Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's funny about this is...

I'll say this. A lot of people pain this return to Africa as being a homecoming for black people. But blacks in the greater diaspora didn't just leave Africa a generation or two ago. We've been gone for centuries. Good or bad, we're acclimated to life in the West. A lot of us would be fish out of water if we just randomly went back. It's sort of like the whole thing with the Dreamers. They don't want to go back to their home country because all they know is America and because America has better opportunities for them. In that case, you're only talking about one generation and sometimes not even that. Imagine how it would be for a lot of blacks going back to Africa. The only two groups of blacks I could see benefitting from that are 1) well off blacks that have resources or skills that would allow them to thrive anywhere and 2) blacks that don't really have shit or are out of place in the West. I think it would be a mistake for anyone that has built a relatively decent life in America to think that they could go to any country in Africa and it would automatically be like this cathartic experience where they feel like they've returned home.

I'll say this. A lot of people pain this return to Africa as being a homecoming for black people. But blacks in the greater diaspora didn't just leave Africa a generation or two ago. We've been gone for centuries. Good or bad, we're acclimated to life in the West. A lot of us would be fish out of water if we just randomly went back. It's sort of like the whole thing with the Dreamers. They don't want to go back to their home country because all they know is America and because America has better opportunities for them. In that case, you're only talking about one generation and sometimes not even that. Imagine how it would be for a lot of blacks going back to Africa. The only two groups of blacks I could see benefitting from that are 1) well off blacks that have resources or skills that would allow them to thrive anywhere and 2) blacks that don't really have shit or are out of place in the West. I think it would be a mistake for anyone that has built a relatively decent life in America to think that they could go to any country in Africa and it would automatically be like this cathartic experience where they feel like they've returned home.

It's supposed to be the year of return and your can get dual citizenship.

Like tubby said....It's catering to black Americans.

But the real questions are.....Is it just black Americans with money or will they take the poor and hire them within the local economies.
And are the dual citizenship open to everyone?
And with this dual citizenship does that come with paying taxes twice?

I didn't do much research into it, but the little I did do....I think people might have jumped too fast without fully understanding.

I hate to see my people taken advantage of. It has happened so many times by everyone...I'm skeptical of everything.
Still ain’t call your son I assume bitch nigga

@Duwop you got me rolling right now
bruh, i got so much for my take on africa.....

niggaz really think wakanda real.....

shit even the government think wakanda real....

i tell niggaz they needa celebrate the black people in america who overcame adversity and defined our people and let go of fictional expectations of a people who's lifestyles and struggles are disconnected from us....and i'm geeking...

so whenever i hear shit ain't so good for black folk in any part of africa, imma just pretend to be as shocked as the rest of the niggaz who think i was geeking

like oh shit.....they getting ran outta countries... violence all over the continent. africans coming over to america in large groups for education and opportunities??

like forreal, i thought everybody over there was kings and queens??

If people are grown and can read and write and they CHOOSE to move too fast. Are they really being taken advantage of?

I did some research on that citizenship shit as well. Didn't seem like a good move IMO. Paying taxes twice would be some bullshit especially if I ain't make any money over there.

With dual citizenship do folks really get all the privileges of native citizens?

Thing is most countries don’t do that born here you’re a citizen shit like the US I wouldn’t invest in shit unless I knew my family born there could get full benefit

i tell niggaz they needa celebrate the black people in america who overcame adversity and defined our people and let go of fictional expectations of a people who's lifestyles and struggles are disconnected from us....and i'm geeking...

so whenever i hear shit ain't so good for black folk in any part of africa, imma just pretend to be as shocked as the rest of the niggaz who think i was geeking

like oh shit.....they getting ran outta countries... violence all over the continent. africans coming over to america in large groups for education and opportunities??

thing is nobody except for the low esteem niggas would throw away what we have here for over seas. Like them moorish and Hebrew Israelite niggas who think black Americans are some cursed race

Told yall this clown ass nigga was a fucking fraud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Said on the IC and here.

From scientist to salesman How Bennet Omalu, doctor of ‘Concussion’ fame, built a career on distorted science

But across the brain science community, there is wide consensus on one thing: Omalu, the man considered by many the public face of CTE research, routinely exaggerates his accomplishments and dramatically overstates the known risks of CTE and contact sports, fueling misconceptions about the disease, according to interviews with more than 50 experts in neurodegenerative disease and brain injuries, and a review of more than 100 papers from peer-reviewed medical journals.

Omalu did not discover CTE, nor did he name the disease. The alarming statistics he recites about contact sports are distorted, according to the author of the studies that produced those figures. And while Omalu cultivates a reputation as the global authority on CTE, it’s unclear whether he is diagnosing it correctly, according to several experts on the disease.

I don’t think Africa some perfect holy land and it’s obvious different nations with vastly different cultures. They need to redraw borders or something

I never really understood the back to Africa thing either. This idea that if we all just go be around a bunch of black people, everything will be so much more better. That sounds wonderful, but is it really based in reality? Black communities in America are largely black. That hasn't eliminated the problems. And while racism might not be an issue in most of Africa, you're just trading that problem for a whole set of other problems.

Some people will be like "Well at least if I go to Africa, I'm getting away from the racist people that enslaved my ancestors." Ok true, but you're running right to the traitorous people that sold your ancestors to the slavers in the first place. The country have Ghana has basically admitted and apoligized for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back