Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

That Kyrie instagram post was weird as shit.

Bruh fans boo when you leave their team. Aint no reason to make a bigger deal than it is. Mfer wrote a whole essay on why sports arent important, which is true. None of the mfers booing thought about him when they woke up this morning.

I wanna call him soft but ima hold off. My guy really seems to be bothered by the shit and he exhibits behavior of a person dealing with depression and that shit is no joke at all.

I really just wanna chalk the nigga up as a weirdo but I understand that I should be more understanding. Mental illness/depression is a very complicated issue which is why a lot of people (like me) don't have the proper patience for those afflicted.

Pretty good Tony Allen article on NBA.com

How did it make you feel to know that the Memphis Grizzlies planned on retiring your jersey?

I ain’t gonna lie, I got kind of emotional at the time they brought me the news. I can’t front. As it soaked in, I got to thinking more and more about everything I did just to prepare, from rehab to strength and conditioning, long nights in the gym, battling in practice, keying in on my opponents and all the homework in that, just the blood, sweat and tears in that grind, in that jersey and all that. They showed a lot of love. It had me teary, man. It was one of those really emotional moments because I was in the locker room with some good dudes, had some good coaches, some real big personalities. We changed the whole narrative to “grit and grind” and “we don’t bluff.” Before you knew it, teams were scared to see us and match up with us in the playoffs. It just shows what we embodied.

Jamal Murray, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Nickeil Alexander-Walker all announced their commitment on social media to the Canadian national team for the Olympic Qualifying Tournament next summer.

Canada last made the Olympics for basketball in 2000.
Victoria will host a qualifying tournament in late June, with Canada going against China, Czech Republic, Greece, Turkey and Uruguay for a place in the Tokyo Olympics

The Orlando Magic were granted tax relief for the remaining $16.7 million of Timofey Mozgov's contract, league sources told Shams Charania of The Athletic.
The Magic acquired Mozgov in July 2018, though Mozgov never played a game for the team and was waived last summer.
The Magic are now $7.8 million under the tax threshold according to ESPN.

Jamal Murray, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Nickeil Alexander-Walker all announced their commitment on social media to the Canadian national team for the Olympic Qualifying Tournament next summer.

Canada last made the Olympics for basketball in 2000.
Victoria will host a qualifying tournament in late June, with Canada going against China, Czech Republic, Greece, Turkey and Uruguay for a place in the Tokyo Olympics

If Wiggins stops being a hoe that team can actually be decent

Back