Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

Stein ain't got the juice
Stein has had close connections with the Pelicans in the past but I'm unsure if that applies to Griffin front office. AP you be talking like everything is sweet man, it's not about playoffs, it never was bro, it's all about how we go about playing and losing 13 games straight ain't no veterans gonna want to be apart of that shit. A cause for concern is real bro bro.

Bruh i dont buy it. Everyone is available on the Pelicans.

This is just good gm work by david griffin. JJ is their best trade piece when it comes to need for other teams. Idc how much shooting you got on your team, you always need more shooting and it dont get better than JJ when it comes to shooting.

So griff says JJ is untouchable, probably promised jj he would eventually trade him just needs him to say hes not going anywhere to drive the price up.

A situation where they trade Jrue but keep JJ would be stupid as fuck. Either keep shit together or blow it up, but dont half blow it up and keep JJ of all people. And i fuck with JJ.

Reactions: Mister and AP2.5
Stein has had close connections with the Pelicans in the past but I'm unsure if that applies to Griffin front office. AP you be talking like everything is sweet man, it's not about playoffs, it never was bro, it's all about how we go about playing and losing 13 games straight ain't no veterans gonna want to be apart of that shit. A cause for concern is real bro bro.
I realize everything ain't sweet, but I'm also not wasting my time discussing low hanging fruit

I can address the teams deficiencies and still remain positive about the development of the young guys

I know a couple cats that got the juice so I'll ask them to see what chatter they're hearing

But just think about this for a sec. Griff from day one has always talked how jrue is an integral part of the direction he would like the team to go. So I'm not sure why he or anyone from his camp would leak something like this and ruin that unless it's a clear directive of jrue. If he wants out, I'm sure Stein wouldn't have to say league sources

He's doing what a lot of people are doing this time of the year and that's chasing smoke hoping there's a fire.

One proposal I saw was to the heat believe it or not but it basically guts them which I'm sure they don't want to do because the asking price will be that steep

Reactions: silverfoxx
Bruh i dont buy it. Everyone is available on the Pelicans.

This is just good gm work by david griffin. JJ is their best trade piece when it comes to need for other teams. Idc how much shooting you got on your team, you always need more shooting and it dont get better than JJ when it comes to shooting.

So griff says JJ is untouchable, probably promised jj he would eventually trade him just needs him to say hes not going anywhere to drive the price up.

A situation where they trade Jrue but keep JJ would be stupid as fuck. Either keep shit together or blow it up, but dont half blow it up and keep JJ of all people. And i fuck with JJ.
I always appreciate your perspective

Pick a team you feel is in contention that would trade for jrue's services that will have the pieces needed to obtain him without compromising what they currently have

Edit, I meant JJ but give your thoughts on both

I know Jrue and JJ bet not get traded. Not after @AP21 was so condescending in his response to me asking what the Pelicans can get for those two. Bet not.
Did you ever answer?

I honestly don't remember

I apologize if I came off condescending

I always appreciate your perspective

Pick a team you feel is in contention that would trade for jrue's services that will have the pieces needed to obtain him without compromising what they currently have

Edit, I meant JJ but give your thoughts on both

The Bucks need shooting bad and they have the pacers picks and their own. I could see a first rounder and robin lopez and who ever else to make salaries match.

The Nuggets need shooting bad and got some interesting young pieces.

The Sixers need shooting but JJ might not wanna go back.

The Celtics need shooting and got enough picks. a package with kanter and a first rounder could happen.

Lakers and Clippers would love JJ but dont have nothing to trade.

The heat I dont think will give up any of their young guys since they are all playing great. Maybe if they had picks.

Utah needs a floor spacer bad.

The list goes on. Everyone needs shooters, and JJ is the best shooter anyone can get by far.

Id be really disappointed in Griff if they are serious about everyone being available except JJ.

I dont see a contender going for Jrue. Thats more of a middle of the pack to move up in the rankings move. Like the Uta signing Conley. The move has been a failure so far but you get the point.

Last edited:
Reactions: southsil4lil
Did you ever answer?

I honestly don't remember

I apologize if I came off condescending

How do you answer "Nothing"? Then some stuff about a context tweet you didn't want to post? What was there to answer?

Let me get serious for a sec

I think the Zion injury, favors mother passing coupled with his injuries really took the pelicans plans off the rails.

I'll add in NAW's struggles to adjust to the real season and lonzo's... regression maybe, as well have contributed.

If it's time to blow it up now, then my only question is what for? Are they going to take on even younger players when they're already trying to develop the ones on the current roster and they have Didi coming over next year or do they give some team cap relief and get some decently paid veterans?

I honestly don't know

Reactions: AZTG
I realize everything ain't sweet, but I'm also not wasting my time discussing low hanging fruit

I can address the teams deficiencies and still remain positive about the development of the young guys

I know a couple cats that got the juice so I'll ask them to see what chatter they're hearing

But just think about this for a sec. Griff from day one has always talked how jrue is an integral part of the direction he would like the team to go. So I'm not sure why he or anyone from his camp would leak something like this and ruin that unless it's a clear directive of jrue. If he wants out, I'm sure Stein wouldn't have to say league sources

He's doing what a lot of people are doing this time of the year and that's chasing smoke hoping there's a fire.

One proposal I saw was to the heat believe it or not but it basically guts them which I'm sure they don't want to do because the asking price will be that steep
I feel you on everything you say. My concern is having a team of bunch of young guys who don't know how to win and eventually don't do what it takes to win. The other concern is that Stein is NOT one of those dudes to start smoke fam. Never have, and that's his reputation. When he put shit out there, it's because someone with the team wanted it out. If Jrue is requesting a trade I have no problem with that, but we DEFINITELY have to keep some vets around which is why I would be cool with keeping JJ or trading him and Jrue off for a combination of vets and young players or vets and future high picks.

Reactions: AP2.5
How do you answer "Nothing"? Then some stuff about a context tweet you didn't want to post? What was there to answer?
Ahhh lol

I didn't post that tweet because it's becoming obvious that if you not cheering for the heat, Lakers, or rockets, people not really trying to engage in actual b-ball discussion.

And then in the event actual discussion is brought up, then it's met with some corny shit like Zion will be requesting a trade after his second year

Idk man lol

I feel you on everything you say. My concern is having a team of bunch of young guys who don't know how to win and eventually don't do what it takes to win. The other concern is that Stein is NOT one of those dudes to start smoke fam. Never have, and that's his reputation. When he put shit out there, it's because someone with the team wanted it out. If Jrue is requesting a trade I have no problem with that, but we DEFINITELY have to keep some vets around which is why I would be cool with keeping JJ or trading him and Jrue off for a combination of vets and young players or vets and future high picks.
Yeah

I just addressed this in my follow up post

But we're on the same page

I don't see us trading for anyone this season when we're trying to get in the room for Giannis