Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

Hindsight being 20/20 the answer is Sabonis. But at the time I would’ve took Chriss
So you woulda took Chriss based on his potential while sabonis was deemed nba ready going into the draft

Now if you was the team that drafted Chriss would you have the eat ass face now 3 years later when you see Sabonis putting up a dbl dbl almost nightly this year? Or would you still feel good about chriss reaching his potential?

This the shit i dont understand.

What about Knox shows you that he aint put in work?

Dude came back bigger and with a much smoother jumpshot and a consistent 3 point shot.

What makes you think he aint put in the work and gon continue doing so?

You really talking out your ass just to be talking bruh. Saying shit just to say it.

Its all good though. Just gotta remember where im at.

My guy is putting up worst numbers across the board with slightly better percentage from 3. He ain't shit. He ain't never gon be shit.

He's trash. Let me know when he's doing what a 9th pick is supposed to be doing. Worrying about Pascal and jimmy won't help you.

My guy is putting up worst numbers across the board with slightly better percentage from 3. He ain't shit. He ain't never gon be shit.

He's trash. Let me know when he's doing what a 9th pick is supposed to be doing. Worrying about Pascal and jimmy won't help you.

Knicks fans are worried about Frank doing what a 8th pick is supposed to be doing so Knox gonna have to wait in line

So you woulda took Chriss based on his potential while sabonis was deemed nba ready going into the draft

Now if you was the team that drafted Chriss would you have the eat ass face now 3 years later when you see Sabonis putting up a dbl dbl almost nightly this year? Or would you still feel good about chriss reaching his potential?

I really dont understand what going back after the fact accomplishes. How many people were saying Sabonis was gonna be better than Chris before the draft? The huge majority of people thought Chriss would be better.

You make the best pick with the info you have, and most times shit turns to a bust.

Would you still take Justice Winslow over Devin Booker knowing what you know 5 years later?

See how stupid that sounds?

I reallt dont understand what going back after the fact accomplishes. How many people were saying Sabonis was gonna be better than Chris before the draft? The huge majority of people thought Chriss would be better.

You make the best pick with the info you have, and most times shit turns to a bust.

Would you still take Justice Winslow over Devin Booker knowing what you know 5 years later?

Please do not butt in sir it’s why you are confused as to what point I am trying to make and I picked Sabonis because he picked chriss as an example

Only accepting responses from 5th letter thanksss

Please do not butt in sir it’s why you are confused as to what point I am trying to make and I picked Sabonis because he picked chriss as an example

Only accepting responses from 5th letter thanksss

My bad fam. Im at work bored in this meeting and forgot mfers just wanna get they jokes off.

I reallt dont understand what going back after the fact accomplishes. How many people were saying Sabonis was gonna be better than Chris before the draft? The huge majority of people thought Chriss would be better.

Niggas team success is inflating their heads way tooo much I wish I knew what that was like......

But they sound dumb af everyteam has been drafting bust there's a handful of teams that's been consistently drafting good picks to call anybody a bust in there second year is foolish

We just going to forget how many nba players have transformed? Ie Paul milsap nigga was a undersized garbage man pf and turned into a top to sf for a few seasons I say sf because that's the skills he gravitated too

Niggas team success is inflating their heads way tooo much I wish I knew what that was like......

But they sound dumb af everyteam has been drafting bust there's a handful of teams that's been consistently drafting good picks to call anybody a bust in there second year is foolish

We just going to forget how many nba players have transformed? Ie Paul milsap nigga was a undersized garbage man pf and turned into a top to sf for a few seasons I say sf because that's the skills he gravitated too
Thanks man

It’s a crapshoot all these players are nothing but potential. And obviously I would’ve been wrong.

Point is one was drafted purely on potential one was drafted based on where he was at and how he could deliver to the franchise going forward.

All were saying is the latter is the better way to draft and clearly the new wave gm's are on based on the past few drafts. Teams are taking less risks knowing theres a farm system they can place a player that's further along in the development process than a player that is pure potential. Grind >>>> potential. Potential is useless without superior grind.

It’s a crapshoot all these players are nothing but potential. And obviously I would’ve been wrong.
Yes now while there is no sure fire way to know how good Sabonis was gonna be, teams are shying away from drafting off of potential and would rather go with the guy that’s more ready to contribute now

So the Chriss/Sabonis example was used to kind of illustrate why I support the stance of NBA ready vs Potential and teams going more on the other direction now

Thank you for your cooperation you were great

Yes now while there is no sure fire way to know how good Sabonis was gonna be, teams are shying away from drafting off of potential and would rather go with the guy that’s more ready to contribute now

So the Chriss/Sabonis example was used to kind of illustrate why I support the stance of NBA ready vs Potential and teams going more on the other direction now

Thank you for your cooperation you were great
I could flip that argument the other direction but it’s cool

Kevin Knox sucks ass though

Knick fans love bigging up their homegrown players like they aren’t 7th man in the rotation good.

Y’all gotta pray that Kevin Knox is as good as Maurice Harkless

Point is one was drafted purely on potential one was drafted based on where he was at and how he could deliver to the franchise going forward.

All were saying is the latter is the better way to draft and clearly the new wave gm's are on based on the past few drafts. Teams are taking less risks knowing theres a farm system they can place a player that's further along in the development process than a player that is pure potential. Grind >>>> potential. Potential is useless without superior grind.

And ill agree with that.

Only thing ill say is players like Siakim and Butler are rare. Most players picked later in the first round are never gonna get as good as them no matter how hard they work.

I think what you are saying is harder to do with top 10 picks cause talent is the only thing you cant teach and some of these mfers are so talented teams will pick them and hope they will work hard.

And ill agree with that.

Only thing ill say is players like Siakim and Butler are rare. Most players picked later in the first round are never gonna get as good as them no matter how hard they work.

I think what you are saying is harder to do with top 10 picks cause talent is the only thing you cant teach and some of these mfers are so talented teams will pick them and hope they will work hard.

You're not noticing these players are becoming less of a rarity.

But whatever. I be trying to give you niggas teachable moments.

Kevin Knox sucks ass though

Knick fans love bigging up their homegrown players like they aren’t 7th man in the rotation good.

Y’all gotta pray that Kevin Knox is as good as Maurice Harkless

Fam me and @ghostdenithegawd the only active Knicks fan here and neither said knox gonna be a star. I always said he will be a good to maybe great player, but never a first option. And ghost actually said he sucks.

Plus i been consistent with giving young players 3-4 years before judging them. Even with faggot ass ben simmons.

Show me who said Knox is good right now and ill slap him for you.

Ima chill and let you live though.

Back