Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

Where 50 at?

hqdefault.jpg

Believe it or not I understand Masai Ujiri being interested in taking the Knicks job....the competive mindset of being a GM is different than a player, once you've accomplished the goal of turning a franchise around and winning a championship you probably want that rush of looking at all the pieces on the chess board and starting from scratch

Obviously the money and living in New York is attractive but if I a could have guaranteed complete autonomy to do what I want and how I wanted to do it, I would absolutely welcome the challenge of turning the Knicks around and take that job

Why does Miami want Joel so bad? They got Bam.

And that dickhead doesn't speak for....about Embiid. I'm almost with him on Ben, tho.

Trade Simmons, AND Al, and work from there

Believe it or not I understand Masai Ujiri being interested in taking the Knicks job....the competive mindset of being a GM is different than a player, once you've accomplished the goal of turning a franchise around and winning a championship you probably want that rush of looking at all the pieces on the chess board and starting from scratch

Obviously the money and living in New York is attractive but if I a could have guaranteed complete autonomy to do what I want and how I wanted to do it, I would absolutely welcome the challenge of turning the Knicks around and take that job
It’s why when I play realgm in 2k I always pick a bottom 5 team

i want to build the franchise back up and be the reason why it’s doing well.

a new challenge

Why does Miami want Joel so bad? They got Bam.

And that dickhead doesn't speak for....about Embiid. I'm almost with him on Ben, tho.

Trade Simmons, AND Al, and work from there

Real talk trade neither.

Trade Al, and all the other players if you need too.

Fire the coach and get a better offensive minded coach.

If none of that works, trade Embiid and keep Ben because you can build a modern team around Ben that Ben will run to perfection, but since its a modern offense they can hit shots and play fast paced when hes sitting.

I love Embiids game but a team built around Embiid needs Embiid to play 35 minutes a night and play hard and Embiid is too injury prone and always out of shape.

Last edited:

I agree in theory.

Masai already the top gm in the league and he has to know that if he can turn the Knicks around and have them win one ring he would be in the convo with Jerry West and Pat as the greatest executive of the modern era.

With that said I think Masai smart enough to know how that Dolan cant give him full autonomy. Dolan would promise it, want to do it, but the mfer cant help himself. Fuck around and get booed once and he will be on Masai telling him what to do.

I think if the Knicks had a hands off owner and were just bad cause the last few gm hires were bad, Masai would have considered it.

But if im Masai and I see how Dolan moves, why would I ever set myself up for failure.

Everything with the Ball family is on tape, so in last week’s episode “Ballin’ in the Big Easy” viewers got to see LaVar and his wife, Tina, visit Lonzo in New Orleans for the season opener last fall. It also happened to be his birthday (Oct. 27), and LaVar’s gift was ... a basket of Big Baller Brand gear with a sales pitch on the side.

LaVar pitched his son on the additions to the ZO2 line — the shoes he put on blast — with a T-shirt that read “Family Don’t Break Up.” And at a different dinner that same time period, he went into the sales pitch again and said his sons should put their money together to build the company back up.

Haven’t Watched This In A Min Hows Tina?

Agreed.

Cant deny him being great at his job though.

Only thing is I wish he would shut the fuck up and play his position as a marketting/branding guy.

He said he was gonna be NYs drake. Like yo who the fuck is you?
Na Stoute Is A Name Out Here A Clown To Most Higher UPS But His Name Rings Bells

Back