Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

Let me get serious for a sec

I think the Zion injury, favors mother passing coupled with his injuries really took the pelicans plans off the rails.

I'll add in NAW's struggles to adjust to the real season and lonzo's... regression maybe, as well have contributed.

If it's time to blow it up now, then my only question is what for? Are they going to take on even younger players when they're already trying to develop the ones on the current roster and they have Didi coming over next year or do they give some team cap relief and get some decently paid veterans?

I honestly don't know

You got your two corner stones in zion and ingram. You put them with other young guys, a player development heavy coach and staff, a few veterans for the locker room, and let them get better year by year with no expectations.

The move to keep jrue, add favors and jj added expectation to them. Trading them and going totally young like say the Hawks is the move imo. Except yall would be further along cause yall got your 1A and 1B players.

Thats how I would handle it.

You got your two corner stones in zion and ingram. You put them with other young guys, a player development heavy coach and staff, a few veterans for the locker room, and let them get better year by year with no expectations.

The move to keep jrue, add favors and jj added expectation to them. Trading them and going totally young like say the Hawks is the move imo. Except yall would be further along cause yall got your 1A and 1B players.

Focus should be making sure that they lock down BI for the foreseeable future and don't let him end up coming back home in free agency.

Preciate the perspective

I always appreciate your perspective

Pick a team you feel is in contention that would trade for jrue's services that will have the pieces needed to obtain him without compromising what they currently have

Edit, I meant JJ but give your thoughts on both
Miami

sorry I’ll step back and let you talk to him though

Let me get serious for a sec

I think the Zion injury, favors mother passing coupled with his injuries really took the pelicans plans off the rails.

I'll add in NAW's struggles to adjust to the real season and lonzo's... regression maybe, as well have contributed.

If it's time to blow it up now, then my only question is what for? Are they going to take on even younger players even they're already trying to develop the ones on the current roster and they have Didi coming over next year or do they give some team cap relief and get some decently paid veterans?

I honestly don't know
You have to factor in the owner financial contribution and a major part of our branding this off-season was culuture of won't bow down, and kicking people ass and not putting pressure on Zion and this is Jrue Holiday team, combined with asking the city to invest in the team and be patient with them but losing and playing the way we are was NEVER expected based on the goals and investments Griffin and Galye have done. To have Jrue Holiday in trade talks right now is admitting failure but also showing ticket purchases, the city, owner, and even the locker room that we won't just settle (won't bow down ) to just accepting anything as a progress. We can be a lottery team this year and still develop a culture culuture. What we are doing right now is not working and changes unfortunately has to be made.

You have to factor in the owner financial contribution and a major part of our branding this off-season was culuture of won't bow down, and kicking people ass and not putting pressure on Zion and this is Jrue Holiday team, combined with asking the city to invest in the team and be patient with them but losing and playing the way we are was NEVER expected based on the goals and investments Griffin and Galye have done. To have Jrue Holiday in trade talks right now is admitting failure but also showing ticket purchases, the city, owner, and even the locker room that we won't just settle (won't bow down ) to just accepting anything as a progress. We can be a lottery team this year and still develop a culture culuture. What we are doing right now is not working and changes unfortunately has to be made.
This is one pov or Griff is telling people unless your offer is gonna blow me out of the water, then no need in us talking

Been reading some thoughts on my TL. Basically, the Pelicans as of now have no remaining roster spaces. They would have to cut guys to take on more guys in a trade

Trading jrue in the summer is the best way, provided any of this is true so you can know which FA guys to target. This is mainly for the rest of the league and not the pelicans

Lastly, jrue is the only guard now capable of getting his own shot in the paint and is the teams best perimeter defender.

All this must be taken into consideration if they've decided to part ways with him.

So again, the deal has to be worth it for the Pelicans as they are in no hurry to ship him off.

If you not gonna be on the clown shit, then I would like to read your proposal as well
Bro stop prefacing your posts like this

And actually never mind, Jrue not gonna exercise his option for 2021-2022 and trading for him is cool if we weren’t trying to be in the running for Giannis

But I do know Justise, dragic, and something to the effect of a first rounder or DJJ possibly

Last edited:
Jrue on the Heat would be nasty

Miami doesnt have the picks but they have some interesting pieces(expirings, young players ect) to make a nice trade at some point this season for someone

I understand not compromising the cap space and idk if Jrue is the move but Miami is very close to being the favorite to come out of the east

I fuck with the Heat roster heavy

Jrue on the Heat would be nasty

Miami doesnt have the picks but they have some interesting pieces(expirings, young players ect) to make a nice trade at some point this season for someone

I understand not compromising the cap space and idk if Jrue is the move but Miami is very close to being the favorite to come out of the east

I fuck with the Heat roster heavy
Yeah idk if I wanna punt on Giannis but a lineup that has

Jrue
Butler
Bam
Maybe DJJ

in it is seriously probably the best defensive group in the league

With the flashes he's shown lately, how long before P is playing up to his true potential/ability?

Back