Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saying this,

It has its issues, it has its corruption.

The crime is well documented...

However...

It has jobs, many many jobs in many industries.

The arts scene is well documented.

Again, the amount of festivals and events on a weekly basis is never ending.

There is always something to do.

The crime, while heavy, is mostly limited to the hood. If you chill in the hood all day, then if course it'll be a shit hole. But if you actually seek out an look for a good time, the city rarely disappoints.

Every time we have a night in the town we find great things to get into.

The food scene is top tier.

The bar scene is top tier.

Easily one of the best cities in the country to bar hop at.

The second you touch down in the airport, it's very clear you're not in a shit City.

You can catch live shows on stage every night, at multiple places. Museums out the ass including two renowned black museums.

Yeah you can go on and on about the negative, but I can go on and on about the positive.....

Enough so that it's clear the city is not all shit. The live music scene alone is insane....I literally just got invited to a music festival earlier tonight, and this is the norm

View attachment 134284

Like to say Baltimore is a shit City, based on the negatives and completely ignoring the positives is 100% choosing to focus and spread ignorance....

And I just get tired of it, cuz I see the good as well as the bad, and I know how to enjoy the good way too much to let people pretend it doesn't exist.

Like we literally have a free annual arts festival in artscape that brings top artist every year.

We had a tribe called west reunion one year here, me and the fam came to see Anthony Hamilton for free one year....

Shit just gets insulting at some point

But I'm not ignoring the positives. I just don't think those positives you named outweigh the negatives. I live in PG County, and it's decent, but I fucking hate how shitty the public school system is here. Baltimore city's schools are way worse, so how do you think I look at that? Artscape is dope, but do you think I personally would prioritize having an event like Artscape over having decent public schools. I wouldn't. Maybe that's cool to you, but we just disagree.

When I say Bmore is shitty, I'm not saying it's some place that you should never ever visit. It's just not a place that I'd ever want to live. But I'll let it be. You're starting to take it personally. I may not like Bmore, but that doesn't mean I think the people in Bmore are all trash.

Like where were y'all going? To the harbor and fells point?

Just that?

There's so much more.

Schools are difficult, but every school isn't equal. My son has been several different schools, and is only in the 2nd grade. However his school actually pretty good and has a lot to offer .

It was just rebuilt in the past few years and has a ridiculous amount of programs and activities running out of it.

They have great resources, the kids test well, and the staff gives a damn.

Again shit ain't always as bad as it seems. Sometimes I feel kinda lucky that my son has such a good school in this city, but my community always fought for shit like that.

We one of those communities that make local business put money back into the community.

You open a business, then you gotta endorse something. A local sports team, a school event. A park being rebuilt, something.

If not, we will boycott.

My homie got a bunch of us restoring the neighborhood basketball court. And we kinda pull in my neighborhood where ain't nobody gonna fuck it up either...

Like where were y'all going? To the harbor and fells point?

Just that?

There's so much more.

All over. Like I said, we were in the city a lot. My wife was a professional dancer in one of Baltimore's Dance companies, so I got dragged to a lot of artsy shit. I don't know how many big cities in this country you've been too, but I can say that a lot of the shit that you're giving Bmore so much credit for having can be found in every big city. Good restaurants, bars, night life, all that shit is typical for big cities. The negatives I listed are not.

There's no Urban Utopias in America.

No city is immune from poverty, crime, and corruption.

If Baltimore is a shit City then most of America is shit cities and it's no wonder that MD is #6 top states in the country

All over. Like I said, we were in the city a lot. My wife was a professional dancer in one of Baltimore's Dance companies, so I got dragged to a lot of artsy shit. I don't know how many big cities in this country you've been too, but I can say that a lot of the shit that you're giving Bmore so much credit for having can be found in every big city. Good restaurants, bars, night life, all that shit is typical for big cities. The negatives I listed are not.

Man if she wasn't your wife when you said professional dancer. I would've JOKINGLY asked if she worked at Norma Jean's but I ain't going go there joke or not that can be taken as disrespect.

Last edited:
There's no Urban Utopias in America.

No city is immune from poverty, crime, and corruption.

If Baltimore is a shit City then most of America is shit cities and it's no wonder that MD is #6 top states in the country

Du, stop it. Bmore is an average representation of cities in the U.S. Maybe if you're only comparing to cities like Philly or Chicago, you could make that argument, but those are cities that are known to have problems too. If you really think that all the reasonably large cities in America have the problems that Bmore has to the extent that Bmore has, I'm going to need you to leave Bmore a little more before we can continue this conversation. Here's a list of the Top 25 cities in the U.S. to live:

https://realestate.usnews.com/real-estate/slideshows/25-best-places-to-live-in-the-us?slide=26

Quite a few of those cities can give you basically all the good things that you attribute to Bmore with basically none of the bad things. And it's not like those cities are small podunk CAC towns. DC is on the list, so is Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, and Dallas-Fort Worth, all cities with decent black populations. I'm not saying Bmore is the worst city in the U.S., and you can definitely argue that it's a decent place to live under the right circumstances, but please don't come on here acting like Bmore is a typical American city. It's not.

Man if she wasn't your wife when you said professional dancer. I would've JOKINGLY asked if she worked at Norma Jean's but I ain't going go there joke or not that can be taken as disrespect.

lol It's all good. Every time I've said what my wife does as an occupation, I've always expected to get at least one of those jokes. I'm amazed I never have. Ya'll are a lot nicer than most of my friends. When I first told them what she did, the first thing they asked was how much for a lap dance.

Yo..u know the oddest shit, in my city theres mad Korean Churches and shit...theres a big ass Asian super market on a main road..

I rarely if ever seen asian kids or asian people just walking around outside of when I see them at their place of business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back