Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

Do you truly believe one of the teams could be down by 20 after 3 in this new format?
I don’t think that matters because a team might be playing hard but if the ball don’t go in the hoop then....

also I have to have this stance because I’m just presenting the “possibility” which is why I don’t think belief matters

So your answer is......
Don’t be that guy man

how am I supposed to know that? The teams aren’t even announced. You being bullheaded implies that you are saying there’s no way the game can’t be close after 3. I’m saying there’s a possibility it still might not from a team being hotter

belief does not matter when discussing scenarios

Don’t be that guy man

how am I supposed to know that? The teams aren’t even announced. You being bullheaded implies that you are saying there’s no way the game can’t be close after 3. I’m saying there’s a possibility it still might not from a team being hotter

Be what guy? Now your ability to prognosticate has stopped functioning? You know if you truly believe that the scenario you put forth is actually probable or not, or if you're simply playing devil's advocate. So the question is quite simple, do you truly believe the scenario you put forth is probable?

Be what guy? Now your ability to prognosticate has stopped functioning? You know if you truly believe that the scenario you put forth is actually probable or not, or if you're simply playing devil's advocate. So the question is quite simple, do you truly believe the scenario you put forth is probable?
I’m playing devils advocate because I wanna give both sides instead of just complaining. And anything is probable. How probable is the real question...

You’re making it seem like it’s impossible a team could be losing by 20 going into the 4th because they have to “play hard”

You can play hard all you want but if the other team keeps sinking threes while you miss shots over the course of 3 mins then...

I do think it’s more probable that it’s close but I was giving the example of the other end of the spectrum of why this format change might hurt the game

I’m playing devils advocate because I wanna give both sides instead of just complaining. And anything is probable. How probable is the real question...

You’re making it seem like it’s impossible a team could be losing by 20 going into the 4th because they have to “play hard”

You can play hard all you want but if the other team keeps sinking threes while you miss shots over the course of 3 mins then...

I do think it’s more probable that it’s close but I was giving the example of the other end of the spectrum of why this format change might hurt the game

I'm not making it seem like anything. I asked a simple question that you assumed had more meaning than it did. I think it's highly improbable that a team would be down 20 but anything is possible. I just wanted to know if you truly believed it would play out like that or not. If you did, I had more questions. But you don't really believe it will play out that way either.

I'm not making it seem like anything. I asked a simple question that you assumed had more meaning than it did. I think it's highly improbable that a team would be down 20 but anything is possible. I just wanted to know if you truly believed it would play out like that or not. If you did, I had more questions. But you don't really believe it will play out that way either.
You’re asking a question that’s honestly hard to answer

but for the sake of not being difficult and to satisfy you (I’m not being condescending lol) I’ll say I think there’s a better chance of it being a close game which is why I kinda like the change in theory.

You may proceed with a follow up question

You’re asking a question that’s honestly hard to answer

but for the sake of not being difficult and to satisfy you (I’m not being condescending lol) I’ll say I think there’s a better chance of it being a close game which is why I kinda like the change in theory.

You may proceed with a follow up question

I don't have any follow ups because you just said you think it will be close due to the change. I have questions for those that truly believe this could lead to meaningless fourth quarters due to blow outs.

I don't have any follow ups because you just said you think it will be close due to the change. I have questions for those that truly believe this could lead to meaningless fourth quarters due to blow outs.
Ahh gotcha but just as much as I think it can be close is how much I think it could be a double digit deficit

50/50 honestly on the probability scale

Back