Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test

I think this fight is for the PED heavyweight title...

Wilder: Dillian Whyte is Just a Compulsive Liar, He Had Chances

WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder has fired back at some of the recent statements being made by mandatory challenger Dillian Whyte.

Wilder is deep in training for his upcoming rematch with Tyson Fury, which takes place on February 22 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

The winner of the rematch has been ordered to make a mandatory defense against Whyte, who holds the WBC's interim-title. The mandatory obligation is due by February 2021.

In early 2019, the WBC made a controversial move when they overlooked Whyte, who was ranked at 1, and ordered Wilder to make a mandatory defense against Dominic Breazeale, who was ranked at three. Wilder would eventually face Breazeale and blast him out in the first round.

Wilder and Whyte are far from strangers when it comes to trading verbal bombs.

Whyte has stated in numerous interviews that Wilder is doing everything possible to avoid their showdown.

According to Wilder, there were numerous possibilities for Whyte to put himself in line for a WBC title shot and he allegedly rejected all of those opportunities.

"[Whyte is] another guy that I consider to be the cheerleader of the division, I want to go even nastier with my words with him, but my energy is not allowing me to come up with nothing to say. That means something," Wilder told ESPN.

"But y'know, this is a guy who is just a compulsive liar, he's talking about this thing of wanting to fight me -- but it's all lies. He had multiple chances of fighting me. Just to name a few, I told him to fight [Luis] Ortiz, not only did I tell him, I gave him my word [I will be fighting next], but the WBC mandated him to do so and he didn't. [Dominic] Breazeale said, 'Hey, if you got a problem with the mandatory spot, fight me for the mandatory spot and that'll get you in there.' That was another one and he declined every last one of those things. I can go even farther but there ain't no sense of wasting time on him."

Back