Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

A 73 regular season win team lost in the finals.

But people here are saying they didn't need KD the following season?

A 73 regular season win team lost in the finals.

But people here are saying they didn't need KD the following season?
He wasn't needed the year before and if Draymond didn't go full stupid they would have won during their 73 win season. Don't die on this hill

Y'all acting like KD was just out there for cardio.

I'm sure James harden thought he would be in the finals every year to come after they made it while he was in OKC. Hell, everyone thought OKC was going to be the next budding team in the west competing for titles every year.

Next thing you know, harden, KD, Russ, ilbaka are no longer on the team.

The next year isn't guaranteed like you think. Unforeseen shit always happens.

He wasn't needed the year before and if Draymond didn't go full stupid they would have won during their 73 win season. Don't die on this hill
You go with the information you have. No one knows what would've happened if Draymond doesn't get suspended. We like to think we do to give us a false sense of being one of the ones who got it right but that shit goes out the window once the ball is tipped.

It's just amazing to me y'all going through all of these hoops and rings trying to prove something about KD. It's mind boggling people truly think all rings are created equal.

"If you can't be them join them" ass people man. But no judging, I'ma chill, we all just built differently man.

It's just amazing to me y'all going through all of these hoops and rings trying to prove something about KD. It's mind boggling people truly think all rings are created equal.

"If you can't be them join them" ass people man. But no judging, I'ma chill, we all just built differently man.

You cool bro but honestly you’re putting a lot into it to claim we’re the ones jumping through hoops. If putting asterisks and shit on KD’s rings makes you feel better then go right ahead. To be honest, I’ve only ever heard that shit on the internet lol.

I’ll give you that the landscape is different. Maybe back in the 80s and 90s the superstars weren’t itching to team up like that. That’s cool. We’re in a different time now. There’s no rivalries now like there were back then. Most of the players are cool with each other. Which means at some point if given the opportunity they’ll try to play together. Just the way it is.

They lost the final in 2016 Draymond crying in the car and shit
They won the next 2 championships w KD as the finals MVP they needed him, ain’t no easy ship

y’all gotta stop letting Skip Bayless Form y’all sports opinions

I hear y'all man, y'all think they needed KD to win rings, when all the data and analytics showed as long as Draymond green wasn't doing dumb shit, that their core of Barnes, Iggy, Green, Curry, and Thompson was enough man. To play the what ifs and we don't know the future game is greatly ignoring probabilities of what them boys were building.

And we acting like not having one of the best 3 and D players ever, the greatest shooter ever, and one of the most diverse defensive genius players ever a minor thing because KD is one of the greatest scorers ever. The argument you guys are making is vastly ignoring the scheming nightmares that this causes for opposing teams and coaches.

For example, you put the your best defender on KD on the Thunder and you chances to limit Westbrook to shooting a stupid jumper he will brick or some shit. You put your best defender on KD on the Warriors, and you a multitude of issues to deal with because he has the greatest shooting back court ever in his back pocket lol.

To say "KD help them get over the hump" is not telling the whole story at all. Like of course he did. And of course they did everything in their power to assimilate his game in their system. But to act like he wasn't a luxury and was "needed" is suuuuuuuuper crazy to me. It's just not true. Them niggas was going to be great without him and it's high-key disrespectful to what they were doing before he got there to think otherwise. Look at there scoring efficiency, how beautiful they passed the ball, the defense collectiveness, etc. It's a reason why KD wanted to be there but it's also a reason why he didn't have to go there for them to be great.

That KD to GSW move remind me of the dude leaving B2K and Marques Houston team to go to the popping white boys group in You got Served lol.

KD still got a long ass way ahead of him before his legacy is complete.

If he wins a ring with the next year, the whole narrarive changes.

Or if the warriors come back and win a ring without him, the whole narrative changes again.

Back