Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

AI was great and context definitely matters, numbers don't tell the whole story.

He didn't have a soul on his team to carry the scoring load.

Aaron McKie? Nigga only averaged 12 points when he won 6th man.

Larry Hughes? Eric Snow? Theo Ratliff? A young Iggy? A young korver? FOH

So much is placed on carrying a team but he did that. He couldn't have possibly been expected to win with any of those rosters which is why he demanded a trade and rightfully so.

Pretty sure he lead the league in minutes when he was in Philly because they just didn't have enough so naturally his fg% would go down because he was taking all the shots.

When Iverson got moved to Denver his fg% went up because he was playing on a much better team. He actually played some of the best basketball of his career with the Nuggets but that gets overlooked.

Melo was his best teammate by far and we know how much shit he gets for his career.

And not to mention AI was a much better passer than he gets credit for.

You pretty much stated everything I was going to.

Stats don't always tell the full story. I can understand why people would choose Wade over Iverson but to say the comparison isn't close or Wade Is a waaaaay better player is a bit much

This doesn't make sense when majority of us around that age range grew up when AI was the most popular player in the league. He was idolized by that age range

People older than that a lot of them hated AI because of his image and "carrying" and mfers younger than that don't give af about AI.
Yeah I thought he was off with that age thing too

Okay that’s all I needed my friend

You noticed initially I didn't say who was the better player. Lmao.

I do think Iverson is a better player than Westbrook though. I believe Westbrook was figuring out how to calm himself down this season which is good. Westbrook's biggest issue is he tries to do too much which can manifest into bad basketball IQ displays.

I'm rooting for him to exercise those demons though

You noticed initially I didn't say who was the better player. Lmao.

I do think Iverson is a better player than Westbrook though. I believe Westbrook was figuring out how to calm himself down this season which is good. Westbrook's biggest issue is he tries to do too much which can manifest into bad basketball IQ displays.

I'm rooting for him to exercise those demons though
I think Westbrook’s versatility on offense as far as rebs, assists, scoring makes him better overall imo

iverson could probably execute better in crunch time though if you needed a bucket

Westbrook I think when he retires will end up ahead of iverson

I think Westbrook’s versatility on offense as far as rebs, assists, scoring makes him better overall imo

iverson could probably execute better in crunch time though if you needed a bucket

Westbrook I think when he retires will end up ahead of iverson

It's a different type of game now. Numbers don't always tell the whole story like many have stated already.

It's a different type of game now. Numbers don't always tell the whole story like many have stated already.
That’s true it’s why I can’t agree with how good harden is (not better than Wade, but probably AI)

but I do think Westbrook can do what Iverson can’t and that’s really what I mean

stats aside

That’s true it’s why I can’t agree with how good harden is (not better than Wade, but probably AI)

but I do think Westbrook can do what Iverson can’t and that’s really what I mean

stats aside

Westbrook definitely deserves credit for the outstanding numbers he has put up but getting assist are easier than in the past. Back in the day (before Iverson also) the pass had to directly lead to a score. Now guys can take a dribble or two and score and it counts as an assist.

Rebounding is way easier for wings and guards now due to less big guys getting run and the ones that do get playing time hang out further away from the hoop. More teams also play small now than in the past which helps with wings and guards getting boards. Not to mention more long rebounds due to teams shooting more long jump shots. OKC designed their whole scheme to help Westbrook get defensive rebounds so they could play faster on offense.

Back