Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

test
It's not the same one, but this was a great video

sad ass day

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/20775014

Andre Ward says in statement on his website that he's 'leaving' boxing
10:43 AM ET
  • ESPN.com

Pound-for-pound king and unified light heavyweight world titleholder Andre Ward said in a statement on his website that he is "leaving" boxing.

"I want to be clear -- I am leaving because my body can no longer put up with the rigors of the sport and therefore my desire to fight is no longer there," the statement said. "If I cannot give my family, my team, and the fans everything that I have, then I should no longer be fighting."

Last month, Ward told ringside media that his television contract with HBO is up.

He added that, contrary to industry chatter, he remains under contract with promoter Roc Nation Sports, even though rumors have swirled that he was gearing up for a jump to Top Rank.

ADVERTISEMENT
Ward (32-0, 16 KOs), 33, of Oakland, California, has been with HBO since he knocked out Chad Dawson in 2012, though Ward has had two long layoffs since because of promotional issues.

Ward has fought six of his past seven fights for HBO, including both of his pay-per-view fights with Sergey Kovalev -- a controversial unanimous decision win in November to take Kovalev's three 175-pound world title belts, followed by an eighth-round knockout victory in the rematch on June 17.

ESPN's Dan Rafael contributed to this report.

jNqAwsE.jpg

lol i just made this

upload_2017-9-21_11-11-42.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-21_11-11-29.png
    upload_2017-9-21_11-11-29.png
    511.6 KB · Views: 8
Wow. I thought we would see him vs ggg/canelo. But everyone has to know their time and I would rather see him leave like this than after a beating or go Roy Jones or something. Maximum Respect.

Any good fights from homie u would recommend?
arthur abraham, carl froch, chad dawson

2009-2011 was when he was arguably #1 in te world.. they held a super 6 middle wight tourney that when all the names were announced, ppl were pretty much, whoever wins wil be p4p #1....

Any good fights from homie u would recommend?
Any of his fights in the tournament before he had to take a hiatus. That was one of the only times where they put great boxers in a round Robbin tournament and everyone had to fight each other.

but this was the fight....

niggaz really was couting ward out... like seriously

Watched 3 of Wards fights and he's a solid boxer, I don't see how yall consider him the best p4p boxer in the game tho.

:shrug3:

The quality level of the guys he beats...

He beats guys who have very established names with a strong jab, and better boxing skill.

It's like Brady in the clutch. Completely unphased winning round after rounds against guys who were supposed world beaters...

He wasn't the spectacular guy.....He was the guy who made the spectacular guys look inferior

Watched a few errol spence fights..

giphy.gif

Can't wait for this lubin and charro fight tho. I see espn and ring both ranked Lubin as the #1 prospect in the game.

Back