Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
if people, both fans and media never said stuff like "such and such is a great player...too bad he never won a title"...do you think players would still place that level of emphasis on not winning a title?

Players hear/read about that stuff all the time and as much as they try to downplay it, it seems to only matter b/c the aforementioned people make it matter

its one thing to say you dont think Russell Westbrook isnt a good player b/c of his style of play...its another to say he isnt a good player or as great of a player b/c he was unable to win a title.

In the late 70s and early 80s, the NBA as a league was dead and almost collapsed. There was very little media coverage of the NBA, no social media, no casual fans, no ESPN, no 24-7 coverage BUT people were still killing Dr.J for not being able to win the ring until he finally won. DR.J himself was the hardest on himself for not winning.

Winning a ring is necessary when it comes to cementing your legacy as a goat.

No one is expecting Jeremy Lin to win a ring and no one is killing him for not winning.

Great players are required to win.

Its not just media or fans and not just the NBA. The feeling is already that the Phillies signing Bryce Harper was a mistake if they dont win a world series in the next 3-4 years.

So yea winning was always important.

Kobe being 5-2 and Lebron being 3-5 is one of many reasons why kobe is far superior.

But lets break another point down real quick before i step away from this debate.

What's the difference between football and basketball? The players in basketball play offense AND defense. So that'll be 50/50 right, half offense and half defense right?

Kobe has the record for the most all defensive teams in NBA history. That's 50% of the game, not even mentioning more scoring titles. While defending the other teams best player every night.

All im saying is fam, if u think all a nigga is coming with is ring talk, ur gonna have a long day trying to debate me.
nope try again

if this was tennis, the finals record would matter. A finals record in a team sport cant be in your criteria for saying who the best player out of two individuals are.

In the late 70s and early 80s, the NBA as a league was dead and almost collapsed. There was very little media coverage of the NBA, no social media, no casual fans, no ESPN, no 24-7 coverage BUT people were still killing Dr.J for not being able to win the ring until he finally won. DR.J himself was the hardest on himself for not winning.

Winning a ring is necessary when it comes to cementing your legacy as a goat.

No one is expecting Jeremy Lin to win a ring and no one is killing him for not winning.

Great players are required to win.

Its not just media or fans and not just the NBA. The feeling is already that the Phillies signing Bryce Harper was a mistake if they dont win a world series in the next 3-4 years.

So yea winning was always important.

i have a rebuttal, but i dont wanna continue this here

if ya'll find the thread or start one, @ me

How can yall seperate best player from best legacy? Its gotta be a mix of personal skill and legacy weighted together.

Cause if not you can in theory say Len Bias was the best player ever cause he was the most skilled even though he died before he ever played a game in the NBA.

Btw goldie just said kobe is better on D than lebron lmao

But but all defensive team!

A lot of those were given off of reputation and this also has to be compared to the players of his era on D also

Come on man...this is disgusting

nope try again

if this was tennis, the finals record would matter. A finals record in a team sport cant be in your criteria for saying who the best player out of two individuals are.

Me : Rings isn't part of my argument

AP: U can't count rings in a team sport

^^^ this is why Tiny Chat is necessary, niggas can't respond with dumb shit like this when you're talkin directly to a mf lol

And as much as you're trying to pretend winning doesn't matter, it will always be one of if not the biggest factor.

Me : Rings isn't part of my argument

AP: U can't count rings in a team sport

^^^ this is why Tiny Chat is necessary, niggas can't respond with dumb shit like this when you're talkin directly to a mf lol

And as much as you're trying to pretend winning doesn't matter, it will always be one of if not the biggest factor.
i said it was overrated

If you actually read my post I wasn't talkin about rings...
I was

MJ's clip said winning and rings

well let me clarify now...the RINGS criteria is overrated

but again, lets go to the proper section to discuss

if you wanna get on TC tonight, i should be available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back