Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

The Lakers dominated the western conference playoffs, we didn’t hear a peep about a 1-16. They dominate the first 2 games of the finals and all we heard was we need a 1-16 format. Then the Heat won game 3....
uhhhh

thats not why people were saying a 1 -16 format

it was for the meddling under .500 teams in the east that were making the playoffs as 6-8th seeds while the those 6th - 10th seeds in the WC were only separated by like a game or two but had winning records

im slightly exaggerating but my point still remains

the top seeds have never been in question

Miami may have overachieved by some people's standards, but they beat all the top seeded teams that they faced in the EC playoffs. They have earned their right to be in the finals.

uhhhh

it was for the meddling under .500 teams in the east that were making the playoffs as 6-8th seeds while the those 6th - 10th seeds in the WC were only separated by like a game or two but had winning records

Miami may have overachieved by some people's standards, but they beat all the top seeded teams that they faced in the EC playoffs. They have earned their right to be in the finals.

1-16 would be a disaster.

imagine a LA vs NYK first round

It would be so many days off between games due to travel

You acting like niggas flying over to china. That's a 4 hour flight. They wouldn't need anymore downtime than they already get.

uhhhh

So I’m making up what I’m saying?

so the knicks havent made the playoffs in what...over a decade?

they gonna go from that to a top 16 team overnight?

so your example doesnt work

So I’m making up what I’m saying?
im not saying you're making it up...what im saying is, whoever is trying to use that as an opposition to 1-16 is not smart when it comes to basketball.

you want teams with best records. Period

not teams that make it due to the rest of their conference bein butt

just reseed the shit after you get the top 16.

Travel not an issue anyway with the current playoff format

im not saying you're making it up...what im saying is, whoever is trying to use that as an opposition to 1-16 is not smart when it comes to basketball.

you want teams with best records. Period

not teams that make it due to the rest of their conference bein butt

just reseed the shit after you get the top 16.

Travel not an issue anyway with the current playoff format
Huh? Their point was the Heat getting destroyed in the first 2 games was proof we need 1-16.

Huh? Their point was the Heat getting destroyed in the first 2 games was proof we need 1-16.
again...not smart at basketball

the heat losing has nothing to do from a competitive standpoint.

edit:

5th...i see the confusion after rereading a post i made

i dont think they need 1-16 just because the heat lost and im curious as to how that person or people came to that conclusion

again...not smart at basketball

the heat losing has nothing to do from a competitive standpoint.

edit:

5th...i see the confusion after rereading a post i made

i dont think they need 1-16 just because the heat lost and im curious as to how that person or people came to that conclusion
Confirmation bias

now what are you talking about
Confirmation bias is when you believe something and then that something happens which in theory proves your bias. If they think the East is weak and a western conference team dominates an eastern conference team through 2 games then that confirms their bias.

Confirmation bias is when you believe something and then that something happens which in theory proves your bias. If they think the East is weak and a western conference team dominates an eastern conference team through 2 games then that confirms their bias.
oh i thought you were saying that's what I was doing

Back