Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dv_tZfNUcAIETPz.jpg:large

any religious people wanna run this down?

seriously

im on the fence out here and just trying to gain knowledge about it all
From my understanding 'adam' means 'mankind' and 'eve' means 'life giver'. It was a title given to a groups of people. I've just stayed with that understanding because it makes more sense and is easier to understand.

any religious people wanna run this down?

seriously

im on the fence out here and just trying to gain knowledge about it all
It is also said that the characters of the bible are more aspects of human nature than they are actual individual people. Imo the bible is majority allegorical and symbolic. Which makes everything a lot more logical and useful to everyday life. Some things can only be conveyed through stories.

Especially back then when there were no words for conscience, ego, or other mental aspects of man

Adam symbolizes the "heavenly spirit", Eve symbolizes the "human soul", the Tree of Knowledge symbolizes "the human world", and the serpent symbolizes "attachment to the human world". The fall of Adam thus represents the way humanity became conscious of good and evil.

But are these symbolizations that we are attributing to adam and eve now the symbolizations that were in the minds of the people who wrote the book of genesis 3,500 years ago?

Is there any proof that adam symbolized the heavenly spirit 1-2-3 thousand years ago?

Isn't the purpose in the minds of the authors more important than the perspectives we add to the stories in this case?

Cause if we can just change the meaning behind the stories in the torah/bible/koran as we grow and learn as a society, than the answer to that question becomes we created god instead of god creating us.

But are these symbolizations that we are attributing to adam and eve now the symbolizations that were in the minds of the people who wrote the book of genesis 3,500 years ago?

Is there any proof that adam symbolized the heavenly spirit 1-2-3 thousand years ago?

Isn't the purpose in the minds of the authors more important than the perspectives we add to the stories in this case?

Cauae if we can just change the meaning behind the stories in the torah/bible/koran as we grow and learn as a society, than the answer to that question becomes we created god instead of god creating us.
good post

hell if I know

again, just trying to learn

I didnt grow up in the church or learning about any of this, which is part of why I've been so distant from it

recently started going with the family and trying to make some changes, but im still me

so I got all these questions ringing while im trying to listen and dont know how to feel about certain shit

just the little info here was good tho.....I definitely have a lot of studying to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back