. I had 2 thoughts about it. Either Haymon and PBC money is fucked up for real and they have to basically put damn near all the fights on ppv cause Fox and Showtime don't want the fights they putting together. Or after over paying these fighters for years and it no longer being sustainable Haymon is putting these fighters on ppv to really show them what they're really worth so their purse demands can come way down so possibly better fights can be made.

Either way things are starting bubble to the surface for all these promoters and managers.

Knowing Haymon's track record, I'm hoping it's to show the fighters that over paying them isn't sustainable. But, after Covid I wouldn't be surprised if the money messed up... I'm hoping the shake up lead to the big fights we wanna see...

I don't have high hopes but I do hope it leads to the big fights. If these PPVs keep flopping I think it will have some good changes.

What do you think Haymon's track record in boxing is in your opinion?

Scammer Bob giving Shakur a big fight against Valdez.. Is Oscar‘scontract coming up.. Or is this a response to the Crawford lawsuit…

Response to Crawford lawsuit IMO. Shakur wanted and was asking for that fight and Arum was against it. He wanted to do Valdez vs Navarrete and have Shakur move to fight Loma or someone even if he didn't move up.

I really want to see how this case plays out because Arum is on tape saying he killed the Crawford vs Pac fght. That is a fight that would've raised Crawford profile. Arum said he killed the fight to save Manny not over money in that interview or whatever it was.

I’m tuned into Blue Blood right now, he say he got somebody from “team Crawford” on there.. I hope it’s Bernie cause that nigga funny as shit and will probably cuss Blue out for not riding with Crawford but it’s more than likely Bo Mac…

Back