Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
I just missed the whole fight....

Had a tree fall and been cutting that up all day. Then i was grilling and sat down and hopped on here and realized what time it is smh.

Yea I fuck with key,was help up for 2 years and came back with a vengeance no easy fights. Loma don't want that Garcia smoke.

I admire Mikey's ambition, heart and all that good shit..but Spence is gonna Drago his ass...but that's what he wants so......

https://www.boxingscene.com/joshua-vs-usyk-showdown-future-possibility-says-hearn--130419

Joshua vs. Usyk Showdown is Future Possibility, Says Hearn
By Chris McKenna, courtesy of The Daily Star

ANTHONY JOSHUA could be set for a clash with cruiserweight king Oleksandr Usyk in April.

The Ukrainian has emerged as a possible opponent for the Brit’s Wembley date next year if a deal cannot be agreed with Deontay Wilder.

WBA, IBF, IBO and WBO heavyweight champion Joshua faces Alexander Povetkin, 38, on September 22 at the national stadium.

Then he wants to face WBC title holder Wilder, 32, to become the first undisputed ruler of the division since fellow Brit Lennox Lewis.

But Usyk, 31 – who beat Murat Gassiev last week to win all four belts at cruiserweight – has already told Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn he wants the fight.

But if he beats the Liverpool fighter, 35, then he could step up to heavyweight to take on Joshua, 28, on April 13.

Hearn said: “Everybody seems to want to fight Joshua because he is the biggest fight in boxing.

“Usyk’s plan is to fight Joshua and we have a plan for Usyk to get to Joshua.

“He would have to go through Tony Bellew. My only priority for Usyk is Tony Bellew – but he has the ability to be in some huge heavyweight fights.

“That is the fight Usyk’s guys want down the line. They also know there are other fights to mould into the division.

“But it could possibly be in April. Joshua wants the Usyk fight, he is fascinated by that kind of thing because he wants to test himself against people who he thinks are brilliant. He thinks Usyk is brilliant.

“Joshua is up for it. But I think Usyk will struggle against the big boys like any cruiserweight would.”

Hearn is continuing talks with the Ukrainian’s promoters – the Klitschko brothers’ K2 – over a date with Bellew later this year.

He wants the fight at The O2 Arena in London where Bellew beat David Haye twice in his last two fights at heavyweight.

But the Liverpool fighter, who once held the WBC cruiserweight title, will only take the fight at 14st 4lbs as he wants to be undisputed champion.

Hearn added: “The first person Usyk called out after beating Gassiev and becoming undisputed champion was Bellew, which was remarkable.

“Tony phoned me straight away to make the fight and said he would knock him out.

“He said it has to be for all the belts at cruiserweight.

"With Usyk, he is arguably pound-for-pound No.1 in the world. He is certainly top three so if Tony Bellew beats him does that make him No.1? That’s what you’re gambling on.

“Tony Bellew needs something, he’s made his money and he still wants paying.

“But this is something that says, ‘If you win this you’re unified cruiserweight champion and go down as one of Britain’s all-time greats’.

“That does appeal to him. We have made them some offers to talk numbers.”

Here’s more proof that Wilder vs Popcorn Muscles ain’t happening anytime soon...

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-id-like-deontay-wilder-fight-chisora-whyte--130420

Hearn: I'd Like Deontay Wilder To Fight Chisora or Whyte
By Tris Dixon

PROMOTER Eddie Hearn was not lost for words but he was running out of superlatives to describe Dereck Chisora’s performance after eight blistering rounds against Carlos Takam.

As Chisora dug deep into the trenches, it started to look bleak for the Englishman and Hearn did not see a way for his man to win.

“I didn’t,” Eddie admitted. “I wasn’t sure he could win the fight and during the fight I couldn’t see a way. How can you do that to Takam? You can’t really out-tough him. You can’t trade with him. You can’t really outwork him. So how do you beat him? Chisora has never been renowned for having the power to crush people. And in the seventh round I was thinking maybe they should pull him [Chisora] out, that he was taking too much punishment. And when he threw that right hand… Wow. It was a great finish.”

Two right hands dropped Takam twice. The second time he went down and out.

“Before the fight I felt Dereck could win,” Hearn added. “He had a bad shoulder going in and he hurt his hand [in the fight], but he can fight. He’s tough. And technically he’s very good. He was catching on the inside, ripping them to the body…”

What now for Chisora, who has put himself right back in the mix at heavyweight?

“Him and Dillian [Whyte] is a great fight,” said Hearn. “I’d like one of them to fight [Deontay] Wilder. So I’m going to go back to Wilder. I don’t think he fancies Dillian Whyte. Dillian is horrible to fight. He’s a handful. But maybe after the 12th round he thinks, ‘Oh.’ But maybe he will go for Chisora.”

50147B38-7614-4F96-A828-D417DFDA51FB.gif

Bunny should be in contact immediately to see when Floyd got time for him. Dude got all time potential

You tripping like shit. Easter can get a whole lot better but nothing about him says or has shown he has all time potential.

I agree that he should be better than what he is and his ring IQ should be better but all time potential just ain't there. That also doesn't mean that he can't have damn good career.

What skill or ability have you seen from Easter that is great but just hasn't been developed? Saying a person has all time potential IMO means they've shown some type of great skill or ability and I just haven't seen anything from Easter that is actually great. Doesn't have great speed, power, foot movement, ring iq, etc.

Id take pre hiatus fury over wilder with no hesitation... i dont know if i could trust fury now.

I wouldn't take fury now either. IMO Fury taking this fight too soon. Fury hoping for a KO cause he can't go a lot of rounds with the shape he is in.

You tripping like shit. Easter can get a whole lot better but nothing about him says or has shown he has all time potential.

I agree that he should be better than what he is and his ring IQ should be better but all time potential just ain't there. That also doesn't mean that he can't have damn good career.

What skill or ability have you seen from Easter that is great but just hasn't been developed? Saying a person has all time potential IMO means they've shown some type of great skill or ability and I just haven't seen anything from Easter that is actually great. Doesn't have great speed, power, foot movement, ring iq, etc.

This.. He is ordinary thats not bad he has a damn good jab.. But as someone said he has terrible footwork and shells up.. aint nothing special about him. he doesnt diversify his attack. He seems to think his stature is enough without accentuating it.

I meant to say this the other day . One of the most underrated attributes in boxing is poise.. We saw that from Mikey.. most of the times when people arent getting off.. cant find the openings earlier they either panic or get over eager.. Took mikey a minute to negotiate the distance while he was under fire from the consistent jab work.. he stuck to his plan droped that power jab on him and broke dude down..

Its a certain amount of intestinal fortitude that easter doesnt have mental focus,toughness.. Easter is the Kelly Pavlik of Lamont Petersons b

You know how many boxers are attribute away from greatness.. its doesn't sound insurmountable but they are na dime a dozen... that shit comes from within..

I

If a champion can get a whole lot better, how is his potential not infinite? Dude fought a smarter, more sound fighter but if he was sound his self, wouldn’t shit Mikey been able to do no matter how great a ring IQ

Footwork alone would have changed that whole fight. Dude a 5”11 lightweight and can crack. Nice arsenal/punch variety. Mikey could only get to him when he sat right in front of him and his positioning/footwork was so messy, Mikey just had to wait for him to stop moving and Easter would oblige.I’m not sure what the issue is with my perspective . Seem like s reach. Carl Froch is an hall of Famer and one of the best to lace, ain’t shit special about his boxing ability.

A sharper/more focus Easter is a monster at 135 and potentially 140 down the line

The issue with your perspective is that you saying he has all time potential when he doesn't have not one all time ability or skill. Saying Easter can get a whole lot better is just showing how bad he is at the moment. Says absolutely nothing about potential being infinite. Don't even see how you could equate that shit. A fighter with all time potential doesn't get beat like he did by a fighter like Garcia. Garcia is good but he is not great IMO. I say that because usually that one great skill or ability said fighter has will have some impact in the fight. With Easter that just didn't happen because he doesn't have one.

Carl Froch ain't no where near of the best to lace up any got damn thing when it comes to boxing. Froch had a good career but the shit you talking doesn't even make sense.

That is most focused Easter has ever been. He got a new trainer, moved his camp down to Florida and left all the distractions back at home. So how could he have been more focused? I can somewhat give you he could've been sharper since it was his first fight with his new trainer.

Back