Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

test
Yeah i think the rounds went down pretty evenly but Loma had more dominant moments. Would've liked to see Loma own the fight more.

Great fight though thanks for the link fam @Lucas

That's exactly what happened. Campbell only won the 1st round decisively in my opinion. Every other round until the 11th and 12th were extremely close and hard fought. And with that the judges gave most every close round to Loma as I believed they would.

Lara picking on Canelo older brother cruel as fuck.

154 has been best division in boxing. Promotion has not matched. PBC gotta hold that.

Santa Cruz announced he moving up to 130. Boxing media going keep pretending Gary Russell ain’t top 3 most avoided champions. How do you avoid a champion? Sick era

Frampton, Mares, Santa Cruz, Selby, warrington, etc.....you telling me none of these dudes wanted to unify with longest reigning champ in sport. Not one called him out

“But but he only fights once a year” yeah ok

This might sound backwards but I dont mind wide score cards when every round is competitive, close and consistent but one fighter just has the edge because you should score every round like its one fight.. When scoring you cant give a fighter rounds for being competitive the whole fight if they still didnt quite do enough each round...

Also when its an effective boxer vs an effective brawler and a its a battle of styles but still every round is close and again, consistent, I dont mind judges giving wide decisions because you tend to score for what you like... You might have one wide for the brawler the other for the boxer...

Its when you get crazy, robberies and decisions like Adelaide Byrd giving Canelo the 110-118 or CJ Ross scoring Canelo/Mayweather a 114-114 score you hate to see...

Still I think Campbell a great job, I predicted a body shot middle round would end him in the middle rounds... Both fighters normally start slow so, well Loma takes the first round or two off and Campbell warms into the fights...

I always thought it was only size that would eventually beat Loma (forget the salido fight), like him being too ambitious rather than being beat at his natural weight... I think we can forget the talk of him moving up to Super Lightweight to win titles, I think he will move back down to Super Feather or even Feather or some random catch weight fights... Campbell looked huge against him... It was great watching them jockey for position though, it was like no punches were being thrown in the first two rounds but they were really having a battle with their footwork and minds, almost like a breakdancing battle haha daring the other to commit...

i think this might be loma's ceiling though.
he looked really small against campbell..

and prolly could have done what he did late, much earlier if he hadn't been so much smaller'

just what i got from it...

i think a big puncher like tank might drop his ass....

and prolly could have done what he did late, much earlier if he hadn't been so much smaller'

I mean anyone can get put down but he ain't beating him

Loma can handle big punchers with relative ease. Campbell only forced Loma to have to adjust because of his reach and with that his consistent jab that kept Loma at a distance. He wasn't able to utilize his usual angles while being forced to fight at medium and long distance for so much of the fight.

Gervonta, while he undoubtedly would be his biggest challenge to date, wouldn't give Loma any of THOSE specific issues we just witnessed in the Campbell fight. Gervonta is actually smaller than Lomachenko.

He would have killed Roy's ass and Tuiz was the perfect mark for Roy. He only fought one decent fight in his career his last bout

@Playmaker88 @Duwop yall seen this bullshit???!!!

Hurd Doesn't Want Williams Rematch Next; 12/14 Fight Off
Jarrett Hurd doesn’t want his rematch with Julian Williams just yet.

BoxingScene.com has learned through multiple sources that Hurd has decided he won’t fight Williams next. Their immediate rematch, to which Williams is contractually obligated, had tentatively been scheduled to headline a FOX broadcast December 14 from Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Williams still might fight that night, though a replacement for Hurd hasn’t been solidified. The Williams-Hurd winner was supposed to fight whomever wins the upcoming Jermell Charlo-Tony Harrison rematch in their subsequent bout, thus Hurd’s withdrawal could complicate that plan.

Hurd has parted ways with career-long trainer, Ernesto Rodriguez, since Williams upset him May 11 to win the IBF, IBO and WBA 154-pound titles. The 6-feet-1 Hurd, one of the bigger boxers within his division, also is unsure if he will continue competing at 154 pounds.

If the Accokeek, Maryland, native moves up to middleweight, his rematch with Williams might never happen.

The 29-year-old Hurd (23-1, 16 KOs) was a 6-1 favorite entering their bout, but Williams was sharp from the start. Philadelphia’s Williams (27-1-1, 16 KOs, 1 NC) knocked down Hurd in the second round, was more active and accurate throughout their 12-round battle and took Hurd’s hardest shots well.

The 29-year-old Williams won a unanimous decision in what is considered one of the most entertaining encounters of 2019. Judges Alfredo Polanco (116-111), Robin Taylor (115-112) and Steve Weisfeld (115-112) each scored at least seven rounds for Williams, who scored a career-defining win 2½ years after Jermall Charlo knocked him out in the fifth round of their IBF junior middleweight title bout.

Williams made it clear in the aftermath of his victory over Hurd that Hurd and any other opponent would have to agree to performance-enhancing drug testing by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association at least 90 days prior to competition.

I wonder if Hurd pulled out of the fight because of the drug testing or because he got a new trainer and doesn't want to go into such a high profile fight with a new trainer for the first time.

I wonder if Hurd pulled out of the fight because of the drug testing or because he got a new trainer and doesn't want to go into such a high profile fight with a new trainer for the first time.
My homie from church think Hurd can't make the adjustments simply because he can't win that fight.

New trainer or not....

I know he gonna be laughing when I see him Sunday

Devin Haney: After We Win, We Expect To Face Lomachenko

Don’t count Devin Haney among those who believe Vasiliy Lomachenko is an unstoppable force.

The Ukrainian southpaw added a third lightweight belt to his arsenal following a 12-round points win over Luke Campbell this past Saturday on the road in London, England. Throughout the fight and well into the weekend came kneejerk reaction suggesting that the two-time Olympic Gold medalist and three-division titlist is far and beyond the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world today.

His next potential mandatory challenger won’t validate or dismiss such a claim but certainly sees a worthy scalp to claim.

“I could beat Loma, point blank, period,” Haney (22-0, 14KOs) insisted immediately after the fight, which streamed live on ESPN+ in the United States.

The 20-year young contender from Las Vegas by way of San Francisco is in line to contend for the most recent lightweight title acquired by Lomachenko. He first has to get past Russia’s Zaur Abdullaev (11-0, 7KOs), as the pair of unbeaten lightweights collide in a DAZN-streamed title eliminator Sept. 13 at Madison Square Garden’s Hulu Theater in New York City.

“Now back to training to F*** ABDULLAEV UP,” insisted Haney, perhaps obtaining motivation from what he witnessed on Saturday.

The winner of Haney-Abdullaev will be the mandatory challenger to one of Lomachenko’s three lightweight titles. The belief, however, is that the 31-year old will first face the winner of the Dec. 14 clash between the dvision’s lone other titlist, Richard Commey and unbeaten mandatory challenger Teofimo Lopez.

Whatever order Haney gets his title shot—provided he gets past Abdullaev—is of little concern.

“This is why we partnered with Eddie Hearn and Matchroom Boxing USA,” Haney told BoxingScene.com. “We brought in Eddie to help deliver us a title fight. This bout with Zaur Abdullaev will get us there, and after we win we expect to face Vasiliy Lomachenko for at least three of the four lightweight titles.

Barry Hearn: You'd Fancy Joshua Over Ruiz 99 Times Out of 100!

Barry Hearn, the head of Matchroom Sport, feels very confident that Anthony Joshua will get revenge on December 7th, when he faces Andy Ruiz in a rematch in Saudi Arabia.

Ruiz captured the IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight titles when he stopped Joshua in seven rounds on June 1 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Ruiz, who took the fight on late notice, went down in the third round - but then dropped Joshua a total of four times before the contest was waved off.

Hearn admits everyone in his company was in complete shock over the stunning outcome in June.

But he expects a much different outcome in December.

“I think we were all in a state of shock. I think we all acknowledged he got beat by the better man on the night, which was an even bigger shock.," Hearn told Gareth Davies of The Telegraph.

“Andy Ruiz was always a tough opponent. We knew everything about it. We knew he was capable, but appearances can be deceptive, he looked like a pizza delivery guy. Man mountain against pizza delivery boy, technical ability meant it was a very well matched fight. Heavyweight boxing needs those type of fights.

“AJ walked onto one and got beat. Welcome to heavyweight boxing. Ruiz signed for a rematch. The insurance policy is that Joshua has one chance back at it. Do you take your chance? Yes, of course you do. Anyone else who says different is just looking for column inches. You would fancy Joshua against Ruiz 99 times out of 100.” ?

While there were some critics who strongly believe Joshua should have taken another fight or two before facing Ruiz for a second time - Hearn explains that it was far too risky to step away from their immediate rematch clause.

“To refuse the rematch would mean you’d come back as a challenger with no claims. You’d be in a weaker negotiating place,” Hearn says. “You’re still one fight away. The downturn is massive. If you get beat in the second fight, you may not be finished but it’s a massive dent in the commercial side. You get over one. Lennox Lewis came back after one shock defeat and another, too.?

“Do we let Ruiz walk away with all the belts and not take the chance to get them back? Don’t be ridiculous. Anyone who says that is in cloud cuckoo land. This is the fight Anthony wants.”?

AJ’s team already underestimating Andy the Destroyer again...

Back