Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just going off beta post, whoever banned him from a thread, pm me so I can refund you your money

Totally random.

Just came across it on youtube.

Subscribed to a channel with old recordings a while back........Tape Deck Wreck..........and it came up on my suggestions.

'Thought it was kinda dope seeing shit like that from 1985.

Back then I didn't even know dancehall existed.
It's been around for a minute remember its where rap came from so it predates a lot of shit.

Is there a thread on this Jason Pope cat ? Shit is fucking disgusting !

It's been around for a minute remember its where rap came from so it predates a lot of shit.

I know that now, but.....back then.......I was only even vaguely familiar with reggae.

Didn't start to learn about dancehall until sometime after 1988.

And didn't learn until the early 90's that dancehall and reggae weren't necessarily the same thing.

From what I understand now, dancehall was derived from reggae.........but all reggae can't be classified as dancehall.

If that makes any sense.

You could probably explain it better than me.

• Goat
Reactions: GNS
Why did you even put that back in the store, well I know the reason but lets see if you come out and say it
Because I wanted to

Simple as that

We not about to have a repeat of last week. He asked to not be involved with that kinda stuff so he knows he can't do it to someone else should he ever feel compelled to do so.

He wants to just chill, I can respect that

Because I wanted to

Simple as that

We not about to have a repeat of last week. He asked to not be involved with that kinda stuff so he knows he can't do it to someone else should he ever feel compelled to do so.

He wants to just chill, I can respect that
Well nobody wants to be banned so now what's the reason that you won't get rid of it. You was all in favor of doing that until someone pulled your card

Don't know if there's a thread.........but there's this:

An 88 minute discussion about it.

Yeah, I know that now.

Back then, I was only even vaguely familiar with reggae.

Didn't start to learn about dancehall until sometime after 1988.

And didn't learn until the early 90's that dancehall and reggae weren't necessarily the same thing.

From what I understand now, dancehall was derived from reggae.........but all reggae can't be classified as dancehall.

If that makes any sense.

You could probably explain it better than me.
Nah u on it.
That's pretty much accurate.

Back home people classify reggae and dancehall as different things, but they wont separate dancehall and say it has nothing to do with reggae. They'd more be like it's a sub genre of reggae.

Reggae which includes roots, one drop etc... Is mostly positive, black upliftment, conscious music. Even its a party track or about women.

Dancehall is basically like rap where it's raunchy, disrespectful, slack, violent af, and misogynistic af too, throw in a lil weed talk and yea innuh.

Dancehall can be positive but it's mostly young people shit so they aren't tryna hear certain shit.

The attractive thing about dancehall is the beats/riddim. A lot of times americans(some) can't understand a fuck what is being said but the beat will have women over here doing the most on the dancefloor.

Dancehall also inspired not only rap but ; spanish dancehall(panamanian), reggaeton(ricans), dembow(d.r.), afrobeat, whatever tf drake and tory lanez tries to do and a bunch of other shit.

Reggae got it's offshoots too(jawaiian etc)

It's big but it's from such a little ass place. Sadly just like our american brothers I doubt a black man makes the most money off of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back