Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naw he didnt. He said hes gonna have a headache from the mfs who are gonna say it.
this my last post about it in this thread...i think we have a thread in the sports bar iirc

but there are a bunch of variables that go into winning a title

ofc, as a player you want to win, but what if that never happens? Do you feel that your career is a failure? Or do these "fans" only make this shit relevant when it comes to discussing single achievements in a team sport?

Is kobe bryant a statistically better player than Lebron? Or, is goldie gonna always bring up that the lakers, while Kobe played for them, managed to win 5 titles while two of the teams that lebron has played for got 3 during his tenure there

Titles are overrated from a fans perspective b/c of this b/c when you get stuck, when your bias cant save you in a debate, the defacto go to is "HoW maNY RiNGz Do hE GoT!!!"

i think the debate is always stupid b/c you cant account for shit like the era's in which the players played in, rules, etc...Tennis, Golf, Swimming, etc... are the only individual sports where for the most part, the playing field/rules have stayed the same, so if Venus is kicking every female player's ass out there, that's a proper comparison, but to keep up this bogus argument about rings meaning anything in a team sport when talking about individuals, then yea...its dumb

this my last post about it in this thread...i think we have a thread in the sports bar iirc

but there are a bunch of variables that go into winning a title

ofc, as a player you want to win, but what if that never happens? Do you feel that your career is a failure? Or do these "fans" only make this shit relevant when it comes to discussing single achievements in a team sport?

Is kobe bryant a statistically better player than Lebron? Or, is goldie gonna always bring up that the lakers, while Kobe played for them, managed to win 5 titles while two of the teams that lebron has played for got 3 during his tenure there

Titles are overrated from a fans perspective b/c of this b/c when you get stuck, when your bias cant save you in a debate, the defacto go to is "HoW maNY RiNGz Do hE GoT!!!"

i think the debate is always stupid b/c you cant account for shit like the era's in which the players played in, rules, etc...Tennis, Golf, Swimming, etc... are the only individual sports where for the most part, the playing field/rules have stayed the same, so if Venus is kicking every female player's ass out there, that's a proper comparison, but to keep up this bogus argument about rings meaning anything in a team sport when talking about individuals, then yea...its dumb

Bruh, i offered to debate with you about this on Tiny Chat and u wanted zero smoke. Save the long speeches.

It aint just fans. Players seem to put winning on top of the list of a players accomplishments too.

When it comes to great players, we talking the list of the best ever, they are so close to each other in skills and accomplishments that rings have to be the tie breaker.

I'm saving all my talking points for the day one of yall niggas are ready to have a real debate on Kobe vs Lebron on Tiny Chat

Bruh, i offered to debate with you about this on Tiny Chat and u wanted zero smoke. Save the long speeches.
i dont remember it happening this way, but ok sir

tenor.gif

Fam got himself two lightbrights

Wait so u are saying its overrated?
overrated means too much emphasis is being placed on it

everyone cant win a title...just by the shear number of players and teams.

again, so many variables go into winning a title. The players count for a percentage as individual talents, the coach counts as a percentage as someone who can cultivate the talent, and the front office counts for a percentage b/c of the duty to assemble the talent.

there is a reason only a few teams in the history of the league have won titles.

show me a team that when they had a dominate run didnt have all 3 of those boxes checked.

But at the same time, even though winning is important and rings should be used when talking bout a players legacy, it shouldnt be the only thing.

Imagine if Kobe never got traded on draft night to the Lakers and stayed on the Hornets. The 3 rings with Shaq would have never happened. Kobe lilely wouldnt have been able to carry a team to a ring in his early 20s.

In that case, lets say Kobe won 2 with the Hornets. Would anyone still say Kobe > Bron?

What im trying to say is as important as winning is, a good percentage of the ability to win is based on the team you end up playing for.

Id say winning is 65% based on the player, and 35% on situation. So it should be weighted the same way in a players legacy.

Last edited:
It aint just fans. Players seem to put winning on top of the list of a players accomplishments too.

When it comes to great players, we talking the list of the best ever, they are so close to each other in skills and accomplishments that rings have to be the tie breaker.
if people, both fans and media never said stuff like "such and such is a great player...too bad he never won a title"...do you think players would still place that level of emphasis on not winning a title?

Players hear/read about that stuff all the time and as much as they try to downplay it, it seems to only matter b/c the aforementioned people make it matter

its one thing to say you dont think Russell Westbrook isnt a good player b/c of his style of play...its another to say he isnt a good player or as great of a player b/c he was unable to win a title.

I got elephant memory fam.

You said "i don't even like lebron" , when i offered u the fade :ghost:
but i dont like lebron enough to debate with you about it b/c most of it will be my best guess about him as a player

but i will contend that if the only knock as a fan that you have on him vs kobe is that kobe has more rings, then read my posts made within this last hour, and thats my position

overrated means too much emphasis is being placed on it

everyone cant win a title...just by the shear number of players and teams.

again, so many variables go into winning a title. The players count for a percentage as individual talents, the coach counts as a percentage as someone who can cultivate the talent, and the front office counts for a percentage b/c of the duty to assemble the talent.

there is a reason only a few teams in the history of the league have won titles.

show me a team that when they had a dominate run didnt have all 3 of those boxes checked.
But all that shit that u just mentioned makes it so much more special when a specific player is actually able to do just that as often as kobe or mj hence the emphasis on it, as well as the context of how valuable that player was to those dominant teams.

I'm done talkin about it, i just hope u don't come with that weak ass argument when we debate.

I'm done talkin about it, i just hope u don't come with that weak ass argument when we debate.
its not weak at all

your main point in every kobe vs lebron debate is rings without proper context

But all that shit that u just mentioned makes it so much more special when a specific player is actually able to do just that as often as kobe or mj hence the emphasis on it, as well as the context of how valuable that player was to those dominant teams.
point being, they didnt do it on their own and a buncha shit had to happen just right in order for them to be the champion

hadnt used this in a while but "its not black and white"

its not weak at all

your main point in every kobe vs lebron debate is rings without proper context

Kobe being 5-2 and Lebron being 3-5 is one of many reasons why kobe is far superior.

But lets break another point down real quick before i step away from this debate.

What's the difference between football and basketball? The players in basketball play offense AND defense. So that'll be 50/50 right, half offense and half defense right?

Kobe has the record for the most all defensive teams in NBA history. That's 50% of the game, not even mentioning more scoring titles. While defending the other teams best player every night.

All im saying is fam, if u think all a nigga is coming with is ring talk, ur gonna have a long day trying to debate me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back