Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black men and boys have far more support, recognition, and representation in america than black women do..

Case in point

More people can tell you who this is

View attachment 401722

Than can tell you who this is

View attachment 401723

One of them is a all star

You can't possibly be serious with this. Maybe what you're saying was true at some point, but it's not anymore. Most up and coming black media personalities, politicians, and other influencers are women. Yes, random guy from the NBA is more well known that a good player from the WNBA. That's because the NBA is 1000x more popular than the WNBA. That dynamic does not translate outside of sports.

There are about three organizations that specifically cater to helping black girls and women. I don't know that there are any out there that cater to helping black boys and men.

You can't possibly be serious with this. Maybe what you're saying was true at some point, but it's not anymore. Most up and coming black media personalities, politicians, and other influencers are women. Yes, random guy from the NBA is more well known that a good player from the WNBA. That's because the NBA is 1000x more popular than the WNBA. That dynamic does not translate outside of sports.

There are about three organizations that specifically cater to helping black girls and women. I don't know that there are any out there that cater to helping black boys and men.
So recently as women's rights have become more prominent. There are more organizations that cater to the well being of black women. Who are sisters, mothers, cousins, aunts, grandmothers of black men and boys.

Why is that a problem? Why is that a point of contention? Why wouldnt we want our females cared for? Truth be told,theres way more morale and self esteem building activities for boys and men to get involved in.

Its just not something thats said to be specific targeted at men.

It's like the argument of white people saying why a NAACP, and not a NAAWP...why HBC's and Not WBC's.

Its because things are so slanted in one direction, the need to differentiate doesnt exist

So recently as women's rights have become more prominent. There are more organizations that cater to the well being of black women. Who are sisters, mothers, cousins, aunts, grandmothers of black men and boys.

Why is that a problem? Why is that a point of contention? Why wouldnt we want our females cared for? Truth be told,theres way more morale and self esteem building activities for boys and men to get involved in.

Its just not something thats said to be specific targeted at men.

It's like the argument of white people saying why a NAACP, and not a NAAWP...why HBC's and Not WBC's.

Its because thing are so slanted in one direction, need to differentiate doesnt exist

I apologize if I interjected in the middle of a bigger discussion. I was just saying that black men don't have more representation than black women. It's not a bad thing that black women are becoming more prominent figures and have louder voices now. It's a good thing. Black women have always been strong. Now more people are starting to understand that.

I just think you have to be careful how you frame things when you're comparing black men and women. There are people out there that claim that black men have all this power and are using it to the detriment of black women. That's what's fueling a lot of the animosity within the community. The truth is, black men don't really have that much power. We have some rich entertainers, sure, but black women are increasingly the black people with real positions of influence. Hell, just look at the Biden campaign and the black people they are considering for high level positions. Almost all of them are women. In a lot of important areas, black women are outpacing black men. So if no matter how well black women are doing, the rhetoric continues to be that black women have it the worse, how will we ever get a fair viewpoint of who needs to be helped?

It's sort of like with police brutality. A lot of women complain that black women don't get as much attention in that area while ignoring that black men are much more likely to be abused by police than black women. The country absolutely needed to say Breonna Taylor's name. But it's wrong to act like sexism is the reason that 7 George Floyds get spotlight for every 1 Breonna Taylor and not the fact that there are 7 George Floyds being murdered for every Breonna Taylor.

I apologize if I interjected in the middle of a bigger discussion. I was just saying that black men don't have more representation than black women. It's not a bad thing that black women are becoming more prominent figures and have louder voices now. It's a good thing. Black women have always been strong. Now more people are starting to understand that.

I just think you have to be careful how you frame things when you're comparing black men and women. There are people out there that claim that black men have all this power and are using it to the detriment of black women. That's what's fueling a lot of the animosity within the community. The truth is, black men don't really have that much power. We have some rich entertainers, sure, but black women are increasingly the black people with real positions of influence. Hell, just look at the Biden campaign and the black people they are considering for high level positions. Almost all of them are women. In a lot of important areas, black women are outpacing black men. So if no matter how well black women are doing, the rhetoric continues to be that black women have it the worse, how will we ever get a fair viewpoint of who needs to be helped?

It's sort of like with police brutality. A lot of women complain that black women don't get as much attention in that area while ignoring that black men are much more likely to be abused by police than black women. The country absolutely needed to say Breonna Taylor's name. But it's wrong to act like sexism is the reason that 7 George Floyds get spotlight for every 1 Breonna Taylor and not the fact that there are 7 George Floyds being murdered for every Breonna Taylor.
I understand what you are saying, the way I personally look it is. Alot of that contention and confusion is among those that need to be lead. And theres nothing wrong with needing to be lead, cause those that contribute the most are often those that are lead in the direction to do so. So I get that there is a constant frustration with where the narrative is lead.

At the same time I believe that this is the most ultimate for of if you know you know. And if you know, you know cause you care and you didnt need to be lead to the accurate conclusion as you stated about the reaction to mrs. Tayors and mr. Floyd's deaths. And how more black men catch it that ways and might take 5 to be noticed where with 1 woman its acknowledged.

But also if you are in the minority that knows, you know that leading and following are just apart of how it goes, and you gotta remain focused on the ultimate goal and not get wrapped in the narrative race.

I'm doing well. Getting chilly down here and that's a good thing.

Is that why you decided a profession in healthcare?
I'm glad you're well. It's gotten downright cold here...we woke up to a little snow today!

Absolutely...it's where my heart is. Although, I've become incredibly disenchanted since the start of the pandemic...there's an ugliness and insidiousness that has always existed in healthcare, particularly for Black people and poor people, and especially for poor Black people; but the shit I've seen and experienced in the past few months is quite disheartening, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back