Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

If guys are posting up like 5 times a game and turns the ball over twice, scores twice and miss once how is that enough of an educated guess? Numbers too low to truly quantify. Big men are spotting up or pick and rolling more now than posting up.

Multiplied by 30 teams and 82 game days.

Impressive

I hope next season with Dantoni and Morey gone, they can put a nice system around Harden and have him play within a team scheme and get his points within the offense so he can finally start getting his props and recognition.

As of now even with Hardens incredible run of offense the last few years most of us look at it like if other super star caliber players had his usage rate they could get the same numbers.

Kind of proven when you think about westbrook getting averaging a 30 point tripple double multiple times when he his usage was as high as Harden.

Either way Harden deserves more props and hopefully without dantoni and morey he will get his props in a nice team system.

With all due respect no it doesnt.

Youre literally arguing that 2+2 doesnt equal 4 at this point.
I’m saying if every team is posting up way less than they used to that doesn’t prove that it’s ineffective not enough quantify of possessions to prove or disprove it. But I seen 30-40 years of data showing that post ups are effective unless the last 5 years>>30/40 years?

I hope next season with Dantoni and Morey gone, they can put a nice system around Harden and have him play within a team scheme and get his points within the offense so he can finally start getting his props and recognition.

As of now even with Hardens incredible run of offense the last few years most of us look at it like if other super star caliber players had his usage rate they could get the same numbers.

Kind of proven when you think about westbrook getting averaging a 30 point tripple double multiple times when he his usage was as high as Harden.

Either way Harden deserves more props and hopefully without dantoni and morey he will get his props in a nice team system.
Maybe if the euro in Dallas does this then it’ll be different.

He needs to show up in the playoffs to get respect.

5 straight years he's flamed out and lost a deciding game on his home court

I’m saying if every team is posting up way less than they used to that doesn’t prove that it’s ineffective not enough quantify of possessions to prove or disprove it. But I seen 30-40 years of data showing that post ups are effective unless the last 5 years>>30/40 years?
I am not trying to be a dick here. Can u point me to this data. I have been looking for it, can’t find any detailed post up data apart from the 5 years on the NBA stats website.

I am not trying to be a dick here. Can u point me to this data. I have been looking for it, can’t find any detailed post up data apart from the 5 years on the NBA stats website.
Watching it on my tv seeing old clips of Kareem and Wilt and Walton, watching Hakeem and Ewing and Robinson and Shaq back people down and score lay ups and dunks.

Watching it on my tv seeing old clips of Kareem and Wilt and Walton, watching Hakeem and Ewing and Robinson and Shaq back people down and score lay ups and dunks.
Those guys u are listing are some of the greatest of all time. U know there might be a very good chance they were the outliers when it comes to effectiveness in the post.

And some of them might not have even been as effective in the post as u remember, which is why I was looking for detailed stats from back then. I don’t know.

The whole league slowly transitioned from reliance on post play to barely using it at all. They can’t ALL be the dumb ones and u be the one who has his finger on the pulse.

Those guys u are listing are some of the greatest of all time. U know there might be a very good chance they were the outliers when it comes to effectiveness in the post.

And some of them might not have even been as effective in the post as u remember, which is why I was looking for detailed stats from back then. I don’t know.

The whole league slowly transitioned from reliance on post play to barely using it at all. They can’t ALL be the dumb ones and u be the one who has his finger on the pulse.
I also saw Rik Smits, Dino Radja, Rony Seikaly, Brad Daugherty etc post up too. You’re telling me post ups aren’t effective because it’s just not effective. I wanna hear what makes it not effective and why.

Strongly disagree about any superstar with similar usage would put up the same numbers

Westbrook wasnt nearly as efficient and his team wasnt as good

That's a big difference when you're making that comparison

lll
To simplify my question what makes this “inefficient”
View attachment 207106
But this is considered “efficient”

View attachment 207108
giphy.gif

Strongly disagree about any superstar with similar usage would put up the same numbers

Westbrook wasnt nearly as efficient and his team wasnt as good

That's a big difference when you're making that comparison

Westbrook wasnt as efficient but Harden aint efficient either.

Just saying when you look at the two people with the highest usage rates, you got one averaging 37 and go on a mean ass offensive run and the other averages a 30 point triple double.

Also I never meant westbrook can do what harden is doing, westbrook isnt as good as Harden. Only used westbrook as an example to show that high ass usage rate from a super star leads to wild shit.

But if we just saying offense, im talking players like Durant, Curry, Bron, Kyrie, and even Doncic could average 37.

I mean KD actually did that in his mvp season during the stretch that westbrook was injured. Ended the season averaging 32 on 50-40-90 and he didnt take nearly as many shots at Harden.

Im not saying Harden aint a beast, im saying he deserves his props and imo if he averages 31 within a team offense he will get more props than averaging 37 as the team offense.

Back