Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

Didn’t care who was on the floor he had the confidence a lot of players didn’t have

You have to have players like that on your team. That's why Quinn Cook was someone I wanted on the Lakers. They added Waiters so I think they've reached the maximum amount of overconfidence allowed on one team.

Today? Lebron.

And rightfully so. Hes the only one who can be mentioned.

So if its Jordan, Kareem, and Bron as the goats by consesus, how can it be said hes underrared in thay category. Literally one of the only 3 people named.

Plus none casual ball players still have kareem as number two by consensus.

To me Kareem has a legit case for goat over Jordan. I just dont see how it can be said he dont get mentioned. Cant be in the consesus top 3 and be underrated. Thats my only point.

And rightfully so. Hes the only one who can be mentioned.

So if its Jordan, Kareem, and Bron as the goats by consesus, how can it be said hes underrared in thay category. Literally one of the only 3 people named.

Plus none casual ball players still have kareem as number two by consensus.

To me Kareem has a legit case for goat over Jordan. I just dont see how it can be said he dont get mentioned. Cant be in the consesus top 3 and be underrated. Thats my only point.

He may be mentioned but outside of cats my age and older, he's usually never called the GOAT. That's usually Jordan. Now you'll see Lebron outright called the GOAT by the young crowd. The fact that that last sentence is true, along with the bold, is why the article is needed in my opinion.

My 1996 NBA Redraft
My criteria is BPA based on teams need at the time.

1. Philadelphia 76ers- Allen Iverson
1. Redraft- Kobe Bryant (he and Stackhouse would form a nice wing duo and Bryant would play significant minutes right away)

2. Toronto Raptors- Marcus Camby
2. Redraft- Ray Allen (he and Stoudomire would solidify their backcourt)

3. Vancouver Grizzlies- Shareef Abdur-Rahim
3. Redraft- Allen Iverson (if the Grizz got AI they probably never leave Vancouver, gives them a marketable superstar)

4. Milwaukee Bucks- Stephon Marbury
4. Redraft- Steve Nash (The Bucks would need to be patient but the fruits of their patience would pay off down the road)

5. Minnesota Timberwolves- Ray Allen
5. Redraft- Jermaine O'Neal (Would replace Christian Laettner in the front court and would most importantly play right away)

6. Boston Celtics- Antoine Walker
6. Redraft- Pick stays as is

7. Los Angeles Clippers- Lorenzen Wright
7. Redraft- Marcus Camby

8. New Jersey Nets- Kerry Kittles
8. Redraft- Stephon Marbury (replaces Kenny Anderson)

9. Dallas Mavericks- Samaki Walker
9. Redraft- Shareef Abdur-Rahim (played 10 years but was an All Star caliber player in 8/10 seasons)

10. Indiana Pacers- Erick Dampier
10. Redraft- Zydrunas Ilgauskas (would be their starting center within a year)

11. Golden State Warriors- Todd Fuller
11. Redraft- Peja Stojakovic (they may need to wait 2 years but he'll be ready to step in once he comes over from Europe)

12. Cleveland Cavaliers- Vitaly Potapenko
12. Redraft- Ben Wallace (would provide much needed depth to their weak front court and could play 2 positions)

13. Charlotte Hornets- Kobe Bryant
13. Redraft- Kerry Kittles (would become their new starting 2 guard and provide much need perimeter defense and adds to their 3 point shooters)

14. Sacramento Kings- Peja Stojakovic
14. Redraft- Derek Fisher (would immediately become their starting point guard)

15. Phoenix Suns- Steve Nash
15. Redraft- Lorenzen Wright (they were thin at the center position and he's the best center available)

16. Charlotte Hornets- Tony Delk
16. Redraft- pick stays as is

17. Portland Trailblazers- Jermaine O'Neal
17. Redraft- Samaki Walker (would be seen as a more pro ready prospect and cracks their rotation from day 1)

18. New York Knicks- John Wallace
18. Redraft- Erick Dampier (gives them a solid backup center who could be a spot starter at times when Ewing is hurt)

19. New York Knicks- Walter McCarty
19. Redraft- Jerome Williams (his stlyle of play would make him a fan favorite in NY and he would fit in on those late 90's Knicks)

20. Cleveland Cavaliers- Zydrunas Ilgauskas
20 Redraft- Walter McCarty

21. New York Knicks- Dontae Jones
21. Redraft- Erick Strickland (versatile guard that can play and defend 2 positions, provides another scorer off the bench)

22. Vancouver Grizzlies- Roy Rogers
22. Redraft- Malik Rose (adds much needed depth to their frontcourt and would probably start for them)

23. Denver Nuggets- Efthimios Rentzias
23. Redraft- Jeff McInnis (they took him in the 2nd round in the actual draft)

24. Los Angeles Lakers- Derek Fisher
24. Redraft- Moochie Norris (solid backup PG and shooter)

25. Utah Jazz- Martin Muursepp
25. Redraft- Vitaly Potapenko (adds much needed depth at center and is better than guys like Greg Foster and Adam Keefe)

26. Detroit Pistons- Jerome Williams
26. Redraft- Othella Harrington (solid scorer and hustle player)

27. Orlando Magic- Brian Evans
27. Redraft- Shandon Anderson (would crack their rotation immediately could play the 2 or 3)

28. Atlanta Hawks- Priest Lauderdale
28. Redraft- Chucky Atkins (provides much needed PG help, defense, shooting and facilitator)

29. Chicago Bulls- Travis Knight
29. Redraft- John Wallace (versatile big that can stretch the floor, as well as play 3 positions)

He may be mentioned but outside of cats my age and older, he's usually never called the GOAT. That's usually Jordan. Now you'll see Lebron outright called the GOAT by the young crowd. The fact that that last sentence is true, along with the bold, is why the article is needed in my opinion.

I feel you. Educate the young. But every generation got their goat. The generation older than you gives it to Bill Russell. Your generation to Kareem. My generation to MJ. Current gen to Bron.

Back