Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
Yo anyone see that Chisora KO last night

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I didnt think Warrington had that performance in him either, fair play to dude... Him and Frampton had proper tear up, some how Warrington is finding alot more power in his punches as of late...

Ive not seen the US cards yet, the two massive UK cards (anyone catch them) took up the whole weekend... I seen the results though, someone drop cliff notes... People always gave me stick saying the Charlo bros were overrated... How did they look??? Ive seen Korobov a few times over here in UK, thought he could cause some trouble tbf...

Only saw the last fight Charlo vs Koborov

Charlo looked stiff he won that fight due to Koborov lack of activity for the second half of the fight i was super unimpressed

I wish I was going back to DC next week just to tell them niggaz that them boys ain't ready for canelo or ggg

They just not at that level.

But the one was still robbed

Jarret Hurd definitely not interested in Jermell no more...he going for Mall now ...but them niggas was overly disappointing especially Mall..I ain't gon speak on Mell fight no more..it is what it is...but WTF..I expected a knockout from Mall within first 5-6 rounds...how the fuck you almost LOSE to a muhfucka that had close 2 weeks to prepare for you...nigga should NEVER EVER speak GGG or Canelo's names again..most definitely not ready for either one...I doubt he even gets past Danny Jacobs at this point SMH

That shit was FILTHY last night. And a UNANIMOUS decision at that. That's what I can't get my head around.

I'd almost understand a split, but Charlo was the better boxer for 8 out of those 12 rounds.

Missed the fights yesterday passed out during the first Charlo fight.

Crazy he took an L.

Jarret Hurd definitely not interested in Jermell no more...he going for Mall now ...but them niggas was overly disappointing especially Mall..I ain't gon speak on Mell fight no more..it is what it is...but WTF..I expected a knockout from Mall within first 5-6 rounds...how the fuck you almost LOSE to a muhfucka that had close 2 weeks to prepare for you...nigga should NEVER EVER speak GGG or Canelo's names again..most definitely not ready for either one...I doubt he even gets past Danny Jacobs at this point SMH

you through danny in their like he is a throwaway.. hes not those two but he is better than Mall.

you through danny in their like he is a throwaway.. hes not those two but he is better than Mall.
I don't sleep on Danny...he definitely deserve another shot at GGG...I can't lie I thought Mall was better tho...I WAS WRONG big time...I know fighters match up differently but I don't think Danny would have struggled against Korobov like Mall did

I think Jermell won the fight, but props to tony, dude jab was on point. But when I was watching the fight I was thinking to myself why would shields let Jermall watch the fight knowing he up next. I would tell him to watch that shit later after his own fight. That shit would most def throw you off. Coming into the ring I told my pops he looks bothered.

Maybe he gets the bog fights now that he does look vulnerable now. I am not one that believes in the triangle theory of If he looks like shit against this person that GGG, Canelo or whoever else fucks him up, thats why you fight the fights.

https://www.boxingscene.com/josh-warrington-on-russell-valdez-santa-cruz-bring-them-on--134920

Josh Warrington on Russell, Valdez, Santa Cruz - Bring Them On!

Josh Warrington is content to remain an underdog but hopes there can be no doubting his status as one of the world’s best featherweights after a barnstorming victory over Carl Frampton.

The two combatants engaged in a contender for fight of the year at the Manchester Arena but Warrington largely came out on top of the numerous bruising exchanges to earn a unanimous decision win.

Warrington – who prevailed by two scores of 116-112 and one of 116-113 – therefore made a successful first defence of the IBF featherweight title he wrenched from Lee Selby in May and took his perfect professional record to 28-0.

As he had been against Selby at his beloved Elland Road, Leeds fighter Warrington was given little chance of succeeding against the bookmakers’ favourite and former two-weight world champion Frampton.

Warrington, though, made a mockery of those predictions and, although he admitted to having some pre-fight jitters, expects to be given his due credit after upsetting the odds once again.

He said: “I like the (underdog) title, it takes the pressure off.

“There were times throughout (Saturday) where it’s been an emotional roller coaster, thinking ‘am I at this level?’ But then I think ‘don’t be daft. I’ve trained 12 weeks like a demon’.

“Once I stepped into this arena, there was no way I was getting beat. I’ve just got something inside me that just won’t let me get beat.

“Carl Frampton and Lee Selby in the same year, if you’d have said to someone at the start of the year ‘Josh Warrington is going to beat those two back-to-back’, they’d have laughed at you.

“Maybe people will really start taking note now.

“I’m not the fastest, I’m not the strongest, I’m not the most intelligent boxer or the flashest boxer in there, but I go in there and I always wear my heart on my sleeve.

“I’ve been doubted from English title level all the way to the very, very top but I’m still here and 28-0 now.”

The affable Warrington sported bruises to his head and had the middle and ring fingers on his right hand bandaged at the post-fight press conference following his savage battle with Frampton.

The pair showed a healthy respect for each other in the build-up and Warrington was full of warm words for his beaten foe.

Warrington said: “He’s still got my full respect. He’s a tough, tough, tough man. There were times this week when I thought to myself ‘why didn’t we just have a steady one? Why did we go straight in there with Carl?’

“I was a fan before and I’m still a fan now. He’ll go down as one of the great champions at super-bantam and featherweight.”

The 28-year-old wants a unification fight across the Atlantic in the new year, with WBO champion Oscar Valdez, WBA titlist Leo Santa Cruz and WBC beltholder Gary Russell Jr in his sights.

He added: “Bring them on. They’re all brilliant fighters and I have respect for all of them but (I’ll fight) any one of them.

“I need to be a part of these big fights. I like it busy, it’s what keeps me going. Next year, we’ll take the boys Stateside, I wouldn’t mind a little away trip.”

Frampton’s future seems more uncertain after the second defeat of an illustrious professional career, with the 31-year-old Northern Irishman saying in the ring afterwards he would “figure out the next move”.

Frank Warren, who promotes both fighters and labelled Saturday night’s headliner “the best title fight I’ve ever seen in a British ring”, says he will back Frampton in whatever he chooses to do.

He said: “He’s not a stupid man, he’s a very sensible guy. I’m sure he’ll have a nice Christmas with his family and I don’t think this is the day to decide anything.

“He’ll go away and think about things and make a decision about what he wants to do in the future and whatever he wants to do, I’ll be 100 percent with him.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/lennox-lewis-joshua-not-want-wilder-fury-right-now--134919

Lennox Lewis: Joshua Does Not Want Wilder or Fury Right Now

In the opinion of former world heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis, WBO, IBF, IBO, WBA world champion Anthony Joshua is not looking for a fight with either Deontay Wilder or Tyson Fury.

He feels Joshua is more interested in fighting in the UK against easier opposition.

Wilder and Fury fought to a controversial twelve round split draw on December 1 at the Staples Cenert in Los Angeles, and now both boxers are being mentioned as potential foes for Joshua.

Joshua (22-0, 21 KOs) is likely returning to the ring on April 13 at Wembley Stadium in London.

The opponent is likely going to be Dillian Whyte, who this past Saturday night scored a brutal eleventh round knockout of Dereck Chisora at the O2 Arena in London.

While Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn is calling for fights with Wilder and Fury, Lewis advises the two boxers should go for a rematch because Joshua has no desire to fight them.

“I think they should have a rematch. Anthony Joshua can wait,” Lewis told CompuBox TV.

“He doesn’t want any of those guys. When he’s seen that fight he was like ‘wow, these guys can box’. He’s at a place in his career in boxing – obviously he can make the decisions.

“His decision is not to fight any of them at this moment.”

More and more as of late, there has been talk of Joshua making his debut in the United States - possibly against Jarrell Miller.

But Lewis thinks Joshua is more likely to want to stay at home.

“I don’t think he will come over here [to the USA] quite now,” said Lewis. "I think he’s too happy in England being protected and boxing in front of the British crowds.”

7C8C13AF-2811-4D7E-8394-BB3770BC058F.gif

https://www.boxingscene.com/thurman-2019-i-get-back-spence-crawford-fights-2020--134960

Thurman: In 2019 I Get-Back - Spence, Crawford Fights in 2020

WBA welterweight champion Keith Thurman (28-0, 22 KOs) is looking to take it easy in 2019.

Thurman has been out of the ring since March of 2017, when he won a twelve round split decision over Danny Garcia to unify the WBC, WBA world titles. He eventually lost the WBC title due to inactivity.

He's finally back in the ring on January 26th, when he defends his title against veteran welterweight Josesito Lopez at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Thurman's inactivity was due in part to several injuries that were suffered.

The two biggest fights for Thurman at the weight, are WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford and IBF world champion Errol Spence.

But Thurman is not planning to fight either man in 2019. He's not going to rush his comeback and intends to face one or both in 2020.

“What I need to do is come back in the ring, stay healthy, be active, have some great fights — or some good fights — this year and I think, we’ll possibly still save some of the great ones,” Thurman told Sporting News.

“We’re still in our prime. There’s still a little bit of time on the calendar. I like the year 2020, man. It just sounds really nice. It’s the Olympic year. I like the year 2020 because ’19 is the get-back year. ’19 Keith Thurman has to remind you who Keith Thurman is, why Keith Thurman is one of the baddest men at 147, why you need to always mention me when you mention the others … and, hopefully, put my name first.”

Thurman is looking to stage at least two fights in 2019, possibly three. He doesn't rule out the possibility of facing WBC champion Shawn Porter next year - or the winner of next month's bout between WBA "regular" champion Manny Pacquiao and Adrien Broner.

“At the end of the day, I’m here to make a statement that ‘One Time’ is back,” Thurman said.

“I’m going to do hopefully two fights this year and because of the long layoff — if I’m blessed, if it does not go into deep waters, if we’re able to shut this show down early in January — there’s a lot of room for the rest of the year. I would love to deep down — two [fights] is enough — but I would love to sneak in three fights and just be back active, so that I know I can bring my best into the sport. I got one belt, I’m missing one belt. So, that’s on my mind this year, in 2019, is to re-establish my own accomplishments and then move forward from there.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/lubins-trainer-ishe-smith-perfect-fight-this-moment--134970

Lubin's Trainer: Ishe Smith is The Perfect Fight at This Moment
By Ryan Burton

Erickson Lubin (19-1) returns to the ring on February 9th for the second time since losing to then WBC super welterweight champion Jermell Charlo. BoxingScene.com first reported that he will face former champion Ishe Smith (29-10) on the Gervonta Davis-Abner Mares undercard at the StubHub Center in Carson, Calif. Showtime will televise both bouts.

Smith previously held the IBF super welterweight title and in recent years has given the likes of Julian Williams and newly crowned WBC super welterweight champion Tony Harrison tough fights.

Lubin's trainer Kevin Cunningham believes this fight is coming at the perfect time. It will serve as a litmus test to see if he is fully back from the loss to Charlo.

"I think it is a good fight. Ishe is a seasoned vet, a former world champion. Lubin has to be on point and can’t be f***ing around with a guy like Ishe. He knows his way around the ring and has shown that he has a lot left," Cunningham told BoxingScene.com.

The winner of this fight will be in a good position to get a big fight with one of the Premier Boxing Champions other top super welterweights. Their loaded roster includes the previously mentioned Harrison, Charlo and Williams along with WBA/IBF champion Jarrett Hurd, former champion Erislandy Lara and others.

This will be Lubin's first fight since last April when he stopped Silverio Ortiz in 4 rounds. Even though he will have been out of the ring 10 months when he faces Smith, Cunningham has been impressed with what he has seen in camp. He believes that Lubin is close to being ready to step up again against the division's top fighters.

"It is the type of test Lubin needs at this point in his career. As for as Ishe, he needs a win over one of these guys so it makes sense on both ends. He has given these young guys tough fights so this will be good for Lubin," said Cunningham

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-amir-khan-not-an-easy-fight-terence-crawford--134938

Arum: Amir Khan is Not an Easy Fight For Terence Crawford

By Radio Rahim

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum, who promotes WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford, views Amir Khan as a tough opponent for his boxer.

Arum has presented a guaranteed offer of $5 million to Khan to face Crawford on March 23 at Madison Square Garden in New York, on ESPN Pay-Per-View.

But Khan also has an offer to face his domestic rival Kell Brook, in what would be a much bigger money fight back home.

Arum has no idea how the negotiations will play out, but he cautions that Khan is not an easy opponent as some critics have suggested.

"I've talked to Amir Khan, he seems interested in the fight. We'll have to see. I think it would make for a very interesting fight. I think Khan feels that he can give Crawford a real fight. We'll have to see, but it's not a done deal yet," Arum told BoxingScene.com.

"Crawford is not a big welterweight. He's a small welterweight. Khan is much bigger physically. Do I think Crawford beats Amir Khan? Yes, I think he beats him. But it is not an easy fight. Khan is a very, very slick, good boxer - and he showed that with Canelo, but Canelo was too big for him and ended up knocking him out."

In a recent interview, Khan seemed to be leaning in the direction of facing Brook, after the Sheffield fighter had a lackluster performance against Michael Zerafa.

"Crawford looked bigger to me because he's got a world title and he's one of the pound-for-pound best so that would have been a massive fight, but on top of that was Kell Brook's performance," Khan said to Daily Mail.

"I'll be going into this fight now favourite to win and probably knocking him out. I won't get credit for it, though, I'll beat him and they will still say, 'Oh, he was finished anyway'. I wish this fight had happened sooner. The reason it didn't is because he was running his mouth off. If he didn't do that it would have been different, but I still think it's a really big fight now and one that I win."

00df40ecdc2bc740b0c4098337f96344.gif

https://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-de-la-hoya-continue-feud-close-out-2018--134975

Mayweather, De La Hoya Continue Feud To Close Out 2018

2018 was filled with plenty of trash talk from active fighters.

But retired fighters, now full-time promoters - Floyd Mayweather and Oscar De La Hoya - traded heated words throughout the entire year.

Mayweather and De La Hoya have had a hostile relationship since their record setting pay-per-view fight in 2007 - which Mayweather won by way of a twelve round split decision.

De La Hoya retired from boxing in 2008, while Mayweather announced his retirement in August 2017 - although there are rumors he will face Manny Pacquiao in a potential rematch in 2019.

A few days ago, De La Hoya posted a very cryptic "Christmas message" on social media.

"Happy Merry Christmas Eve to everyone who is great full and optimistic about life and positive about everything that doesn’t go your way. Life is truly beautiful if you wake up every morning believing in yourself and in others. And to the haters go f*** your self. Hoho," De La Hoya wrote.

He later dropped a hint that his message was directed towards Mayweather.

And it didn't take long before Mayweather responded.

"I never claim to be a rocket scientist, but in the boxing ring I’m Albert Einstein. This is the same coke head talking about running for president in 2020," Mayweather wrote back.

De La Hoya also responded, stating that he posted his initial message with the hope that Mayweather would "take the bait" and respond.

But many fans questioned why De La Hoya would reignite his feud with Mayweather during a holiday weekend - especially since things appeared to be quiet between the two.

"Hahaha the idiot Floyd Mayweather took the bait, I intentionally misspelled to see if the dummy would respond and sure enough he did. Floyd have you apologized to all those women you hit and went to jail for? Just retire already and enjoy Golden Boy Boxing in 2019," De La Hoya wrote.

https://www.boxingscene.com/roach-adrien-broner-change-his-name-fugitive--134999

Roach: Adrien Broner Should Change His Name To "The Fugitive"

What would a Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao training camp be without a few bons mots from World-Famous Freddie Roach, the seven-time BWAA Trainer of the Year?

Upon hearing the news that Pacquiao’s opponent Adrien “The Problem” Broner had been arrested on Sunday in Broward County, Florida, on a bench warrant for failure to appear in court (https://www.tmz.com/2018/12/26/adrien-broner-arrested-mug-shot-smiling-christmas-florida/?vtest=100), a seemingly chronic issue for the four-division world champion, Roach had this to say:

“Sounds like Adrien should change his ring name from ‘The Problem’ to ‘The Fugitive.’ This may be the first time I face a corner that includes a bail bondsman!”

Back