Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

You’re arguing points I never made

why are you bringing up title contention? I just said Simmons is the better player to keep for the team they will have if MDA signs
Embiid is the better player to have if they want to win a championship. Both of them gives them a better chance to win than just one. Unless they’re okay being a mid tier team...

Embiid is the better player to have if they want to win a championship. Both of them gives them a better chance to win than just one. Unless they’re okay being a mid tier team...
You’re saying Simmons, Richardson, tobias and whoever they trade Embiid for couldn’t be enough to win a championship?

even though it’s documented Simmons plays better without Embiid? You don’t think a spaced out lineup with a 6’10 point forward would be less ideal?

The original question is how successful are teams when the best player offensively is the center? You brought up Jokic and I said is he their best player offensively or is it Murray..I then said even if it’s Jokic it’s the exception because Jokic is better than Embiid anyways because of his playmaking

You want Embiid to be the best player on a MDA run and gun team....tell me that’s not worse than having Simmons surround by shooters in that same system and no Embiid to clog up the lane...

Either acknowledge that I’m right or go on and celebrate Garrett temple day
Yes he’s their best player offensively. Don’t let recency bias cloud you.

Embiid’s value defensively. This years playoffs has proven that having interior defender is still valuable you should know that considering what Bam has been doing. Look at the Lakers with AD/Dwight and Javale. No coincidence that they’re both in the Finals.

I’ll let you know if we do a Garrett Temple day.

You’re saying Simmons, Richardson, tobias and whoever they trade Embiid for couldn’t be enough to win a championship?

even though it’s documented Simmons plays better without Embiid? You don’t think a spaced out lineup with a 6’10 point forward would be less ideal?
That’s a 5th seed and maybe 2nd round appearance at best. But then again it depends who they trade Embiid for. Your trade proposal would have them being another Pacers...

That’s a 5th seed and maybe 2nd round appearance at best. But then again it depends who they trade Embiid for. Your trade proposal would have them being another Pacers...
Miami a 5th seed in the finals though ?

also as much as you talk about Embiid defensively...you still have Simmons who is elite and you still have j rich who was great in Miami. You just make the move obviously in that trade to get a solid rim protector/runner

which is why I said hield, richaun Holmes (who plays extremely well when he gets the mins) and a FRP so you still get a solid big in return who can eat in MDA system

Who says I would trade Simmons?

The original proposal was Simmons or Embiid being gone

let me know about Garrett temple I heard they was giving out bevel clippers in the gift bags

Miami a 5th seed in the finals though ?

also as much as you talk about Embiid defensively...you still have Simmons who is elite and you still have j rich who was great in Miami. You just make the move obviously in that trade to get a solid rim protector/runner

which is why I said hield, richaun Holmes (who plays extremely well when he gets the mins) and a FRP so you still get a solid big in return who can eat in MDA system
You ignored my point about interior defense>>perimeter defense. You can’t simply plug and play and ole defensive big. Because Bam can score. AD and Dwight can score.

Simmons needs to man up and really stop being scared to shoot that’s what’s holding them back. If that happens it’s easier for them to play off each other.

You ignored my point about interior defense>>perimeter defense. You can’t simply plug and play and ole defensive big. Because Bam can score. AD and Dwight can score.

Simmons needs to man up and really stop being scared to shoot that’s what’s holding them back. If that happens it’s easier for them to play off each other.

I didn’t skip over if you really aren’t privy to what Holmes can do then just say that lol

also horford is still on the roster trade him if need be or see if he’s enough for positional defense

you don’t need Simmons to shoot if he’s surrounded by shooters at every other position on the floor

I didn’t skip over if you really aren’t privy to what Holmes can do then just say that lol

also horford is still on the roster trade him if need be or see if he’s enough for positional defense

you don’t need Simmons to shoot if he’s surrounded by shooters at every other position on the floor

Do your feel Ben is just a younger Butler with better playmaking ability and size ?

Do your feel Ben is just a younger Butler with better playmaking ability and size ?
No. Ben is not a gritty player he’s mainly finesse as he’s a more meek mixture of Giannis and Lebron in the open floor and playmaking he also has the defensive ability of a Kyle Lowry without the toughness veteran savvy

he just has the mindset of Kyle kuzma and Harrison Barnes so he’s never dominating

Will Simmons hit his free throws late in games or will he be a none factor late in games cause hes scared of getting fouled?

Simmons has a huge flaw in his game and is easy to game plan for .

Hes a worse version of Giannis, and we saw Giannis get destroyed 2 playoffs in row due to his inability to shoot.

And Ben is a much worse shooter than Giannis.

So yea, im taking Embiid.

Health is the only issue with Embiid.

And im not even shitting on Ben. Hes a great player and hopefully he keeps getting better.

This is just Ben compared to Embiid.

Will Simmons hit his free throws late in games or will he be a none factor late in games cause hes scared of getting fouled?

Simmons has a huge flaw in his game and is easy to game plan for .

Hes a worse version of Giannis, and we saw Giannis get destroyed 2 playoffs in row due to his inability to shoot.

And Ben is a much worse shooter than Giannis.

So yea, im taking Embiid.

Health is the only issue with Embiid.

And im not even shitting on Ben. Hes a great player and hopefully he keeps getting better.

This is just Ben compared to Embiid.
Why you help him out? Lol

okay fair enough

I would have to rely on natural progression as a player and having enough pieces on the team where Simmons can’t kill you like that but it’s valid what you’re saying

And idk I’m taking youth, fit, health into account more than FT shooting down the stretch but that’s just me

Dwight went to the finals not being able to shoot and not being able to FTs all that well and Giannis has two MVPs to show for this so far

I’ll take that over fat Embiid trying to keep up on a MDA ran team until he hurts himself

Why you help him out? Lol

okay fair enough

I would have to rely on natural progression as a player and having enough pieces on the team where Simmons can’t kill you like that but it’s valid what you’re saying

And idk I’m taking youth, fit, health into account more than FT shooting down the stretch but that’s just me

Dwight went to the finals not being able to shoot and not being able to FTs all that well and Giannis has two MVPs to show for this so far

I’ll take that over fat Embiid trying to keep up on a MDA ran team until he hurts himself

Lmao. My bad I didnt know it was just a yall thing

Holmes is cool but you lose a lot with him over Embiid. Horford is washed. Giannis shoots though since that’s who you’re saying Simmons role would be...

Back