Welcome To aBlackWeb

Obama explains what he did for black people

I agree. I don't really have a problem with him on this point. He said for the beginning that he wanted to be president of the U.S. not president of black people. That was his stated agenda, so people can't fault him for sticking with it. I'm just saying, he needs to phrase his answers to these questions from that standpoint and not act like the black progress under his presidency was due to some deliberate action on his part to help blacks.

Decriminalize it all. People shouldn't be going to jail for being junkies. That's ridiculous. Regulate drugs like you do alcohol. There are fines and punishments for legit abuse of alcohol or for breaking rules, but it's not the racket that the drug war is.
You really think stuff like meth should be legalized? That shit can make you assault a complete stranger for no reason. Or what about flakka that can make a motherfucker strip down, run through a wall and eat a person’s face. You really gonna put that kinda shit in the same category as weed and booze?

You really think stuff like meth should be legalized? That shit can make you assault a complete stranger for no reason. Or what about flakka that can make a motherfucker strip down, run through a wall and eat a person’s face. You really gonna put that kinda shit in the same category as weed and booze?

I don't think he means legalize when he says decriminalize. I believe hes referring to having it be a health issue as opposed to it being a jail-able offense.

I don't think he means legalize when he says decriminalize. I believe hes referring to having it be a health issue as opposed to it being a jail-able offense.

A lot of shit should be health issues but I bet you would die on some of those hills lol.

And that shit was a choice before it became anything else

Only a matter of time before they brought King Sodomite on.....

iu

Fire interview and in my opinion he ethered a lot folks who dont know shit about how the American political system and processes really work...as well as the constitutional checks abd balances and the importance of Congress as well as the differences of jurisdiction and authority when it comes to State vs Federal law and policies

Obama was really breaking shit down in this interview and the book.

The naive have been making the same excuses for Obama when he didn't provide exclusive tangibles for black people during his terms.
If the excuses for Obama were valid back then, you've all validated what critics were saying about blindly voting for another democrat.
We are on track to once again repeat the last 8 years of racial terrorism and trickle-down policies.
Other groups getting more exclusive tangibles while black folks get skipped over.
And the same Democrat shills making the same excuses in another 4 or 8 years.

Last edited:
do some y’all really think that white supremacy differ from a black ancestor that was a slave and one that came after?

Because I can guarantee your experiences is no different from someone that came here let’s just say 3-4 generations ago
The 3rd and 4th gen folk ain't the issue. The conflict within the diaspora is the perception of 1st and 2nd gen immigrant coons undermining ados

It's not a coincidence Obama nor Kamala are non ados.

Lineage matters.

There literally are no “black people exclusive tangibles” other than reparations PERIOD.

A paycheck, or whatever form it takes, alone is not enough.
It's not a one-size-fits-all, but it would be a great start.
Still, there are and will be other issues of anti-black injustice that will also need to be addressed.
If the solution requires official enforcement or new legislation, that's when public officials need to do more.

A key thing with reparations is not allowing it to be a payment to treat us the same, or worst, afterward.

A paycheck, or whatever form it takes, alone is not enough.
It's not a one-size-fits-all, but it would be a great start.
Still, there are and will be other issues of anti-black injustice that will also need to be addressed.
If the solution requires official enforcement or new legislation, that's when public officials need to do more.

A key thing with reparations is not allowing it to be a payment to treat us the same, or worst, afterward.
Never saw reparations as just monetary compensation.

what really needs to be addressed is the lack of participation at the state and local levels of government. Will be the quickest way to attack and combat the systemic racism we face

Yes federal law is just as important but due to the checks and balances and the lawmaking process its a much more difficult and nuanced process

But yall know that

Legalized and decriminalized aren't the same thing. If those drugs are decriminalized, it just means people won't go to jail for having them. You can still be sent to a facility to get help with drug addiction.

At the end of the day, sending people to jail for being addicted is the wrong thing. We need to be finding out why people turn to drugs and solve those problems. That's what they've done in other countries.

You gotta read up on the history criminalizing drugs. It's messed up. For example, drugs weren't illegal in Mexico and they had a better system than the U.S. The U.S. forced Mexico to do it to maintain trade ties. So Mexico did it. Then the U.S. trained a bunch of Mexicans to fight so they could act as enforcers that kept the drugs from moving to South America to the U.S. What happened instead is the people this nation trained went back to Mexico and became the cartels that took over the drug trade.

Back