Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
Shakur is very good when it comes to neutralize his opponents, he does that all the time. He simply doesn't give you much to work with. He's also patient and doesn't get careless. It's going to be hard to beat Shakur. However it was also quite boring because Shakur shut down Gonzlalez completely and turned him into a punching bag but never tried to close the show...... Would love to see a unification against Warrington next.

Prograis vs Taylor lived up to the hype, that was a really good fight. Not the result I wanted but Props to Taylor I had him winning the fight 115-113. I'd like to see a rematch though.

David Price needs to retire....

Gervonta Davis Calls Out Josh Taylor, Willing To Go To 140

@Duwop don't seem like a man really trying to fight Loma to me.

He knows the politics involved. Tank got way too many options to chase after Loma especially when they know at this point Bob gonna try to make Loma the A side.

Considering tank still under 25 and Loma is over 30, the better strategy is to build tank's profile and resume so that Loma is chasing after him for a bit pay day and not the other way around.

I know fans wanna see certain match ups, but politics always been the game.

That is still the fight he really wants, he's just in a great position where he's not desperate for it.

There's 3 certified young and rising Stars under the age 25
Tank
Shakur
Haney

All three of them niggaz in great positions to make crazy money down the road as long as they manage their careers right...

That tank/loma fight is gonna take a long time to materialize. So it's in tank's favor to just stay busy and let it come to him

He knows the politics involved. Tank got way too many options to chase after Loma especially when they know at this point Bob gonna try to make Loma the A side.

Considering tank still under 25 and Loma is over 30, the better strategy is to build tank's profile and resume so that Loma is chasing after him for a bit pay day and not the other way around.

I know fans wanna see certain match ups, but politics always been the game.

That is still the fight he really wants, he's just in a great position where he's not desperate for it.

There's 3 certified young and rising Stars under the age 25
Tank
Shakur
Haney

All three of them niggaz in great positions to make crazy money down the road as long as they manage their careers right...

That tank/loma fight is gonna take a long time to materialize. So it's in tank's favor to just stay busy and let it come to him

Loma is the A side in that fight right now. That shit shouldn't even a hold up if Tank and Floyd really wanted to make that fight. Which I'm of the opinion they really don't.

You could've saved a bunch of those words and just said I'm from Baltimore and Tank from Baltimore so I'm riding with him

Canelo: I'm No. 1 P4P, I've Done Better Than Crawford, Loma

LAS VEGAS – Canelo Alvarez believes he has established himself as the best boxer, pound-for-pound, in the sport.

The accomplished Mexican contended Tuesday that it’s difficult to argue against the resume he has built on his way to winning world titles in three weight classes. The 29-year-old Alvarez has decisively defeated Miguel Cotto, Daniel Jacobs and an aged Shane Mosley, owns narrow victories over Gennadiy Golovkin and Erislandy Lara, and has lost only to former pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr.

That’s more, Alvarez argued, than Terence Crawford or Vasiliy Lomachenko have accomplished in their celebrated careers. Crawford (35-0, 24 KOs), the WBO welterweight champion, or Lomachenko (14-1, 10 KOs), the WBA/WBC/WBO lightweight champion, are ranked atop most pound-for-pound lists.

Alvarez explained his stance on his pound-for-pound status with a group of reporters Tuesday following his “grand arrival” at MGM Grand.

“I’ve done better than they have,” said Alvarez, who’ll challenge WBO light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev on Saturday night. “I’ve done things that are better than they have done. It’s never really not allowed me to sleep, to not be No. 1 pound-for-pound. Because at the end, there’s somebody who puts you there. Maybe those people don’t like me, and they’ll never place me at No. 1. The only point here is I felt No. 1 my entire life. That’s why I have reached where I’ve reached. Ever since I started my profession, I felt No. 1. And I continue feeling the same way. And I continue training as though I were No. 1, and I’ll continue doing that my entire life.”

BoxingScene.com has Alvarez (52-1-2, 35 KOs) at No. 4 on its pound-for-pound list, behind the top-ranked Crawford, second-rated Naoya Inoue and third-ranked Lomachenko.

The Ring magazine – owned by the company, Golden Boy Promotions, that represents Alvarez – ranks Alvarez No. 3 on its list. The Ring has Lomachenko at No. 1 and Crawford at No. 2.

ESPN.com lists Lomachenko at No. 1, Crawford at No. 2 and Alvarez at No. 3.

Crawford’s critics insist that the three-division champion hasn’t beaten a high enough level of opposition to warrant securing the top spot. Lomachenko’s skeptics typically point to that three-weight champ’s split-decision defeat to Orlando Salido in his second professional fight 5½ years ago.

“Of course, history, your resume, that’s what places you at No. 1,” Alvarez said. “There can’t be anything else. [A fighter] that embraces fights, history, and who you fight, championships – everything.”

Alvarez will attempt to capture a championship in a fourth division versus Kovalev (34-3-1, 29 KOs). The WBA middleweight champion is a 4-1 favorite to beat the 36-year-old Kovalev, even though he is four inches shorter than the Russian veteran and will make his light heavyweight debut in a main event DAZN will stream live from MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Canelo Rips De La Hoya: You Can See There's No Loyalty in Him!

As one of the biggest fights of his career approaches, there is still a lot of tension between Mexican superstar Canelo Alvarez and his longtime promoter, Golden Boy Promotions.

On Saturday night, Canelo will go for his fourth divisional belt when he moves up by two full weight classes to challenge WBO light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

The tension between Canelo and Golden Boy first became public a few months ago, when the popular fighter blamed his promoter for the IBF's decision to strip him of his middleweight title.

Canelo claimed that he was never made aware of the IBF's final deadline to reach an agreement for a mandatory defense against Sergey Derevyanchenko.

In later interviews, Canelo would express direct anger at Golden Boy CEO Oscar De La Hoya - criticizing the head of the company for making public promises of a 2020 trilogy fight with Gennady Golovkin.

In a stunning interview with Michael "Copp" Coppinger of The Athletic, Canelo took things a step further as he slammed De La Hoya.

The boxer would explain that his relationship with De La Hoya has been slowly deteriorating over the last two years.

“You can see there’s no loyalty in him,” Canelo said.

“He changed trainers during his career. He changed managers in his career. So there’s no loyalty. That’s the way he is. We see it now.”

Canelo appears to have also been angered by De La Hoya posting a now-deleted comment on the Instagram feed of Ryan Garcia - the lightweight promoted by Golden Boy - but also trained by Canelo’s head trainer and co-manager, Eddy Reynoso.

De La Hoya is said to have wrote: “Bro, when you duck under, always keep your eye on your opponent. You tell your trainer that.”

Canelo and his handlers saw those comments as a swipe at Reynoso and his team.

“The only thing I have to say, very ungrateful,” Canelo said.

“He has to remember that his first world champ in the Golden Boy stable was Oscar Larios [the longtime assistant trainer to Reynoso].”

“I’m a very loyal person and we are a very loyal team. We’re still together. But you can see there’s no loyalty in Oscar.”

Loma is the A side in that fight right now. That shit shouldn't even a hold up if Tank and Floyd really wanted to make that fight. Which I'm of the opinion they really don't.

You could've saved a bunch of those words and just said I'm from Baltimore and Tank from Baltimore so I'm riding with him
He ain't taking no shorts...

We gotta position ourselves to always be the A Side

Back