Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

Lebron would literally run through all 5 players and get to the rim at will in the 80s. Once he got used to the physical play, its over.

Lets take the most freakishly atheltic player of the most athletic era of basketball, and put him in a much less athletic era. How will he fail?

And lol at Bron crying to much. Like the goat didnt cry and throw fits after getting touched all the time.

Matterfact, fuck all yall for having me defend bron. Smh.

Ima digress and let yall saddle back on Jordan and the 80s and 90s.

Did you read my quote? Lmao

I didn't say anything about Bron crying and I said he would do well back then but his lack of shooting touch would hurt him some.

Problem is you can’t just imagine them with the skills they have today. They worked on those abilities by watching cats before them.

80’s KD probably grows up playing like Ralph Sampson. Bron probably would’ve been sent to the block and become a Karl Malone type.

All that cross era drop a player in it and what happens is stupid.

Problem is you can’t just imagine them with the skills they have today. They worked on those abilities by watching cats before them.

80’s KD probably grows up playing like Ralph Sampson. Bron probably would’ve been sent to the block and become a Karl Malone type.

All that cross era drop a player in it and what happens is stupid.

Man shut yo logical ass up @BDBIID

Man I need to rant about this.

We all love Jordan. Almost all of us got Jordan as the GOAT, his greatness is not up for debate.

But man the Jordan dick riding since his documentary been coming out is fucking disgusting. I know there isnt shit else to talk about so they gotta rehash these old ass topics, but daaaamn im tired of it. I dont even watch espn or any sports channels these days. Havent in weeks. And i still see Jordan this, and this mfer cant compare to Jordan, etc everywhere.

For the record, Jordan was way more athletically gifted than anyone else in his era. So imagine if you put Bron in that era. What are the 80s and 90s players gonna do against a 6'8 mfer who is stronger, faster, and jumps higher than everyone, plus has one of the best iqs of all time? Same with KD. What can anyone from the 80s and 90s do against a mfer thats 7 foot tall and has point skills, and is the best socerer ever?

Saying Bron and KD wouldnt be able to adjust to the physicallity of the 80s and 90s is bs, and these are supposed to be professional sports analysts.

Stop the dick riding.

Dont have to shit on Bron or KD to give Jordan his props.
Maybe this is what MJ meant that people were gonna hate him after this doc.He knew the revisionists would go overboard. Lol. I agree with ya tho. If Karl Malone can become the second leading scorer of all time off mid range jumpers and free throws, I have no doubt in my mind that Lebron would of killed them dudes back then. Clyde Drexler and Dr. J's dribble game was trash and they were legends. No way in hell KD wouldn't have destroyed whoever was trying to check him.

Also @BDBIID post is on point. Today's players most likely would be brought up with different skill sets and playing different positions so all we are doing is daydreaming.

Last edited:
Steve Nash take on the different era's (got this from a realGM thread) the stuff after what Simmons and Nash said is by the poster on that site and is not my views.

Here's the excerpt:

Steve Nash says about Grant Hill and the old school game "It was a different game then. They could put two hands on you, they could forearm you, they could knock you down, it was SUPER PHYSICAL and for him to be able to do it in an era where there were less possessions and it was LIKE WRESTLING out there!!!

Bill Simmons: "And then David Stern CHANGED THE RULES so you could succeed, you were the IMPETUS!!!"

Steve Nash: "Laughs! Changed my career. It think David Stern saw me and said this poor kid, if they can put their hands on him HE'S COOKED!!!"

RealGM poster: That is basically how the manufactured modern NBA was born. Guys like LeBron, Durant, Giannis, Westbrook, Curry, Harden, Rose and all the other early 2000's “I wanna be like Mike” perimeter primadonnas including Kobe, Carter, McGrady and Iverson are/were illusions brought to the forefront in an attempt to re-create the excellence of Michael Jordan and the Dream Team generation which could not happen unless extensive rule changes took place.

Last edited:
Back