Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful. Wouldn’t have had it any other way.
Oh nah, don't take what I'm saying as any point of contention. I ask because I'm low key fascinated what it was like as a black woman growing up in the burbs. Not to relate this to you in anyway. But a while back I saw this interview of this black woman who had become famous. She grew up in the burbs, and her school was predominantly white. She was talking about how while in highschool she used to at home, drag her ass across the floor. In Hope's that it would minimize its size, cause though she was slim.

She had a young black womans figure and in the environment she grew up in, it wasnt something that was coveted. And it bug me out cause I couldnt fathom, growing up in a place where what's natural to me. Makes me feel like that much of an outsider.

My elementary school in NY was black and P.R , my elementary school in charleston had one white kid and one white teacher in the whole school. I grew up in a place where poverty was so normal, that I thought back then that where I live now is where rich people lived.

So, when I ask, I ask cause I'm interested in what It was like to start in the middle and around diversity? Did you even believe it to be the middle, did you realize the diversity wasnt normal to most people?

Oh nah, don't take what I'm saying as any point of contention. I ask because I'm low key fascinated what it was like as a black woman growing up in the burbs. Not to relate this to you in anyway. But a while back I saw this interview of this black woman who had become famous. She grew up in the burbs, and her school was predominantly white. She was talking about how while in highschool she used to at home, drag her ass across the floor. In Hope's that it would minimize its size, cause though she was slim.She had a young black womans figure and in the environment she grew up in, it wasnt something that was coveted. And it bug me out cause I couldnt fathom, growing up in a place where what's natural to me. Makes me feel like that much of an outsider.

My elementary school in NY was black and P.R , my elementary school in charleston had one white kid and one white teacher in the whole school. I grew up in a place where poverty was so normal, that I thought back then that where I live now is where rich people lived.

So, when I ask, I ask cause I'm interested in what It was like to start in the middle and around diversity? Did you even believe it to be the middle, did you realize the diversity wasnt normal to most people?
I grew up around blacks and Mexicans. It was a mix of medium and poverty. I didn’t see much of a difference except for the homes we lived in and the clothes we wore. We had about one or two white people in our school through elementary to high school.

Oh except one year we were zoned to a more diverse school for one year while they built our new high school. That shit was weird being around so many white people. Couldn’t wait to get back to my niggas.

My cheer squad went from 19 members in 2016-2017 to 11 members in 2017-2018 to 7 members in 2018-2019 to 34 members now in 2019-2020.

What’s the difference this year? I’m the head coach and the other head coach left. Shit stressful AF. They had their first event last night and had a great time. I feel accomplished. Somehow Im still fat tho. It’s weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back