Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

“I had the opportunity to play with great players in the NBA, but they were all crybabies, like Kevin Love, for example. Minnesota Timberwolves GM wanted me to apologize to all the players on the way I behaved, and I didn’t want to apologize to those crybabies. You have a guy like Kevin Love, and don’t get me wrong I don’t have the right to talk about anything because of the way I played, and he achieved much more than I ever did. But he is a type of guy that is not satisfied if he doesn’t score 20 points and grabs ten rebounds even though we won the game. He was unhappy in the locker room and was even close to crying, and he is supposed to be your go-to guy in a championship team?”

https%3A%2F%2Fmedia0.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FeaLAQlhJO4vL2%2Fsource.gif

My 1996 NBA Redraft
My criteria is BPA based on teams need at the time.

1. Philadelphia 76ers- Allen Iverson
1. Redraft- Kobe Bryant (he and Stackhouse would form a nice wing duo and Bryant would play significant minutes right away)

2. Toronto Raptors- Marcus Camby
2. Redraft- Ray Allen (he and Stoudomire would solidify their backcourt)

3. Vancouver Grizzlies- Shareef Abdur-Rahim
3. Redraft- Allen Iverson (if the Grizz got AI they probably never leave Vancouver, gives them a marketable superstar)

4. Milwaukee Bucks- Stephon Marbury
4. Redraft- Steve Nash (The Bucks would need to be patient but the fruits of their patience would pay off down the road)

5. Minnesota Timberwolves- Ray Allen
5. Redraft- Jermaine O'Neal (Would replace Christian Laettner in the front court and would most importantly play right away)

6. Boston Celtics- Antoine Walker
6. Redraft- Pick stays as is

7. Los Angeles Clippers- Lorenzen Wright
7. Redraft- Marcus Camby

8. New Jersey Nets- Kerry Kittles
8. Redraft- Stephon Marbury (replaces Kenny Anderson)

9. Dallas Mavericks- Samaki Walker
9. Redraft- Shareef Abdur-Rahim (played 10 years but was an All Star caliber player in 8/10 seasons)

10. Indiana Pacers- Erick Dampier
10. Redraft- Zydrunas Ilgauskas (would be their starting center within a year)

11. Golden State Warriors- Todd Fuller
11. Redraft- Peja Stojakovic (they may need to wait 2 years but he'll be ready to step in once he comes over from Europe)

12. Cleveland Cavaliers- Vitaly Potapenko
12. Redraft- Ben Wallace (would provide much needed depth to their weak front court and could play 2 positions)

13. Charlotte Hornets- Kobe Bryant
13. Redraft- Kerry Kittles (would become their new starting 2 guard and provide much need perimeter defense and adds to their 3 point shooters)

14. Sacramento Kings- Peja Stojakovic
14. Redraft- Derek Fisher (would immediately become their starting point guard)

15. Phoenix Suns- Steve Nash
15. Redraft- Lorenzen Wright (they were thin at the center position and he's the best center available)

16. Charlotte Hornets- Tony Delk
16. Redraft- pick stays as is

17. Portland Trailblazers- Jermaine O'Neal
17. Redraft- Samaki Walker (would be seen as a more pro ready prospect and cracks their rotation from day 1)

18. New York Knicks- John Wallace
18. Redraft- Erick Dampier (gives them a solid backup center who could be a spot starter at times when Ewing is hurt)

19. New York Knicks- Walter McCarty
19. Redraft- Jerome Williams (his stlyle of play would make him a fan favorite in NY and he would fit in on those late 90's Knicks)

20. Cleveland Cavaliers- Zydrunas Ilgauskas
20 Redraft- Walter McCarty

21. New York Knicks- Dontae Jones
21. Redraft- Erick Strickland (versatile guard that can play and defend 2 positions, provides another scorer off the bench)

22. Vancouver Grizzlies- Roy Rogers
22. Redraft- Malik Rose (adds much needed depth to their frontcourt and would probably start for them)

23. Denver Nuggets- Efthimios Rentzias
23. Redraft- Jeff McInnis (they took him in the 2nd round in the actual draft)

24. Los Angeles Lakers- Derek Fisher
24. Redraft- Moochie Norris (solid backup PG and shooter)

25. Utah Jazz- Martin Muursepp
25. Redraft- Vitaly Potapenko (adds much needed depth at center and is better than guys like Greg Foster and Adam Keefe)

26. Detroit Pistons- Jerome Williams
26. Redraft- Othella Harrington (solid scorer and hustle player)

27. Orlando Magic- Brian Evans
27. Redraft- Shandon Anderson (would crack their rotation immediately could play the 2 or 3)

28. Atlanta Hawks- Priest Lauderdale
28. Redraft- Chucky Atkins (provides much needed PG help, defense, shooting and facilitator)

29. Chicago Bulls- Travis Knight
29. Redraft- John Wallace (versatile big that can stretch the floor, as well as play 3 positions)
Thanks man

“I had the opportunity to play with great players in the NBA, but they were all crybabies, like Kevin Love, for example. Minnesota Timberwolves GM wanted me to apologize to all the players on the way I behaved, and I didn’t want to apologize to those crybabies. You have a guy like Kevin Love, and don’t get me wrong I don’t have the right to talk about anything because of the way I played, and he achieved much more than I ever did. But he is a type of guy that is not satisfied if he doesn’t score 20 points and grabs ten rebounds even though we won the game. He was unhappy in the locker room and was even close to crying, and he is supposed to be your go-to guy in a championship team?”

Darko needs to stfu

Why is Darko speaking? Better yet, who gave a fuck enough to give him a platform?

And Kareem is VERY disrespected in NBA lore. ESPECIALLY by this new generation. These super-new muhfuckas out here act like the NBA started in 1991.

Once y'all realize that a majority of people put MJ in such high regard because of his impact in sneaker culture, that will help you filter out opinions better and not get upset at the majority of trash opinions out there

I don't get mad. I've always viewed the MJ/Kareem dynamic as this:

MJ is the most popular and well loved player in NBA history, based on endorsements, shoe deals, and overall TV exposure.
Kareem is the greatest player in history, based on rings, MVPs and overall elite category standings (not to mention degree of league difficulty in winning these things)

There's a difference.

Last edited:
Back